Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Visa / CR-1 Visa - Affidavit of Support issues

K1 Visa / CR-1 Visa - Affidavit of Support issues

Old May 19th 2019, 1:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa / CR-1 Visa - Affidavit of Support issues

Would her moving to the UK not be an option? You have a management job, she has no job due to disabilities. She's living in a trailer with her mother. The UK has the NHS and benefits system that would help her.

I'm sure there is a reason you've chosen to move to the US rather than the other way around, but it just seems to me that you'd have the prospect of a much nicer life in the UK with a bit of a safety net.
Old May 19th 2019, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Would her moving to the UK not be an option? You have a management job, she has no job due to disabilities. She's living in a trailer with her mother. The UK has the NHS and benefits system that would help her.

I'm sure there is a reason you've chosen to move to the US rather than the other way around, but it just seems to me that you'd have the prospect of a much nicer life in the UK with a bit of a safety net.
Does the OP earn 18,600 GBP or more per annum to qualify for the financial requirements?; and have 1,500 GBP + for the visa fees? and the accommodation requirements?
Old May 19th 2019, 5:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Does the OP earn 18,600 GBP or more per annum to qualify for the financial requirements?; and have 1,500 GBP + for the visa fees? and the accommodation requirements?
He must earn more than that if he's a store manager - even check out staff earn that! No idea on the rest, but if they can afford to pay for the US visa fees, that won't be any different. It just strikes me as a better option if he's at least employed, rather than going the other way.
Old May 19th 2019, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
He must earn more than that if he's a store manager - even check out staff earn that! No idea on the rest, but if they can afford to pay for the US visa fees, that won't be any different. It just strikes me as a better option if he's at least employed, rather than going the other way.
I do not believe the OP mentioned their gender.
Old May 19th 2019, 5:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Boiler
I do not believe the OP mentioned their gender.
The OP may not have done, but according to his fiancee he's a 'him'. Need help/advice about Marriage Visa
Old May 19th 2019, 10:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

A little off subject here but are you aware that trailers are nicknamed "Tornado Bait" in the US and for very good reason. Anyone who lives in a trailer when a tornado strikes will never live to walk away. And please don't tell me that Florida does not have tornadoes. I was visiting my sister in Ft. Myers, FL when a tornado hit the rural section of her city.