Wikiposts

I-751 NSC Timeline

Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:08 am
Just Joined

SeanHHHH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 NSC Timeline

Originally Posted by kkg
sean,
i think u better contact them,coz thats an unusually long time to get the biometrics appontment. usually it takes couple of weeks. in ur case its ~ 7 months.
I have contacted them several times - Both by InfoPass and by Phone and they say that they haven't sent one yet.

I am not worried - NSC sometimes makes this stuff up as they go along.

The only thing you can be certain of is uncertainty.

~Sean
Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:12 am
Just Joined

SeanHHHH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kkg
can somebody educate me regrading the significance of processing times?
i thought that (say for ex. the processing time is aug 19th, 2006), they should have reached a decision on all (majority) the applications with receipt date on or before aug 18th, 2006. is this the case normally?. thanks in advance.
There is no significance - just a guide.

Treat them like the time frames for a service call given by a Cable Guy.

They may or may not be there at that time - or any time - no-one can really tell.

I often have thought that they should have the theme from " The Twilight Zone" playing when they update their processing times on the USCIS Site.

~Sean
Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:13 am
kkg
Just Joined

kkg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SeanHHHH
There is no significance - just a guide.

Treat them like the time frames for a service call given by a Cable Guy.

They may or may not be there at that time - or any time - no-one can really tell.

I often have thought that they should have the theme from " The Twilight Zone" playing when they update their processing times on the USCIS Site.

~Sean
thanks. or the one from X-files.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

SundarV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kkg
hi ran
sure, i'll keep u updated. nothing yet so far as of today. this is just unbelievable whats going on with NSC. its like getting penalized for living in the wrong place at the wrong time.
NSC is a fascinating place! I thought I will escape NSC when I moved from OH to CO. However, when I got ready to file I-751 for my wife, I was shocked to see NSC was still the service center that had the jurisdiction over CO.

I used to get very frustrated during my naturalization application process, as I went through Cleveland office. It took me 18 months to become a US citizen. I wanted the citizenship quickly because I needed it to bring my wife to the USA. i used to visit this forum at least 2-3 times a day hoping to find some new information. Looking back I was just driving myself crazy. At this point i just let the system take its course.

Inspite of our misgivings, I find that service centers process the request in the order the applications are received. I have rarely seen a situation where a person applying later in a given service center gets processed before a person who had applied earlier. Of course each service centers work at their pace for a given type of application forms. Even though CSC is faster for I-751, it may be slower for the other types of application. However, I am still trying to find which type of application goes faster through NSC!!

I will get off my soap-box! Sorry for the above lecture.

KKG: As your recpt date is earlier than the date in the processing time report, I will at least give them a call and see what is happening.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

no-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really nice

FYI:
NSC just updated I-751
received by them August 9th 2006, It is now March 22, 2007

New card was ordered to be manufactured and mailed to us as of March 21st.
The notification update didn't occur to the website until today, March 22nd.
According to their website they processed receipts
from August 7th to August 19th as of about 7-10 days ago.

So, assuming they are actually finishing up receipts of August 9th or 10th,
anyone with Receipts of August 11-19th, might get their file
updated in 2-4 weeks from now.

Hope this was clear enough to understand.

Last edited by no-spam; Mar 22nd 2007 at 3:51 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

So what you're actually saying is they accepted your I-751 on 8/9/06 and it was approved on 3/21/07?
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

no-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really nice

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
So what you're actually saying is they accepted your I-751 on 8/9/06 and it was approved on 3/21/07?
More than that. But I don't need to explain that to you.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by no-spam
More than that. But I don't need to explain that to you.
Right, but that was just speculation. The only fact was that an application entered on 8/9/06 was processed on 3/21/07. I've been trying to find out some exact processing dates because the USCIS website is generally a lying sack of shite.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Right, but that was just speculation. The only fact was that an application entered on 8/9/06 was processed on 3/21/07. I've been trying to find out some exact processing dates because the USCIS website is generally a lying sack of shite.

I don't think the website itself lies, it's just a database. Perhaps the people updating the website case files are way behind. Or it's just an out and out stretching of the truth. Regardless, it's better than it was a year ago.

What I really don't like is their email sign up system. My Paraphrase: "if you sign up for email notifications, we'll do anything we want with your information without restrictions, we can sell it to the devil if we care to, we'll take it home with us and have people steal our laptops too. And the information we provide you is not guaranteed in the slightest to be accurate or updated promptly or at all."
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:18 pm
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough

It is hard to show exact day of immigration cases review, because of huge amount of applications, different conditions of applicants, and different speed of officers in taking a decision. You may look for other sources, but still they will be far away for giving you correct information regarding your cases. The point is don't talk about BAD check status on immigration services web site. it is useless and too boring.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 2:50 am
Just Joined

dabull is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: I-751 NSC Timeline

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and I find it very informative. I live in Illinois and here is my timeline.

mailed I-751 on 3/22/07
Received by USCIS on 3/26/07
Check cashed on 3/27/07
Received NOA on 4/4/07
Received biometric appointment letter on 4/6/07 with biometics scheduled for 4/17/07. (btw I received two exact same biometric letters, is it normal or pehaps just an error?)
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just to update. I got the email today saying my card was ordered yesterday. That puts the time line as application received by them 8/23/06. Card ordered 4/9/07. I guess thats roughly 7.5 months.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:26 pm
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough

Thank you, for update. It seems to me that official INS (old name) site doesn't lie about center's dates for this type of applications.

Congratulations.

Just to update. I got the email today saying my card was ordered yesterday. That puts the time line as application received by them 8/23/06. Card ordered 4/9/07. I guess thats roughly 7.5 months.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:35 am
Just Joined

dabull is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
I was just wondering if anyone received an email notification from USCIS website after taking the biometrics. I remember when I filed for my adjustment of status 2 years ago, there was an email notification telling me that my finger prints biometrics have been received by uscis. I just recently filed by i-751 and have taken my biometrics but didn''t receive an email notification.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:37 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dabull
Hi guys,
I was just wondering if anyone received an email notification from USCIS website after taking the biometrics. I remember when I filed for my adjustment of status 2 years ago, there was an email notification telling me that my figer prints biometrics has been received by uscis. I just recently filed by i-751 and have taken my biometrics but didn''t receive an email notification.
Hi,
Husband filed I-751 in mid-October with NSC. Had his biometrics appt. on Nov. 1st and did not get any email confirming receipt of prints. He did get the extension letter soon after filing though. We're still waiting, but it seems that about 7.5 months is the norm now.

~SG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.