Wikiposts

IR1 visa 221g refusal

Old Nov 12th 2009, 3:19 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IR1 visa 221g refusal

"Intent" is something that comes in shades of grey.

Most consulates do not accept grey, they want black and white. If this is a consulate that will accept grey, it seems they want a darker shade than is being offered in this case.

While we've been given a general description of the evidence we haven't seen what the case officer is looking at and so cannot guess how it appears to them, either on its' own or in the context of all the case information.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I thought that simply showing that you're job hunting and that you have resumes out there with agencies in the USA shows intent.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 3:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I vaguely remember a comment not to long ago by a professional that because they do have the intent and are going through the proper channels, that looking for employment is not an issue. Say the resume was online. There is nothing then that would stop a person from printing out the resume once inside of the US and attending interviews.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 3:27 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

mm,

I asked the question because, if the consulate is not going to accept what you offer wrt intent, the sooner you establish domicile the sooner the visa can be issued. If you wait until the time that your husband needs to immigrate to establish domicile, the amount of time afterwards that it takes for you husband to get the visa in his hands may make him late for the date that he needs to be here?

It seems to me that the sooner you get the domicile issue resolved it's one less thing to worry about, one more thing out of the way for having the visa in hand when it's needed.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by mtlmama
Several posters said, "why wait/don't wait" and I now wonder why. The document we received said we have up to one year from visa denial to provide the requested proof of domicile. I really think that is our best option, and it's pretty much guaranteed (they can't dispute the only issue in our file - domicile - once I have actually moved back).

For those who said I should go now and not wait, can you explain why?