K-3 interview fees

Old Jun 7th 2004, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Americanwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-3 interview fees

Hello guys
i am confused because on certain sites and papers i see that interview for K-3 costs 335$ and some sites and papers tell its 100$
So how much is it indeed?
Thank you
Old Jun 7th 2004, 5:32 pm
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-3 interview fees

Originally posted by Americanwife
Hello guys
i am confused because on certain sites and papers i see that interview for K-3 costs 335$ and some sites and papers tell its 100$
So how much is it indeed?
Thank you
$335 is the cost for the Immigrant Visa - you'll probably have to pay $100 for the K3.

Once the I-130 is approved, that's where the $335 comes into play. I think it's the same whether you file for Adjustment of Status or let the paperwork go through to the consulate.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 6:18 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Kim,

If a K3 becomes a Permanent Resident by adjustment of status there's no immigrant visa involved, and so no immigrant visa fee to be paid.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by KimJ
$335 is the cost for the Immigrant Visa - you'll probably have to pay $100 for the K3.

Once the I-130 is approved, that's where the $335 comes into play. I think it's the same whether you file for Adjustment of Status or let the paperwork go through to the consulate.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 6:52 pm
Queen of the Obvious

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Kim,

If a K3 becomes a Permanent Resident by adjustment of status there's no immigrant visa involved, and so no immigrant visa fee to be paid.

Regards, JEff
Interesting, though I don't understand this, to be honest...

Wouldn't the status of permanent resident be a visa in of itself?

I don't understand why one would require a fee and the other wouldn't.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 6:53 pm
Queen of the Obvious

Interesting, though I don't understand this, to be honest...

Just checked the USCIS website - AOS application fee is $315
Old Jun 7th 2004, 7:54 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Kim,

No, status is not a visa. And adjustment of status is not a visa.

When you say "one would require a fee and the other wouldn't", what is the "one" and what is "the other"? Adjustment of status and immigrant visa?

If so, yes, they both require a fee, but they are 2 different fees for 2 different things - even though they both bring one to the same end point, status as a Permanent Resident.

A person who adjusts status pays a fee to have their I-485 application processed, but they do not pay a fee for an immigrant visa that they haven't applied for.

Conversely, a person who choses to apply for an immgrant visa pays a fee to have their immigrant visa application processed, but they do not pay a fee for an adjustment of status that they haven't applied for.

Regards, JEff