K1 visa process

Old Oct 25th 2016, 4:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa process

Originally Posted by BenK91
Thank you! my POE will be JFK and so I'm expecting horrific queues as usual so anything to speed me through to secondary will be great! My flight onto Denver isn't actually until the next day later in the evening so I'll be staying overnight with a cousin in the city. Do you think I'll have any issues landing at Denver or will they just see my K1 has been processed and let me through?
They won't even notice your K-1. The only ones to see our passport would be at the airline counter at check-in and the agent at security who lets you into the area for physical clearance of your person and carryon items.

Even if they did notice, the K-1 has been activated by the stamp from your first flight over and is not needed again except for copying for the AOS.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

MartinBen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pugilation
I might bump into you at the clinic! My medical's on the 1st Nov, interview on the 5th December Going out for Thanksgiving so will get my hard copies of the remaining paperwork then!

Good luck!
Yes might well do - what time is your appointment? Mines just after lunchtime.

Getting nervous already!
Old Nov 1st 2016, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Medical update.

Arrived well in time - only 3 of us there!

Handed in paperwork and passport for them to check and process. Did urine test as was bursting for a pee!

Saw lady who did chest x-ray - no issues there.

Saw nurse (from Norway) and went through missing innoculations - I explained my paper medical records had been lost and she said that was very common! Anyway needed Tdap booster (pt2) , MMR (Pt1) - need pt2 after 4 weeks and Flu jab. MMR jab stung a bit but others were fine. Asked about Chicken Pox as I had that when I was 5 and she said that's fine they shouldn't need to bother.

Next stop was seeing the doctor - nice lady from New Zealand. Checked my height, weighed me and tested eye-sight with my glasses on (short sighted) Gave me a quick check to make sure I was male(!) and asked me few standard questions about health. Then checked my blood pressure which was good and finally took my blood. After all that she said I was finished and unless something unexpected crops up in blood or urine test then I'm in good health - so horray!

Finally had to grab paperwork back from the reception - Police Record, passport, a copy of DS-3025 form confirming innoculations - VITAL they give you a copy as you need if for "Adjustment of Status" later on for the K1 Visa - also Certificate of Immunization. Also had to pay!

All in all it wasn't a bad experience and I was in/out in about 90mins.

Now for the interview!
Old Nov 1st 2016, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Ben! I haven't been on this site in ages and I'm sorry for missing your post! Very happy for you and congratulations!
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinBen
Medical update.

Arrived well in time - only 3 of us there!

Handed in paperwork and passport for them to check and process. Did urine test as was bursting for a pee!

Saw lady who did chest x-ray - no issues there.

Saw nurse (from Norway) and went through missing innoculations - I explained my paper medical records had been lost and she said that was very common! Anyway needed Tdap booster (pt2) , MMR (Pt1) - need pt2 after 4 weeks and Flu jab. MMR jab stung a bit but others were fine. Asked about Chicken Pox as I had that when I was 5 and she said that's fine they shouldn't need to bother.

Next stop was seeing the doctor - nice lady from New Zealand. Checked my height, weighed me and tested eye-sight with my glasses on (short sighted) Gave me a quick check to make sure I was male(!) and asked me few standard questions about health. Then checked my blood pressure which was good and finally took my blood. After all that she said I was finished and unless something unexpected crops up in blood or urine test then I'm in good health - so horray!

Finally had to grab paperwork back from the reception - Police Record, passport, a copy of DS-3025 form confirming innoculations - VITAL they give you a copy as you need if for "Adjustment of Status" later on for the K1 Visa - also Certificate of Immunization. Also had to pay!

All in all it wasn't a bad experience and I was in/out in about 90mins.

Now for the interview!
I think I had basically the same experience as you, 3 vaccinations (MMR, diptheria and flu) with instructions to follow up on 2 of them in 4 weeks. Everything else fine from what I could tell. Now on to interview, packing and moving!
Old Nov 17th 2016, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrived safely in Colorado! My POE was JFK yesterday which wasn't the quickest or friendliest but no problems at all. Was in secondary for about 50 minutes once I'd got through the initial hour queue to actually get the CBP officers desk! We're going to relax for a few weeks before we start thinking about the next steps and AOS!
Old Nov 17th 2016, 3:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Rene
Old Nov 17th 2016, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Welcome to the USA, oh and welcome to Mountain Time!

Jon
Old Nov 17th 2016, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, BenK91! Enjoy that much-deserved relaxation and time together.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 5:19 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and welcome!
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all! Will be applying for my SSN on Monday hopefully. Was there a guide on the wiki originally showing what documents were needed for this (among other info like links to forms etc)? I thought there was one but apparently it no longer exists!

We're getting married early January so just taking some time to get everything ready and take care of everything such as the SSN and bank accounts etc!
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Thanks all! Will be applying for my SSN on Monday hopefully. Was there a guide on the wiki originally showing what documents were needed for this (among other info like links to forms etc)? I thought there was one but apparently it no longer exists!

We're getting married early January so just taking some time to get everything ready and take care of everything such as the SSN and bank accounts etc!
Take your passport, copy of i-94 and fill out form SS-5. Also, take another form of ID.

You can open a bank account without it.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ok - got interview at embassy next week and already getting nervous!

Paperwork I'm taking with me is as follows.

Current passport - valid until 2025
Old passports as have US visit stamps in them
Copy letter from US Embassy showing case number along with I-129F my fiancee completed
Email printout confirming interview date/time at the embassy
Confirmation email re. courier booked re return of passport
Confirmation re. non-immigrant visa application
Original birth certificate - full version showing mum/dad and address etc
UK Police Certificate - dated end July 2016
Original Change-of-name Deed - I changed my middle name 21yrs ago when I was 18.
I-134 Affadavit of Support
Letter from Fiancees employer confirming her salary, full time role and how long she has worked there
Letter from Fiancees bank confirming how much deposited in it and average amount over last 12mths. (letter is dated mid-Oct)
One US passport sized photo

I also can present photos of us together in the US - not sure if needed?

I can also present evidence I have enough finances to not be a burden on the state but I think I read I cannot use that re. K1 visa application?

Can anyone see if I've missed something obvious - don't want to blow it!

Thanks people.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I also can present photos of us together in the US - not sure if needed?
Highly unlikely. Not in the requirements.

I can also present evidence I have enough finances to not be a burden on the state but I think I read I cannot use that re. K1 visa application?
Not needed.

Can anyone see if I've missed something obvious - don't want to blow it!
  • Latest tax transcript / tax return (with W2 etc.) would be useful for the I-134.
  • DS-160 Confirmation Page
  • Assuming the I-134 is from your fiancee - if not then proof of US citizenship for the sponsor
Old Nov 28th 2016, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Is the DS-160 confirmation the one with your photo in top left corner - if so I have that.

Yes - the I-134 was completed by my fiancee

I asked about her tax returns but she could not find them - will need to before AOS - didnt think was required at this stage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.