Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filed in London (DCF)

I-130 Filed in London (DCF)

Old Nov 21st 2010, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

CandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really nice
Default I-130 Filed in London (DCF)

Hi all,

We have now filed our I-130 petition and they have taken the payment for it.

It makes us happy to know that they have received our petition!!

We were wondering...is there anything we can be doing now that will avoid delays once they approve the petition? i.e. One thing we thought of is that we could apply for the CRB Report now to avoid having endure the wait time after the petition has been approved.

Are there any other things that we can be getting on with to avoid delays at a later stage?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot as always,

CandK
Old Nov 21st 2010, 9:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filed in London (DCF)

As you mention, get the police report in hand. Get your vaccination record from your GP and get any vaccinations you might need done ahead of the medical exam. Look over the visa application forms in preparation for filling them out when the time comes. Make sure you have your long form birth certificate, showing both parents' names.

Rene
Old Nov 21st 2010, 10:12 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

This describes the visa application process after the I-130 is approved

http://london.usembassy.gov/ivprocess.html

This has more instructions and links to the forms

http://london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html

Read the forms and instructions and you will see the documentation your will need to provide in support of the application. Start getting it all ready now.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 10:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, you can prepare all the civil documents now.. the links are also in the wiki (thank you lansbury!).
It's the ACPO certificate you need, not CRB.
Prepare the I-864 and its attachments (tax returns all filed etc)
Make sure you've got the long form UK birth cert.. needs both parents' names on it.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

CandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
Sure, you can prepare all the civil documents now.. the links are also in the wiki (thank you lansbury!).
It's the ACPO certificate you need, not CRB.
Prepare the I-864 and its attachments (tax returns all filed etc)
Make sure you've got the long form UK birth cert.. needs both parents' names on it.
If the USC (My Wife) isn't the one sponsoring the I-864, is she still required to send all her tax records for the application?

Thanks
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 11:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CandK
If the USC (My Wife) isn't the one sponsoring the I-864, is she still required to send all her tax records for the application?

Thanks
Your wife, the petitioner, MUST be the Sponsor for your case.
If she can not meet the income level, she may have a Joint Sponsor, but she must complete an I-864 regardless.
The I-864 makes inquiry about the sponsor's past three years income tax returns.
The I-864 requires inclusion of the most recent year's return.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Your wife, the petitioner, MUST be the Sponsor for your case.
If she can not meet the income level, she may have a Joint Sponsor, but she must complete an I-864 regardless.
The I-864 makes inquiry about the sponsor's past three years income tax returns.
The I-864 requires inclusion of the most recent year's return.
Thank you for your speedy response.

My wife was a student when we met and barely had any income. Part of the reason we are moving back to the US is for a job opportunity that has arisen.

As she hasn't had much income over the last three years, could this cause any problems?

To add, the joint sponsor meets well over the salary requirement.

Many thanks again!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 11:48 pm

Thank you for your speedy response.

My wife was a student when we met and barely had any income. Part of the reason we are moving back to the US is for a job opportunity that has arisen.

As she hasn't had much income over the last three years, could this cause any problems?

To add, the joint sponsor meets well over the salary requirement.

Many thanks again!
Generally speaking, it's not a problem if she has had low/no income, as long as you have a good Joint Sponsor (they do look at the relationship of that person.. IE a parent will be a stronger candidate than an acquaintence from church, but you're getting into hair splitting there).

I was unemployed when I sponsored, and had been for at least a year beforehand. I met the I-864 with other than my income. So, there's lots of ways to do I-864.

Hopefully you've covered yourselves for moving and living expenses. <---added for JEff's benefit 'cause his favorite Q is always about how you will feed/shelter yourselves. It's rhetorical for me.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:33 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

But he wrote:
....Part of the reason we are moving back to the US is for a job opportunity that has arisen.
So I'll let this one go.

Regards, JEff

Hopefully you've covered yourselves for moving and living expenses. <---added for JEff's benefit 'cause his favorite Q is always about how you will feed/shelter yourselves. It's rhetorical for me.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

We are awaiting the approval to our I-130 which we filed using the DCF process.

