Wikiposts

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Originally Posted by Brucky
You can email them the 'choice of agent form'

I'll edit in the draft in a second when I find it ...
Nice thank you. Did they send a letter to you requesting it?
The NVC told me to call next week and they would have put my case in the system, i guess i may be able to get some numbers then..not sure if this helps though.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

I emailed it in.

I'll edit in the draft we used in a second when I find it ...

Here's the link we used for the draft of the email:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/inde...l_DS-3032_form

Also, bookmark this and read through it to help you learn the next steps with the NVC:

How to go through the NVC quickly
This is really useful, thank you!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:03 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
Nice thank you. Did they send a letter to you requesting it?
The NVC told me to call next week and they would have put my case in the system, i guess i may be able to get some numbers then..not sure if this helps though.
My Wife received an email from the NVC, it contained two pdf's.

I'll edit in what they said when I dig them out of my laptop.
Back in a couple of minutes ... lol
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

My Wife received an email from the NVC, it contained two pdf's.

I'll edit in what they said when I dig them out of my laptop.
Back in a couple of minutes ... lol
You are a star!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:12 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

[edit] - My USC Wife has not received anything from the NVC in the post, everything so far has been a pdf via email

The first pdf she received as an email said that the immigrant visa petition filed on behalf of me as become eligible for further processing at the NVC, our records show his address as ...

If this is not correct contact ...

The second pdf was addressed to me, the wording was similar to what my Wife had received, but it also contained the important 'LND' number. You can use this number to book your Medical now.

It also contained an 'invoice' number, and my beneficiary ID number too.

The pdf also went on to say:

The first stage of visa processing is to establish communication with the NVC by registering an agent and your agent's contact information with the NVC. If you decide to register another person as your agent, the NVC strongly recommends choosing a person
with e-mail capability and a postal mailing address in the U.S.A. because postal mail delivery can be
unreliable in some parts of the world. If you act as your own agent the NVC recommends e-mail as the
quickest and most efficient form of communication.

To establish communication and register your agent you must visit the NVC website at
www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and follow the instructions displayed. You may contact the NVC
directly for answers to questions or for assistance by any of the methods described on the enclosed NVC
visa information sheet. When contacting the NVC or any U.S. Embassy/Consulate about your case
always include:
• The principal applicant's full name and date of birth
• The petitioner's full name and date of birth
• Your NVC case number

Attached to the pdf below was the DS3032 "choice of agent" form.

You can snail mail this to them, or you can print it out, fill it in and sign it. Then scan it back into your computer and email it in.

BUT, this is far too slow.

So, using the link you can use the example I posted above in a previous reply.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/inde...l_DS-3032_form
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Awesome! Thank you so much!
So my husband just needs to wait for an email. Good stuff. I can go back to relaxing now then!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:24 am
CR1 VISA

Yea!!

A bit more detail on our timeline:

On Jan 21st, my Wife received a cell phone txt and an email to say check the USCIS website. Logging on we found that the I-130 and I-129F were approved. We then received the NAO2's in writing about 5 or 6 days later.

Then we didn't hear anything from anybody until the NVC emailed my Wife the two pdf's on March 5th. About 2am ffs! lol.

So either the USCIS sat on them for a month before posting them to the NVC, or the NVC were busy and couldn't send us the pdf's until March.

I see no harm in ringing up the NVC asking if you've been given your LND number yet.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Yea!!

A bit more detail on our timeline:

On Jan 21st, my Wife received a cell phone txt and an email to say check the USCIS website. Logging on we found that the I-130 and I-129F were approved. We then received the NAO2's in writing about 5 or 6 days later.

Then we didn't hear anything from anybody until the NVC emailed my Wife the two pdf's on March 5th. About 2am ffs! lol.

So either the USCIS sat on them for a month before posting them to the NVC, or the NVC were busy and couldn't send us the pdf's until March.

