Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Wikiposts

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Old May 4th 2011, 6:38 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of
Default Re: I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Ah right...I was thinking initially that you were on initial reveiew for 6 months, but you were there for 5 months but your file between USCIS and NVC was nowhere in February?
The February gap.

On January 21st, my USC Wife received an email and a txt to her cell phone saying to check the website for an update. We saw the magic word 'approved', about 6 or 7 days later, we received the NOA2's in the post.

The wording on the NOA2 receipts mentioned that the application was going to be / had been posted to the NVC. We didn't hear anything until the NVC emailed my Wife about receiving our case. So, either the USCIS sat on our application for a month before mailing it to the NVC, or the NVC were slow in informing us they had received our case.

There is a conflict of interests on this forum about telephoning the NVC a lot for information. I believe in our case, we should have. Hindsight is a wonderful thing ...

[written during Hockeysarahs posting (which makes more sense) at the same time]

Last edited by Brucky; May 4th 2011 at 6:44 am.
Old May 4th 2011, 6:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It is common for cases to take 3-4 weeks between USCIS approval and NVC receipt. They send them in batches and it's consistently taken the better part of a month.
The same is true for K petitions.
Old May 4th 2011, 7:39 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I see no conflict of interest - no one on this forum has any interest either in any posters' immigration case or in the NVC. We are neutral 3rd parties.

There may be differences of opinion on how useful it is to telephone the NVC a lot, but that's something else.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Brucky
There is a conflict of interests on this forum about telephoning the NVC a lot for information. I believe in our case, we should have. Hindsight is a wonderful thing ...
Old May 5th 2011, 8:46 am
Just Joined

DreamerLis is on a distinguished road

Case complete today!!!!

Such good news.....our 2nd AOS form only delayed us by about 2 weeks.
They still want a changed form but it just needs to be hand-carried to the embassy when go for interview.

Over the phone they told me that interviews are scheduled the 2nd week of the month. So call again next week to find out if I have an interview date.

Is this the same information everyone else has had at this stage?
Old May 5th 2011, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! good news, nearly there now!!!
Old May 9th 2011, 2:04 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Received a letter from the Embassy today.

Enclosed was a blank DS-230 form, which I had already mailed to the NVC and was accepted.

Bloody nice to know that I exist according to the embassy though.

I'll fill it in again and take it with me, as my interview is this Thursday!!

I'm getting the train down on Wednesday afternoon, I'll have plenty of time to check out the embassy and have a pint and a meal somewhere.

The appointment is at half nine so I intend to get there a little after half eight.

Last edited by Brucky; May 9th 2011 at 2:11 am.
Old May 9th 2011, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Enclosed was a blank DS-230 form, which I had already mailed to the NVC and was accepted.

I'm getting the train down on Wednesday afternoon, I'll have plenty of time to check out the embassy and have a pint and a meal somewhere.

The appointment is at half nine so I intend to get there a little after half eight.

GOOD LUCK!!
Old May 9th 2011, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Unless there is something sinister about your application that you havent told us, YOU wont need any luck and sure you will wizz thru it mate!

But all the best, the hardest part of your adventure is now coming to an end and will get some time off now before more work has to be done, but at least you will be with the one you love!
Old May 9th 2011, 5:41 am
CR1 VISA

Thanks man

Yea, my application has probably been the most boring one for the USCIS / NVC to deal with lol.

I'll post about the embassy but not until Friday as I'm not getting back home until late.
Old May 10th 2011, 10:12 am
Just Joined

xaq_2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello every one !

i am very new here actually i have been reading the information on this website for a while now its very helpfull.i have also applied for a CR1 visa but mine is bit different to you guys as i am not a british citizen but am in london
my case has been recently completed although havent heard anything offically from NVC but that login thing has failed last week and dont know the interview date yet

ok Burky your info was very helpfull i am assuming that my interview will be in mid of june some time. Burky i wish you best of luck for your interview on thursday. Burky when you come back can you please let me know what you and other people are wearing for this interview.i am bit confussed about it dont want to be the only one wearing a suit or jeans on my interview. thanks kind regards XAQ
Old May 10th 2011, 10:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Wear slacks.
Old May 10th 2011, 10:23 am
Just Joined

obviously wont be going without them
Old May 10th 2011, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by xaq_2007
obviously wont be going without them
Hopefully!

Business Casual is a good rule of thumb for Embassy visits. And there are aprox. one million five threads debating it.
Old May 10th 2011, 10:28 am
Just Joined

is it ? told you i am new here
Old May 10th 2011, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

I rang up the NVC today and they said they are scheduling interviews at the moment and if i ring back on the 18th May i will be able to find out my date.
Very pleased that this process is nearing an end!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.