How long can i wait?

Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

DK_4523 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long can i wait?

I had the medical examination on wednesday this weekin London.
How long can i wait till i have to go for the interview in london?

I am still waiting for the Affidavit and the police report to arrive in the post
so it will be at lest a week before i send the DS-230 form in.

Can i wait a few weeks before i send it in or dose it have to be sent
within a certain time frame?
Old Nov 8th 2009, 6:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long can i wait?

Originally Posted by DK_4523
I had the medical examination on wednesday this weekin London.
How long can i wait till i have to go for the interview in london?

I am still waiting for the Affidavit and the police report to arrive in the post

You should be fine waiting a few weeks to send in the notice of readiness.

Rene
Old Nov 8th 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Your I-130 approval is valid for one year.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Your I-130 approval is valid for one year.
Hi:

This quite true but incomplete. The I-130 is valid forever until it is revoked. Lack of prosecution with Department of State can result in such a revocation.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

sharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to all

You can go ahead and send in the DS-230 as soon as you receive your petition approval.

When you mail your checklist is up to you. Some people are willing to send theirs in before they have everything in hand.

I mailed our DS-230 Sept 7, had my medical Oct 5th, mailed the checklist Oct 12th and just got out interview date through in the mail Nov 6th. So it does still take a while. It's whatever YOU feel comfortable doing!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

NicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really nice

Originally Posted by sharo
You can go ahead and send in the DS-230 as soon as you receive your petition approval.

When you mail your checklist is up to you. Some people are willing to send theirs in before they have everything in hand.

I mailed our DS-230 Sept 7, had my medical Oct 5th, mailed the checklist Oct 12th and just got out interview date through in the mail Nov 6th. So it does still take a while. It's whatever YOU feel comfortable doing!
Hi, I have just submitted my checklist (and DS-230/156/156k/157) today and I have my medical scheduled for November 27th. Do you think its likely that my interview will be scheduled prior to the medical (looking at your timeframe it seems quite likely but you didn't say what interview date you had so i'm still guessing lol).

Thanks
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

DiCo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NicciT
Hi, I have just submitted my checklist (and DS-230/156/156k/157) today and I have my medical scheduled for November 27th. Do you think its likely that my interview will be scheduled prior to the medical (looking at your timeframe it seems quite likely but you didn't say what interview date you had so i'm still guessing lol).

Thanks

I submitted my checklist and (DS-230/156/156k/157) the first week in August 2009 and received my interview date on Sept 4th 2009. Made my medical appointment in London the week prior to to the interview. If it is still taking 4 weeks from submission to interview then you should be fine.