I see no harm in ringing up the NVC asking if you've been given your LND number yet.
I rang the NVC to see if it had got there and they said it was in the building, just not been put on the computer and to call back in 2 weeks so that means it will have been there for 4 weeks by then.
If i get my LND number at least i can get the medical out of the way.

Brucky, im following your timeline with interest! you are very helpful in this process! If you ever find yourself in Chicago i will shout you some deep dish pizza
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:37 am
CR1 VISA

I rang the NVC to see if it had got there and they said it was in the building, just not been put on the computer and to call back in 2 weeks so that means it will have been there for 4 weeks by then.
If i get my LND number at least i can get the medical out of the way.

Brucky, im following your timeline with interest! you are very helpful in this process! If you ever find yourself in Chicago i will shout you some deep dish pizza
Thanks! I will remember that

I now have three reasons to visit Chicago. The original idea's were to visit the Fountain as shown in the credits of Married With Children, and to visit the Threadless tshirt shop. I do love pizza! lol.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Thanks! I will remember that

I now have three reasons to visit Chicago. The original idea's were to visit the Fountain as shown in the credits of Married With Children, and to visit the Threadless tshirt shop. I do love pizza! lol.
ohh i just looked up Threadless and it looks pretty good! Good call!
I cant actually eat more than one slice of Chicago deep dish pizza, its like a huge flan to me!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:55 am
CR1 VISA

I shocked my Wife eating a 13inch pizza very quickly when she was with me in England. I'm a thin postman so I easily burn off the calories at work.

I'll definitely put on weight when the time comes to hand in my notice and start eating American sized portions. I'm rather looking forward to that!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

I shocked my Wife eating a 13inch pizza very quickly when she was with me in England. I'm a thin postman so I easily burn off the calories at work.

I'll definitely put on weight when the time comes to hand in my notice and start eating American sized portions. I'm rather looking forward to that!
I put on weight when i spent 6 months out there, ive lost all of it now and im not putting it on again! I will just eat half portions and cook my own food i think!
What are you thinking of doing for work, or are you planning on being a kept man! USPS maybe?
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:16 am
CR1 VISA

I put on weight when i spent 6 months out there, ive lost all of it now and im not putting it on again! I will just eat half portions and cook my own food i think!
What are you thinking of doing for work, or are you planning on being a kept man! USPS maybe?
The most important thing I'll be doing is learning to drive. I'll get my learners permit asap so my Wife can be the passenger for once (her words lol).

I did a little research into becoming a US postie, but they need a two year clean driving licence first. Arse!

I'm very happy to stack shelves or wash dishes as the very first job I do. the little town I'm moving to has a lot of cafe's and tiny shops, so I'm hoping to get anything with them at the beginning. I have decent qualifications in Business and computers, so whilst doing crappy jobs, I'll be looking for something a lot better.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

The most important thing I'll be doing is learning to drive. I'll get my learners permit asap so my Wife can be the passenger for once (her words lol).

I did a little research into becoming a US postie, but they need a two year clean driving licence first. Arse!

I'm very happy to stack shelves or wash dishes as the very first job I do. the little town I'm moving to has a lot of cafe's and tiny shops, so I'm hoping to get anything with them at the beginning. I have decent qualifications in Business and computers, so whilst doing crappy jobs, I'll be looking for something a lot better.
Sounds like you have a plan!
I want to get my driving test done asap, i'll be happy to not have to drive around in my husbands work truck all the time!

I think ill try and get anything to start off with and start applying for my preferred jobs as i go. I worked in audio broadcast and post production in London so hoping to do the same thing in Chicago. Fingers crossed!

Im planning on visiting the Threadless shop on my trip now! I love the designs! Ive already picked a few out that i want to get! Now look what youve done, making me spend money!

Right back to waiting for my life to start lol
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Well all this talk of the NVC must have worked as i just got an email with my IID number and my LND number!
So im just emailing them the Choice of Agent email now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.