Just looking through the DCF Wiki and it states 'Receive instructions on civil document collection' - What would define 'civil documents?' - I have tried to look in many places but couldn't find anything.

Please could you help us so that we can get on with making the process as speedy as possible.

Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:28 pm

Civil documents are birth certs, marriage certs, police check etc. You can find the list under something like 'documents required for the interview'.. the link is in there.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Our petition was filed on Nov 9th, according to the email response.
We are hoping to hear back from them in the near future WITH APPROVAL of course! When we hear back, should we expect them to give us a particular date for the interview or will they give us a list of dates to schedule the interview?

Reason being, is that we are planning on having a bit of a Euro trip before moving to the US and are wondering if we are safe to go ahead and book our trip without it conflicting with the appointment.

Thanks as always,

candk
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:37 pm

Our petition was filed on Nov 9th, according to the email response.
We are hoping to hear back from them in the near future WITH APPROVAL of course! When we hear back, should we expect them to give us a particular date for the interview or will they give us a list of dates to schedule the interview?
If the wiki is unclear, we would all appreciate knowing which part does not make sense so it can be re-worked.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I-130_Filed_In_London
Application Overview

There are two steps to applying for the Immigrant Visa: filing the petition and applying for the visa when the petition is approved. Please research and understand what an Immigrant Visa is and make sure the applicant qualifies to immigrate to the US. Applicants with a criminal history, disqualifying medical condition or other visa ineligibility should consult with a US immigration attorney for specialized help.

Petition Phase

* File petition I-130
* Receive notice the petition has been received & petition processing begins/payment is taken (aka 'NOA1' for US filers)
* Receive any Request for Further Evidence (not applicable to all)
* Receive notice of petition approval (aka 'NOA2' for US filers)
* File is transferred to the Consular Immigrant Visa Unit

Visa Application Phase

* Receive notice that the IVU has your case
* Receive instructions on civil document collection
* Applicant returns visa application DS-230
* Applicant returns 'Ready to Interview' checklist
* Interview date set by Consulate
* Applicant schedules and takes medical exam
* Interview held
* Visa issued! (hey, think positively)

Actually, doesn't the medical have to be completed now before they will set an interview date... I will have to update that after confirming.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

If the wiki is unclear, we would all appreciate knowing which part does not make sense so it can be re-worked.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I-130_Filed_In_London
Application Overview

There are two steps to applying for the Immigrant Visa: filing the petition and applying for the visa when the petition is approved. Please research and understand what an Immigrant Visa is and make sure the applicant qualifies to immigrate to the US. Applicants with a criminal history, disqualifying medical condition or other visa ineligibility should consult with a US immigration attorney for specialized help.

Petition Phase

* File petition I-130
* Receive notice the petition has been received & petition processing begins/payment is taken (aka 'NOA1' for US filers)
* Receive any Request for Further Evidence (not applicable to all)
* Receive notice of petition approval (aka 'NOA2' for US filers)
* File is transferred to the Consular Immigrant Visa Unit

Visa Application Phase

* Receive notice that the IVU has your case
* Receive instructions on civil document collection
* Applicant returns visa application DS-230
* Applicant returns 'Ready to Interview' checklist
* Interview date set by Consulate
* Applicant schedules and takes medical exam
* Interview held
* Visa issued! (hey, think positively)

Actually, doesn't the medical have to be completed now before they will set an interview date... I will have to update that after confirming.
Ok, thats great thank you.

From your own opinion, would you think that it would be ok to schedule our trip?

Would we be right in thinking that to do this, we would need to wait to send the 'ready to interview' check list until we have returned from our trip?

In general, approximately how long after we send the 'ready to interview', is the interview likely to be sheduled?

Thanks again,

candk
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:56 pm

In general, approximately how long after we send the 'ready to interview', is the interview likely to be sheduled?
60 days +/- a couple. Like clockwork based on what other users post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.