Wikiposts

IR1 visa 221g refusal

Old Nov 6th 2009, 1:45 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IR1 visa 221g refusal

Everything you listed sounds good. As for the date issue, I read after my post that you were thinking of coming over in May. Then I would list May as your anticipated date of emigrating back to the US. Note the use of the word anticipated. Nothing will happen if you move before or after as long as the IR visa is still valid.

I'm sorry this has happened to you and it appears that the US Consulates are making it harder for USC to prove they are planning on making the US their principal place of residency. All the things you original gave me, at one time, was plenty to prove the attempt to re-establish domicile in the US.

On a side note, have you obtained your Canadian citizenship? I do hope you have since it would make things much easier for you if you ever wanted to move back to Canada. You know the US, but your husband doesn't, and at some point he might be unhappy here and want to return to Canada. While getting landed status in Canada for a spouse isn't too difficult it makes life so much easier if you have a Canadian passport.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

mtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nice

Thanks, Rete. Several people have said that we were just unlucky enough to get that CO.

Re: citizenship - I got mine back in 2002! I also plan to get a CDN passport before we go.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 2:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mtlmama
Thanks, Rete. Several people have said that we were just unlucky enough to get that CO.

Re: citizenship - I got mine back in 2002! I also plan to get a CDN passport before we go.

Apply for it now. It is a bitch to get from the States.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

mtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nicemtlmama is just really nice
Default Re: Nightmare in London

Rete, one question: meauxna had responded to my early post, when I asked about providing proof that says we intend to move in Spring. Here is my quote and her response:

Originally Posted by mtlmama View Post
Thanks, Ian. How do you think they would take it if I got info for Spring? Example:

-Son is waitlisted in daycare for May 2010
-health insurance quote from rep I dealt with specifying I intend to start the insurance in May 2010

Is this frowned upon because if's not "immediate" action? I feel dishonest getting stuff for December when I do not plan to move until my husband moves. We have lots of things to do yet - liquidate assets, decide what to do with our vehicle, give proper notice at work...
Originally Posted by meauxna
If you do this, you are essentially stating to the CO that YOU do not intend to move to the US before May. The CO can not give a visa to your husband that is effective before that; the CO needs to know that you (USC) will be in the US before or at the same time as your immigrant. If you are not going until May, your husband can't either.
More confusion on my part. I tend to wonder if meauxna's take is true in this instance, as the CO said something about if I had a letter of job offer for a position starting in October (??) that would be all the proof he needed. Like meauxna said, if I tell them I'M (sponsor) moving in May then they can't issue the visa (which is effective upon receipt). Gosh, this stuff is confusing.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

More confusion on my part. I tend to wonder if meauxna's take is true in this instance, as the CO said something about if I had a letter of job offer for a position starting in October (??) that would be all the proof he needed. Like meauxna said, if I tell them I'M (sponsor) moving in May then they can't issue the visa (which is effective upon receipt). Gosh, this stuff is confusing.
If the ConOff will accept a job offer letter for you to start in October (which is past now, anyway), why not do that? You can get the job offer to start in December, perhaps. Then your husband will get the visa, and if he's not ready to move in December, then at least you can. Then he can follow as soon as he's ready.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Rete, one question: meauxna had responded to my early post, when I asked about providing proof that says we intend to move in Spring. Here is my quote and her response:

If your job is starting in October (past?) and you are not moving until May, how is that evidence that you are moving? If it's accepted as sufficient by the CO, fine but if the information is false... ? Do you see the conflict?
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

I definitely see the conflict. The CO just said October when he suggested a job offer letter as one type of proof I could provide. I thought it was odd, because we were being interviewed on Nov. 4.

Meauxna, from what you had mentioned before it sounds problematic to give them anything other than proof you intend to move imminently. As you said, if you provide proof of your move in May, they can't issue the visa because it is valid upon receipt. (Spouse can't move ahead of sponsor.) A technicality, because he would not move ahead of me anyhow.

