K1 visa process

Old Sep 15th 2016, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa process

Originally Posted by BenK91
Thank you both, very helpful as usual!

So I've managed to book my interview for the 18th October (way sooner than I was expecting!) which should leave a nice gap inbetween the medical and interview.

It's starting to feel real now which is pretty scary!

An updated timeline for anyone that's interested:

9th June 2016: Fiance filed I-129F
18th June 2016: Fiance recieved NOA1 (I-797C) in the mail.
11th August 2016: Fiance recieved NOA2 (I-797) in the mail.
22nd August 2016: NVC recieved petition and assigned case number.
2nd September 2016: US Embassy in London recieved petition.
10th September 2016: "Packet 3" recieved from Embassy.
3rd October 2016: Medical in Knightsbridge
18th October 2016: Interview
That's a speedy timeline!
Old Sep 17th 2016, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
That's a speedy timeline!
It's a hell of a lot quicker than we thought it would be! I'm starting to think it's speeding through so they can deny it quickly! Haha

It's starting to feel real now, gathering all the documents and booking a hotel in London etc etc. I'm starting to get nervous about the medical and then I'll be nervous for the interview! I should probably just man up! Haha
Old Sep 26th 2016, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Should I receive a visa appointment confirmation letter in the post?

I paid the £204 fee online and this was in the confirmation email (which I know I need to print out):

You have successfully scheduled your appointment and paid the K Visa application fee. Here are the details of your transaction.
You must print this instruction page and bring it with you to your consular interview, along with the letter you received from the Consular Section.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 6:58 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Should I receive a visa appointment confirmation letter in the post?
You might, but it doesn't matter if you don't... because "You have successfully scheduled your appointment and paid the K Visa application fee."

Ian
Old Sep 26th 2016, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You might, but it doesn't matter if you don't... because "You have successfully scheduled your appointment and paid the K Visa application fee."

Ian
I was fairly certain I'd read other people not receiving confirmation letters but I just wanted to be sure so thank you Ian.

Medical is next week, starting to get nervous! I got the woman in reception at Knightsbridge that sounds like she wants to commit suicide last time I rang so I'm hoping she's not on the end of any vaccination I need to get!
Old Sep 30th 2016, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I was fairly certain I'd read other people not receiving confirmation letters but I just wanted to be sure so thank you Ian.

Medical is next week, starting to get nervous! I got the woman in reception at Knightsbridge that sounds like she wants to commit suicide last time I rang so I'm hoping she's not on the end of any vaccination I need to get!
I never received a physical confirmation letter for my K1 visa interview.

Good luck. Vaccinations would be likely administered by a nurse and definitely not a receptionist.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Medical all done!

Like most have said, it's a lot less daunting than first thought! Got in, completed a form, took a urine sample and had my chest x-ray. Examination by a doctor and a blood test which all in all took about 5 minutes and then my two vaccinations!
Interview next in 15 days, getting a bit tight for my mother in law to FedEx me the stuff I need for the affidavit of support but fingers crossed should all be fine!
Old Oct 10th 2016, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi all,

Hopefully the last question from me until after the interview next week! Would someone be able to give me a sanity check on the checklist of items I have for my interview on the 18th October?

I have:

UK Passport valid until 2021
4x US Spec Passport Photos
Receipt/immunisation documentation from Knightsbridge medical.
Affidavit of support filled out and signed by my future mother in law - including three years of tax returns.
1x Police Certificate
I-797C + Photocoy
I-797 + Photocopy
Original I-129F application + photocopy
Appointment/K1 Visa fee confirmation + photocopy
Long birth certificate + photocopy
DS160 confirmation + photocopy
Letter addressed to USC from NVC with receipt number and case number + photocopy

Sorry for all of that - I'm aware some of the above I don't need but I'm just trying to be comprehensive.

Thank you in advance!
Old Oct 10th 2016, 7:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure the affidavit of support is the I-134.

Rene
Old Oct 10th 2016, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Make sure the affidavit of support is the I-134.

Rene
That's the one we have, along with three years of tax returns
Old Oct 17th 2016, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

So, my visa was approved this morning!

Over the moon and couldn't imagine being where we are now at the start of the process!

Thank you all so much for all of your help. Without your help I'd have buggered the forms up or wasted thousands on a solicitor so genuinely thank you all so much from me and my fiancé!
Old Oct 17th 2016, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Over the moon and couldn't imagine being where we are now at the start of the process!

Thank you all so much for all of your help. Without your help I'd have buggered the forms up or wasted thousands on a solicitor so genuinely thank you all so much from me and my fiancé!
That's absolutely fantastic. Congratulations and good luck with adventure.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Oct 18th 2016, 1:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2016, 8:57 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Well done! Congratulations!

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.