Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filed in London (DCF)

I-130 Filed in London (DCF)

Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all
Default Re: I-130 Filed in London (DCF)

Originally Posted by C_C
- $404 for the visa processing (accepted in dolars or pound sterling) on the day of the interview

I'm sure I read somewhere that this had recently changed.
I was under the impression that now you have to pay for the visa processing over the phone before the interview?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:41 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
I was under the impression that now you have to pay for the visa processing over the phone before the interview?
Not if you are filing DCF in London.
Maybe if you started the application through the US Lockbox and are going through NVC.
We filed DCF in London and I had my interview just earlier this month. I paid the $404 fee on the day of the interview at the Embassy.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
I think that's now for the K-1 fiancé[e] visa.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

CandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really nice

We are due to have our I-130 approved within the next couple of weeks (Based on me analyzing 'Processing times' in the london embassy website.

At what point will we be likely to receive the case number after the approval date?

We've had a look in the forums but cannot find any definitive answer.

Thanks,

CandK
Old Feb 26th 2011, 7:53 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CandK
We are due to have our I-130 approved within the next couple of weeks (Based on me analyzing 'Processing times' in the london embassy website.

At what point will we be likely to receive the case number after the approval date?

We've had a look in the forums but cannot find any definitive answer.

Thanks,

CandK
You should have it within a month of the approval, but my understanding is that they may be trying to speed it up now that I-130 processing has taken so long. Newly-approved applicants seem to have been told in the approval letter that they'll get their case number within 3 weeks, whereas when we got the approval letter back in October there was no such mention (only a generic "the IV Unit will write to you to advise of the next steps") and I got my case number after exactly a month.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

CandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really nice

Ok, we have received an 'Incomplete' letter asking for the following information:

Sworn Affidavdit explaining how and when we both met and information on the background leading up to our marriage.

Sworn Affidavidt from three people that comply with 28 U.S.C sec. 1746 swearing the knowledge of our bonafide relationship.

Are there any stipulations on who the three people should be?
i.e we are able to have any of our family members swear that we have a bona fide marriage but would it be better to have the USC parents/grandparents do it, or would it be better for the affidavidts to be sworn by the UK Citizens side of things?

Obviously it would be less time consuming for the affidavidts to be sworn by the UKC family members as we wouldnt need to wait for the delivery from the US before sending in to the immigration authorities.

Thanks!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter if they are UKC's or USC's. It should be someone who knows you as a married couple and has spent time with you in a social setting as a couple. i.e., not just someone who was at your wedding who saw you get married...the marriage certificate verifies the fact that you ARE married.

Rene
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:37 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

To emphasize what Rene wrote, the affiants should be people who are physically near enough to you to actually observe and even participate in your life, so that they have immediate, first-hand knowledge of your married life.

Relatives living overseas are not likely to be good candidates.

Regards, JEff

i.e we are able to have any of our family members swear that we have a bona fide marriage but would it be better to have the USC parents/grandparents do it, or would it be better for the affidavidts to be sworn by the UK Citizens side of things?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

I am sitting here wondering now if I will need to have Sworn Affidavits from people. We've been married for 4 years now and by the time the Embassy approves our I-130 it will be a further 4 months on that. Is this common practice then, because when we completed the checklist for the paperwork it stated to not include anything other than the items they requested from the checklist. Specifically stated do not attached anything else.

Confused now
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:31 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracy_UK
I am sitting here wondering now if I will need to have Sworn Affidavits from people. We've been married for 4 years now and by the time the Embassy approves our I-130 it will be a further 4 months on that. Is this common practice then, because when we completed the checklist for the paperwork it stated to not include anything other than the items they requested from the checklist. Specifically stated do not attached anything else.

Confused now
Not common practice. It's at the discretion of the Officer looking at your case to ask or not for further evidence (affidavits etc.). If married for 4 years it's quite unlikely that they'll ask for further evidence of a bona fide marriage, especially if you've lived together for all this time.
You are right, you were not supposed to send anything extra with the initial package. If they want additional evidence they ask for it.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracy_UK

Confused now
We'd been married for six years when we petitioned and weren't asked for any more evidence other than the copy of the marriage certificate, which is required of everyone.

I should imagine that if you've been married for at least two years, which is the difference between a CR-1 and IR-1 status and getting a conditional or unconditional Green Card you're not likely to be asked for further evidence.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Ok, we have received an 'Incomplete' letter asking for the following information:

Sworn Affidavdit explaining how and when we both met and information on the background leading up to our marriage.

Sworn Affidavidt from three people that comply with 28 U.S.C sec. 1746 swearing the knowledge of our bonafide relationship.

Obviously it would be less time consuming for the affidavidts to be sworn by the UKC family members as we wouldnt need to wait for the delivery from the US before sending in to the immigration authorities.

Thanks!!!
How long were to married for before filing the I-130?
It does seem to be hit and miss, those who are asked to send in additional information and who are not. Hopefully you can get them typed up and sent out quickly but at least you know they're looking at your case and hopefully your approval won't be too long
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Following the USCIS request to send additional information that they required (3 affidavits stating knowledge of the bona findes of our marriage, affidavit from petitioner giving details of information surrounding our realtionship leading up to the marriage and marriage certificate) we have sent this information to them.

It was recieved by Royal Mail Special Delivery a couple of days ago...how long should we expect it to take for them to get back to us now?

Obviously when we filed the i-130, we had the timeline to follow on the uscis website but now we are unsure.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... how long should we expect it to take for them to get back to us now?
They will likely not get back to you until a decision has been made on the I-130. Once you get an RRE, all timelines go out the window. It'll take some time for your evidence to get to the officer, and it'll take some time before he finishes whatever else he's doing before getting back to working on your case.

Ian
Old Apr 17th 2011, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
They will likely not get back to you until a decision has been made on the I-130. Once you get an RRE, all timelines go out the window. It'll take some time for your evidence to get to the officer, and it'll take some time before he finishes whatever else he's doing before getting back to working on your case.

Ian
Thank you very much as always. (Whoever said you weren't helpful recently is wrong...VERY WRONG)

Another quick question, my wife currently has the Spousal Visa for the UK in her US Passport. Does this need to be taken out when we return to the US? (I suspect so)

Also, my wife does some modelling work and would definitely have some work available in the UK after we leave to start living in the US...IF she has to have the UK Spousal Visa removed from her US Passport, would she then need to apply for a Work Visa to do a photoshoot in the UK?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.