Let's say I gather information that is mostly not date-specific, and the few dates I have to provide are for January (moving quote, rental lease, health insurance for January). Visa is approved/received and I decide to remain with my spouse until we have time to finalize our stuff here. Am I in trouble? Can't it just be that I decided to postpone my departure? As long as we do POE together??
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely see the conflict. The CO just said October when he suggested a job offer letter as one type of proof I could provide. I thought it was odd, because we were being interviewed on Nov. 4.

Meauxna, from what you had mentioned before it sounds problematic to give them anything other than proof you intend to move imminently. As you said, if you provide proof of your move in May, they can't issue the visa because it is valid upon receipt. (Spouse can't move ahead of sponsor.) A technicality, because he would not move ahead of me anyhow.

Let's say I gather information that is mostly not date-specific, and the few dates I have to provide are for January (moving quote, rental lease, health insurance for January). Visa is approved/received and I decide to remain with my spouse until we have time to finalize our stuff here. Am I in trouble? Can't it just be that I decided to postpone my departure? As long as we do POE together??
No, I think you misunderstood where I was going with my comment...

I recommend that you don't give evidence or the impression that you are already living and working there if you are not.
The visa can be issued in advance of your actual move date; that is why it is valid for 6 months, to give people time to complete their business abroad.

You absolutely can postpone your departure and I don't think you are in trouble.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If the ConOff will accept a job offer letter for you to start in October (which is past now, anyway), why not do that? You can get the job offer to start in December, perhaps. Then your husband will get the visa, and if he's not ready to move in December, then at least you can. Then he can follow as soon as he's ready.

Rene
Noorah, I so WISH that was an option (and know we may be forced to eventually), but the problem with me moving ahead is I leave him behind with all the tough stuff: selling a lot of our belongings, car lease/bank stuff, breaking our apt lease, the physical move (truck, etc.). He would be completely alone as his family is in Colombia/US and mine is in the US.

We have zero assistance here, which is one of the reasons we're anxious to move home!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to point out the obvious but there are a lot of people here alone and doing just that and more.

Tracey
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Am not being flip or anything but, why is this not an option?

It may not be easy or the preferred option - but it's an option none the less ...

Yes, unfortunately, sometimes - OFT times, dealing with the USCIS and all that this entails, is going to be tough.

But it's not the toughest thing in the world (tho at times it may seem so) and it's totally doable. And if you all want the visa, then there's really no other option than to go thru the tough stuff and fire to get to the other side.

Noorah, I so WISH that was an option (and know we may be forced to eventually), but the problem with me moving ahead is I leave him behind with all the tough stuff:
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Tracey and Janadeen, do you mean to say that what I'm proposing to provide doesn't sound sufficient? This plays on my fears of submitting the requested information and actually being rejected (i.e. need to re-apply all over again) instead of given another chance to submit more proof.

?
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all, I'm simply pointing out that a lot of people here are going through a lot of house moves, work, financial troubles, children issues, etc etc etc and lots of them are having to do it whilst being apart, not through choice but necessity.

Tracey.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Noorah, I so WISH that was an option (and know we may be forced to eventually), but the problem with me moving ahead is I leave him behind with all the tough stuff: selling a lot of our belongings, car lease/bank stuff, breaking our apt lease, the physical move (truck, etc.). He would be completely alone as his family is in Colombia/US and mine is in the US.

We have zero assistance here, which is one of the reasons we're anxious to move home!
In that case, provide all you can to show your intent to domicile (whatever it is the ConOff needs to see)...get the visa...and then you can both take up to 6 months to tie up loose ends and make the big move together.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2009, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In that case, provide all you can to show your intent to domicile (whatever it is the ConOff needs to see)...and hope it's enough to get the visa...and then you can both take up to 6 months to tie up loose ends and make the big move together.

Rene
There, I fixed it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.