I-94?

Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-94?

Everyone keeps saying their I-94 has an A # stamped on the back (for SS ans such). Greg's does not.. he has the A number in his K-1 Visa, but the I-94 just has the date stamped on the front and the the black Departure number which is NOT the A number... am I going crazy? Is everyone else crazy? Why do I keep reading that the A number is stamped on the back?

Just wondering. Thanks....
Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-94?

Originally posted by beyness
Everyone keeps saying their I-94 has an A # stamped on the back (for SS ans such). Greg's does not.. he has the A number in his K-1 Visa, but the I-94 just has the date stamped on the front and the the black Departure number which is NOT the A number... am I going crazy? Is everyone else crazy? Why do I keep reading that the A number is stamped on the back?

Because many people do have it. My husband's had it written under the I-94. If it isn't don't sweat it.

Rete
Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

My I-94 didn't have one either, I can't imagine for one minute that there are different types. I guess people must be mistaking the departure number for an A #

Rob
Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Rete. Just a question though... when we went in to SS office, they put in the number from his I-94 (the departure number) and not his A number... could this be why he "wasn't entered in" the system. Should we go back and make them input his A number instead?
Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by robclews
My I-94 didn't have one either, I can't imagine for one minute that there are different types. I guess people must be mistaking the departure number for an A #

Rob
Good to know we're not the only ones!
Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rete. Just a question though... when we went in to SS office, they put in the number from his I-94 (the departure number) and not his A number... could this be why he "wasn't entered in" the system. Should we go back and make them input his A number instead?
It is, of course, possible. Did you point out to them that the number they were using was not an alien registration number but a departure number.

Wouldn't hurt to try if you have the time to go to the SSA office.

Rete
Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

The SS office photocopied my visa nd I-94 card, did they not do the same for you ?

Rob
Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:56 pm
Son 5 & Daughter 2 1/2

Pete F is an unknown quantity at this point

Pittsburgh didnt write the A number on my I94 and I actually asked the officer to do so just in case.. He replied that it wasnt necessary as the Visa had the A number on it and that normally he would write it on the I94 for a K3.. Hmmm

The SSA just photocopied both I94 and Visa..

Not a problem..
Pete
Old Feb 21st 2003, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

I just double checked mine and yes the number on the back of my 1-94 matches my A# on my Visa????
Same goes for my Daughters,The number on hers is the same as her visa A#....
Now I'm confused...LOL....

Sal