Wikiposts

K1 visa process

Old Dec 15th 2016, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

MartinBen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 visa process

Well a week after successful Visa interview and no sign of the passport coming back!

Getting worried now as flight booked for next Tuesday - I fear a call coming to airline to see if can re-book it.

Was hoping for it today after Pugilation's came in a week.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinBen
Well a week after successful Visa interview and no sign of the passport coming back!

Getting worried now as flight booked for next Tuesday - I fear a call coming to airline to see if can re-book it.

Was hoping for it today after Pugilation's came in a week.
Did you get a confirmation email yet? I got an email from [email protected] with the subject : "U.S. DoS Visa system return travel document shipment notice", and then had my passport 2 days later.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

No - I've had no email as of yet

Visa says approved.

No idea why the delay - I've emailed the airline asking them how late I can leave it before re-booking the flight.

Wanted to spend Christmas with my fiancee and her folks - looks like that won't happen now
Old Dec 15th 2016, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

No - I've had no email as of yet

Visa says approved.

No idea why the delay - I've emailed the airline asking them how late I can leave it before re-booking the flight.

Wanted to spend Christmas with my fiancee and her folks - looks like that won't happen now
Oh damn, sorry to hear that mate. Might be worth checking with the courier company directly?

Good luck with the airline, and fingers crossed you get the email (and passport!) asap.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks - I thought about asking the couriers - DX Courier - but without a track-and-trace number don't think they will be able to help?
Old Dec 15th 2016, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks - I thought about asking the couriers - DX Courier - but without a track-and-trace number don't think they will be able to help?
I think they may have your case number as a reference too? Anything's worth a shot at this point I think!
Old Dec 16th 2016, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case the email went wrong... Log into usvisa-info (same site you booked interview on). If it has been dispatched the courier information will be listed on there.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Good news!

Had email after lunch saying visa etc passed to courier and using the track & trace I can see it is out for Monday delivery so, fingers crossed, I will be flying out on Tuesday!
Old Dec 18th 2016, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Good news!

Had email after lunch saying visa etc passed to courier and using the track & trace I can see it is out for Monday delivery so, fingers crossed, I will be flying out on Tuesday!
Awesome!
Old Dec 18th 2016, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Visa arrived!!

Packing frantically for tomorrows flight

One question: I have to present the passport and envelope to the immigration people. where I am due to live has changed in this last week - would that be a problem or would they not know what the address was before anyway?
Old Dec 18th 2016, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Visa arrived!!

One question: I have to present the passport and envelope to the immigration people. where I am due to live has changed in this last week - would that be a problem or would they not know what the address was before anyway?
Safe travels! I have a similar anxiety re address, given I moved out of my old place a couple of weeks ago. I've decided to really not care too much about it, I have a visa in my passport and a packet of documents under seal.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Visa arrived!!

I was never asked nor given the opportunity to say about address change.

You will give an address for customs declaration so put new one on there.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 12:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... where I am due to live has changed in this last week - would that be a problem...
When you arrive, give them the new address. They won't care what it was before then.

Ian
Old Dec 19th 2016, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys
Old Dec 20th 2016, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

So relieved and pleased for you, MartinBen! I hope you had a smooth and pleasant journey - congratulations!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.