Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filed in London (DCF)

I-130 Filed in London (DCF)

Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:29 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filed in London (DCF)

Originally Posted by meauxna

Actually, doesn't the medical have to be completed now before they will set an interview date... I will have to update that after confirming.
Yes it does and they have to have the result back at the Embassy.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

CandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really nice

60 days +/- a couple. Like clockwork based on what other users post.
Does this mean it will be 60 (ish) days til our interview or 60 until they contact us with an appoint date?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CandK
Does this mean it will be 60 (ish) days til our interview or 60 until they contact us with an appoint date?
The interview date is quite consistently set at +/-60 days from the day DS-2001 was received. In between that is a letter notifying you of that date.

I suggest you not take my word for it; there are several DCF timeline threads running where you can read others' experiences.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Yes it does and they have to have the result back at the Embassy.
Thanks; I'll make that update.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

CandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really nice

The interview date is quite consistently set at +/-60 days from the day DS-2001 was received. In between that is a letter notifying you of that date.

I suggest you not take my word for it; there are several DCF timeline threads running where you can read others' experiences.
Thank you very much for all your help up to this stage!

Would it be possible for you to direct us to a list of fees that we will encounter throughout the process?

We have found the following list: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...004718190aRCRD but want to be 100% sure of where we are up to.

Up to now, we have paid the I-130 fee and will soon be due to pay £200 for the medical...is there going to be anything else that will be required to pay for before the Visa is issued? (Following its approval of course)

Thanks as always,

CandK
Old Jan 17th 2011, 1:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Up to now, we have paid the I-130 fee and will soon be due to pay £200 for the medical...is there going to be anything else that will be required to pay for before the Visa is issued?
Well... you're going to have to actually pay for the visa, an ACPO certificate, and a courier fee.

Ian
Old Jan 17th 2011, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Well... you're going to have to actually pay for the visa, an ACPO certificate, and a courier fee.

Ian
Is the visa fee the $404 fee we just found here http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...s/iv_fees.html

Is there no fee when we return the DS-230-I DS-2001?

Thanks!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 4:30 pm

The petition fee
The visa fee

The cost of the medical comes under 'incidentals' (even tho it is major) along with whatever else you put in there... copies, storing your goods, travel/hotel etc.

That's all I"ve got on the top of my head.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

We gave my wife's Blackberry (on Orange Network) email address within the I-130 application.

Our contracts have since came to an end and we decided to get Pay as you go sim cards to keep us going until we move to the US.

I am thinking that since we will no longer have access to this email address. (Unless we can find a way)

What is the best way to provide the Embassy with an updated email address?

Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I am thinking that since we will no longer have access to this email address. (Unless we can find a way)

What is the best way to provide the Embassy with an updated email address?
Probably via email, but you should first call (not free) and get an authorization number to put in the subject line so they will read your email.

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Probably via email, but you should first call (not free) and get an authorization number to put in the subject line so they will read your email.

Rene
'Not free' - Like a couple of £'s or 'Not free' - Like £1000,000

Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

'Not free' - Like a couple of £'s or 'Not free' - Like £1000,000

Thanks
LOL, somewhere between those two amounts. No, I'm not exactly sure...someone will chime in soon with the rate per minute, hopefully.

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
LOL, somewhere between those two amounts. No, I'm not exactly sure...someone will chime in soon with the rate per minute, hopefully.

Rene
Well I just found the Switchboard number which states £1.20 from BT Landlines.

Does anybody know how long I am likely to be speaking for if I just want to ask them for my Authorisation (Authorization for the Americans) number?

Am I looking like a couple of minutes or like 1000,000 minutes?

Thanks again.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I just found the Switchboard number which states £1.20 from BT Landlines.

Does anybody know how long I am likely to be speaking for if I just want to ask them for my Authorisation (Authorization for the Americans) number?

Am I looking like a couple of minutes or like 1000,000 minutes?

Thanks again.
I did call a couple of months ago with a "very quick" question and then the bill was for 12 pounds or something similar
Old Feb 11th 2011, 9:43 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

If you're still wondering about fees and costs past I-130:
- $404 for the visa processing (accepted in dolars or pound sterling) on the day of the interview
- £200 for the medical (plus an extra £20-£60 if you are missing any vaccinations and you decide to have them there - you can always have them at your GP)
- courier service when visa is approved (anything between £14.80 for standard service and about £37 if you opt for the very early morning service, 6-8am)
- if you haven't ordered your ACPO police certificate yet, that costs £35 for the first copy and £5 for each extra copy
- any fees for ordering police certificates from other countries, if applicable
- any postage you pay to return forms etc.
- any phonecalls you make to the £1.20/minute helpline
- your travel (and possibly accommodation if you live outside London) expenses to and from the US Embassy on the day of the interview

I think this is everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.