hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I think that's right, yes.

Ian
Great, thanks again Ian.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 2:20 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

I rang up the NVC a moment ago and their automated system told me my case is COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just the interview date now to wait for.

[edit] - Timeline

I-130 Approved 21st January

NVC:
NVC Received 28th February
Case Complete 30th March

Last edited by Brucky; Apr 1st 2011 at 2:37 am.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:11 am
Just Joined

DreamerLis is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brucky
I rang up the NVC a moment ago and their automated system told me my case is COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit] - Timeline

NVC:
Case Complete 30th March
Congratulations!!! I hope mine is not far behind you =)
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:28 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

I hope so too Liz
Old Apr 1st 2011, 4:32 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Might depend on why he was way under in 2009 and 2008. The past tax return(s) can often be a useful guide to the sustainability of current income.

Someone who had low past income because they were a college student is in much better shape than someone who had low past income because they couldn't hold on to a job, for example.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
Also my husband is earning above the poverty line for tax year 2010, but for 2009 and 2008 he way under, does that matter? Im assuming they will just be looking at what he currently earns.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

[edit] - Timeline

NVC:
Case Complete 30th March
Yay!!!! So pleased for you!!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:15 am
CR1 VISA

INTERVIEW DATE!!

May 12th 09:30.

Posters on another forum, who have similar NVC completed dates, phoned up the NVC about half an hour ago and were given their interview dates.

Rude not to do the same!!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:57 am
Just Joined

INTERVIEW DATE!!

May 12th 09:30.

Posters on another forum, who have similar NVC completed dates, phoned up the NVC about half an hour ago and were given their interview dates.

Rude not to do the same!!
Very pleased for you!!! =)

I am still awaiting a case complete from the NVC =(
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Called the NVC today.
Seem to think they only have one of our two forms =(
So frustrating, did you have this problem Brucky??
We sent it like 2 1/2 weeks ago....
I called them and they said it can take 4 weeks to process these forms and put them in the system, but doesnt make much sense as to why one would be in their system and not the other.
So confused.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:49 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

What were the two forms? DS-230 and I-864?

Handled by separate groups within the NVC, I believe.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by DreamerLis
Called the NVC today.
Seem to think they only have one of our two forms =(
We sent it like 2 1/2 weeks ago....
I called them and they said it can take 4 weeks to process these forms and put them in the system, but doesnt make much sense as to why one would be in their system and not the other.
So confused.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:53 am
CR1 VISA

We did.

We were RFE'd at one point.

I had mailed in my DS-230 Police/Marriage/Birth Certificates, and the RFE my Wife (we picked her as the agent) received by email claimed the DS-230 hadn't been received!

Turns out they probably processed the certificates first, and their 'computer' spat out the RFE about the DS-230 as it hadn't been scanned/looked at by someone.

We never did receive the RFE in the mail though.

But, we had our case complete only a couple of days after the 'RFE' email anyway.

I'm really sure it is nothing Liz. I know both of you will have checked, and double checked every form lots of times before mailing them to the NVC.

We had a huge panic before the realisation that the NVC were looking at our package one form at a time.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much Brucky, this is so helpful!
I was in a panic my husband was going to have to do the form again, he works 2 jobs and had a hard time getting the time to do it the first time.
Yes, hopefully next week we will have the all-clear =)
I have my medical on thursday as well, hopefully a big week for progress for us then.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Sure enough I just received an email from them, sounds like an RFE as well?
But also advises that any mail takes 20 business days to be processed. (ie will not have yet got to the form we sent 2 1/2 weeks ago)
Sounds like I continue to sit tight and hope that means I will get a case complete in a few days like you did.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 10:20 am
CR1 VISA

The 'rfe' she received as an email was called '(CHECKLIST COVER LETTER)' and the first paragraph started out:

"We have reviewed the documents which you submitted in support of an application for an immigrant visa. Please review the information listed under each applicant's name and provide any documents which are indicated as missing or need additional information."
Old Apr 16th 2011, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Thats what I just got.
Im about to cry, I'm pretty sure they are going to throw out our AOS anyway. There is a small clause about using assets to make up income I didnt notice until I just looked at it again.
I think we are going to need a sponsor which means another month delay in processing I guess.
=(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.