K-1 Visas

Old Nov 20th 2005, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: K-1 Visas

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Actually, the discussion was quite tame although it did last longer than I anticipated due to having to answer so many follow up posts from a few who seemed to want to keep the discussion going. No worries, but thanks for your concern. I appreciate it.

Yesterday I mentioned that I shudder to think of a government attorney finding evidence of UPL and somehow using that as some sort of ammunition against someone in their immigration case. The logical follow up question that nobody asked is (at least to me, this is what I would have asked): Well, how are they going to know about this?

While every case and situation is different, I’ve always heard that when people get ratted out to the CIS, almost always its by a family member or other (former) loved one, a friend or co-worker who happens to know something and who has a bug up their tail for some reason (and the evidence is likely archived and easy to obtain). We see posts like that quite often here in this group by one party of a once happily married couple (She used me for her greencard, so how do I get her removed/deported from “my” country). Since the net is still relatively new, I haven’t heard of a government attorney using this as ammunition yet, but that’s not to say it won’t ever happen. Since this is a non-news group relating to people’s immigration matters, this seems like a legitimate topic of discussion.
Sorry, but I don't follow you. Are you suggesting that if a post asked advice on how to do "such and such" and it was UPL, that a government attorney would us that to bolster a claim of immigration benefits for an alien? I can't quite see the connection.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 4:49 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 Visas

Originally Posted by bionomique
Sorry, but I don't follow you. Are you suggesting that if a post asked advice on how to do "such and such" and it was UPL, that a government attorney would us that to bolster a claim of immigration benefits for an alien? I can't quite see the connection.

I'm equally confused.

Matt is all about warning the group about committing UPL. We ask for evidence that this is happening and being prosecuted. His erstwhile colleague comes to his supposed rescue with a case that does not seem to relate to Matt's particular example at all. He then wants to talk about the fact that posters can inadvertently spill the beans on NGs and suggests that the authorities may monitor this to the detriment of the uninitiated.

Is this a fishing trip to find all the reasons that this NG should not exist or are we still on the topic of UPL? Or perhaps a tactic to deflect the heat? I myself have no idea, but are glad to find you are equally confused!

I think Matt should state his hypothesis before we can debate it properly. I tried to offer him a suggested one earlier but he didn't seem to want to take it.