British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   I-94? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/i-94-a-133937/)

beyness Feb 21st 2003 8:09 pm

I-94?

Everyone keeps saying their I-94 has an A # stamped on the back (for SS ans such). Greg's does not.. he has the A number in his K-1 Visa, but the I-94 just has the date stamped on the front and the the black Departure number which is NOT the A number... am I going crazy? Is everyone else crazy? Why do I keep reading that the A number is stamped on the back?

Just wondering. Thanks....

Rete Feb 21st 2003 8:15 pm

Re: I-94?

Originally posted by beyness
Everyone keeps saying their I-94 has an A # stamped on the back (for SS ans such). Greg's does not.. he has the A number in his K-1 Visa, but the I-94 just has the date stamped on the front and the the black Departure number which is NOT the A number... am I going crazy? Is everyone else crazy? Why do I keep reading that the A number is stamped on the back?

Because many people do have it. My husband's had it written under the I-94. If it isn't don't sweat it.

Rete

robclews Feb 21st 2003 8:18 pm

My I-94 didn't have one either, I can't imagine for one minute that there are different types. I guess people must be mistaking the departure number for an A #

Rob

beyness Feb 21st 2003 8:18 pm

Thanks Rete. Just a question though... when we went in to SS office, they put in the number from his I-94 (the departure number) and not his A number... could this be why he "wasn't entered in" the system. Should we go back and make them input his A number instead?

beyness Feb 21st 2003 8:20 pm

Originally posted by robclews
My I-94 didn't have one either, I can't imagine for one minute that there are different types. I guess people must be mistaking the departure number for an A #

Rob
Good to know we're not the only ones!

Rete Feb 21st 2003 8:28 pm

Thanks Rete. Just a question though... when we went in to SS office, they put in the number from his I-94 (the departure number) and not his A number... could this be why he "wasn't entered in" the system. Should we go back and make them input his A number instead?
It is, of course, possible. Did you point out to them that the number they were using was not an alien registration number but a departure number.

Wouldn't hurt to try if you have the time to go to the SSA office.

Rete

robclews Feb 21st 2003 8:40 pm

The SS office photocopied my visa nd I-94 card, did they not do the same for you ?

Rob

Pete F Feb 21st 2003 8:56 pm

Pittsburgh didnt write the A number on my I94 and I actually asked the officer to do so just in case.. He replied that it wasnt necessary as the Visa had the A number on it and that normally he would write it on the I94 for a K3.. Hmmm

The SSA just photocopied both I94 and Visa..

Not a problem..
Pete

sal_whit Feb 21st 2003 9:36 pm

I just double checked mine and yes the number on the back of my 1-94 matches my A# on my Visa????
Same goes for my Daughters,The number on hers is the same as her visa A#....
Now I'm confused...LOL.... :):)

Sal