K-1 Visas

Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:18 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 Visas

Originally Posted by fatbrit

If you wish to discuss, why not start a new thread rather than hijack other threads with your concerns in a rather bully boy manner.
I'm back.

But he's gone now.

Ah well...

I just hope that dear sweet helpful Rene isn't going to give in to his bullying...
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:21 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I'm back.

But he's gone now.

Ah well...

I just hope that dear sweet helpful Rene isn't going to give in to his bullying...
Bullying? You can call it bullying all you want, but that doesn't make it so. She's a big girl, and can make up her own mind. And by the way, why do you single her out?
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:23 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back.

But he's gone now.

Ah well...

She has plenty of friends on her side, I believe.

Unfortunately, the nasty bully is still rattling on believing himself, it would seem, to be arguing his case in court rather than a Usenet NG.

As he fails to present even the prosecution's charges (which I even offered up for him at one point), it's rather difficult to go anywhere.

Still, at least he knows there's a reception committee waiting should he try this crap again.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:28 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Bullying? You can call it bullying all you want, but that doesn't make it so. She's a big girl, and can make up her own mind. And by the way, why do you single her out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noorah101
Can you tell us what consulate you are using, please? Different consulates have different procedures. Once we know what country/consulate, someone here who has experience with that consulate can chime in.

Thanks,
Rene

Matt's replY: "With legal advice?"

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...75#post2987075

Ring a bell?

Several more in a similar vein.

As an innocent bystander I certainly got the impression that you've got it in for her...
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:31 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Still, at least he knows there's a reception committee waiting should he try this crap again.
Do you think what might be, and what might not be UPL is determined by popular opinion? As for your last line, ahh, the tyranny of the majority. Who's the bully now? For someone who seems to think everything is OK as long as it is said in a news group, you sure seem to have a keen interested in censorship when it comes to this particular topic. But of course, you are free to have any opinion you wish, and I’ll support you in that.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:36 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noorah101
Can you tell us what consulate you are using, please? Different consulates have different procedures. Once we know what country/consulate, someone here who has experience with that consulate can chime in.

Thanks,
Rene

Matt's replY: "With legal advice?"

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...75#post2987075

Ring a bell?

Several more in a similar vein.

As an innocent bystander I certainly got the impression that you've got it in for her...
Than your conclusion is incorrect. But I do see why you singled her out in your posting. Perhaps you think she is a prolific hobbyist?

Man, I can feel the sharks closing in with a smaller circle, and I’m the bait it appears. Nothing new as far as this subject is concerned.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Ah, the old Aunt Fanny practicing medicine without a license analogy. I love that one as a similar analogy “always” comes up during these discussions!

But actually, that brings up an interesting point. I don’t have the citation at my fingertips, but I believe the Code of Federal Regulations spells out who can provide legal services (including legal advice) to others and I believe there is an exception that would seem closer to your Aunt Fanny analogy. Perhaps it might be worth looking into, to see if groups like this fall into any of the permitted exceptions or perhaps in figuring out how to get a group into compliance with one of the exceptions.

I don’t think authoring a book would by UPL, nor would a library be in violation by allowing one to visit and read information while there. That is more in line with a true do-it-yourselfer who does their own research.

Non-essentials? You dismiss each legal question as being non-essential? Surly you are not advocating the dismantling of cites like this due to being unnecessary?

So you are familiar with the caseload, or work capacity of every immigration attorney? I’m impressed.
Pointing a member to an appropriate form or informing them of a recent fee, or some such information, even if I have not had the occasion to do the same, would be what I construe as a non-essential. You are advocating that unless we DIYers have done it ourselves and are then entitled to offer our experience, then we've crossed the ubiquitous UPL line.

Yes, I've no doubt you are very busy, as are many professionals. Imagine, however, what pride you would have in your work if you had to belt them out in half the time with half the resources!
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:43 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think what might be, and what might not be UPL is determined by popular opinion? As for your last line, ahh, the tyranny of the majority. Who's the bully now? For someone who seems to think everything is OK as long as it is said in a news group, you sure seem to have a keen interested in censorship when it comes to this particular topic. But of course, you are free to have any opinion you wish, and I’ll support you in that.
Your screams of pain at the totally merciless beating you are getting seem to be falling on deaf ears all round. Don't think anybody has much sympathy, Matt baby!

We wish to censor a single poster and you wish to censor a whole newsgroup. And, in fact, we do not wish to censor a poster at all but merely to stop that poster censoring others. If you wish to discuss the topic, open a thread and I will happily join you. If in another thread the possibility of UPL surfaces, we can then merely direct interested parties to the comments therein and they can come to their own conclusions.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:44 am
Homebody

Than your conclusion is incorrect. But I do see why you singled her out in your posting. Perhaps you think she is a prolific hobbyist?

Man, I can feel the sharks closing in with a smaller circle, and I’m the bait it appears. Nothing new as far as this subject is concerned.

Verfolgungswahn, or what?
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:47 am
Septicity

Verfolgungswahn, or what?
with a hint of BCSD IMVHO!
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bionomique
Pointing a member to an appropriate form or informing them of a recent fee, or some such information, even if I have not had the occasion to do the same, would be what I construe as a non-essential.
Perhaps. But are you suggesting that we only see replies limited to answering another’s questions as to form numbers and filing fees?

You are advocating that unless we DIYers have done it ourselves and are then entitled to offer our experience, then we've crossed the ubiquitous UPL line.
I guess you don’t understand my thoughts about this then as I disagree with much of your statement above. Please don’t try to put words into my mouth. I appreciate it and thanks in advance.

Yes, I've no doubt you are very busy, as are many professionals. Imagine, however, what pride you would have in your work if you had to belt them out in half the time with half the resources!
What would my “pride” have to do with the possible danger UPL poses to the community, and who says I’d have half the time and half the resources? I think there are around 7000 AILA members now. Why try to turn this into something it isn’t? This is not about “me”. UPL is about possible danger to the community. I certainly wasn’t involved in drafting legislation regulating the practice of law.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:54 am
Homebody

with a hint of BCSD IMVHO!

... and he seems to have way too much time on his hand for a busy lawyers who probably charges $200+ an hour...

Either that or we're getting to him!
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:55 am
Banned

We wish to censor a single poster and you wish to censor a whole newsgroup. And, in fact, we do not wish to censor a poster at all but merely to stop that poster censoring others.
Do you honestly think I have any control whatsoever over people who post here or on other groups? Do you honesty think there is absolutely no reason why the practiced of law should be regulated? If someone finds a glimmer of merit in the discussion and the possible danger UPL might pose to the community (or themselves) that person might choose to exercise self-restraint. That would “not” be censorship by my hand.

If you wish to discuss the topic, open a thread and I will happily join you. If in another thread the possibility of UPL surfaces, we can then merely direct interested parties to the comments therein and they can come to their own conclusions.
I appreciate you giving me your permission. I nominate you for the title, “internet police”. You have my vote ;-).
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:57 am
Banned

... and he seems to have way too much time on his hand for a busy lawyers who probably charges $200+ an hour...

Either that or we're getting to him!
Which is the real agenda here, isn't it? Forget the subject matter and whether or not there is any merit to it. Glad you cleared that up, and that you seem to be enjoying yourself ;-).
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:59 am
Homebody

Which is the real agenda here, isn't it? Forget the subject matter and whether or not there is any merit to it. Glad you cleared that up, and that you seem to be enjoying yourself ;-).

I'm sorry but I don't think you have added anything useful to the discussion for several posts now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.