Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by lorenei
Haha the Embassy will probably think I'm paranoid! Which I guess I am a little bit, just I haven't seen my hubby for nearly 5 months now and the slightest thought of something going wrong with my trip to USA scares me to bits
Lorenei,

I am sure you will be fine, take a deep breath and relax. Though both Christina and I know precisely how you feel, we were last together in England back in June - it seems like 12 months ago!

I fly in less than 2 weeks (23rd), it feels like a dream to both of us and we too have been hyper paranoid about the slightest little thing going wrong - you are far from the only one on this score.

When are you flying out? Good luck with your lives ahead

M + C
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough

Some great news on here on the last few pages, well done to all!!

One question, are the majority of people on here separated cause of the USC spouse having employment in the states or is it down to British visa's running out?

That's were we are lucky i guess as although we plan to move in the next year we are in no rush or mad panic for my visa to be granted as we aren't apart
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ryan NI

One question, are the majority of people on here separated cause of the USC spouse having employment in the states or is it down to British visa's running out?

That's were we are lucky i guess as although we plan to move in the next year we are in no rush or mad panic for my visa to be granted as we aren't apart

Not sure about any visas running out or where you got that information from?

In our case, we met a few years back and have had to work hard to have a life together in the same location - the VISA is the end of this hard work.

This does not seem to be an uncommon scenario, but each case is different.

Hope that helps.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

jukes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan NI

We are not separated, in fact I am a USC and UKC who has never lived in US, we are all still in England, medicals tomorrow. Makes the I-864 a bit more complicated though....but that's a whole other story pretty unique to our situation...
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mikechristina
Not sure about any visas running out or where you got that information from?

In our case, we met a few years back and have had to work hard to have a life together in the same location - the VISA is the end of this hard work.

This does not seem to be an uncommon scenario, but each case is different.

Hope that helps.
Sorry didn't get that information from anywhere and actually now I think about it my wife Kristen (and everyone else here I guess) had to prove she had a appropriate visa to be here, as part of the I-130 so please ignore that part of my previous post.

I completely agree with about working hard to be together. We had one hell of a fight on our hands when Kristen applied for her ILTR. After spouses visa was due to expire we applied for ILTR. The day we sent it off, the forms changed, thus they sent it back but to the wrong address. Who then had the 'wit' to sign for it and hold onto it for 3 weeks before delivering it to us. In the meantime Kristen's spouses visa expired and had given birth to our son and was still in hospital!

Talk about stressful. Finally after weeks of emailing and sending letters everyday and getting Royal Mail to admit responsibility. Finally the visa came through but it was only an extension of 2 years and not the ILTR. Heart dropped at this point. What had happened was when we returned from honeymoon we did so via Dublin and then travelled up to N. Irelnad. Hence there was no UK stamp on Kristen's visa. It must have taken another 6 months of work with a immigration lawyer for her finally to get her ILTR.

Sorry to go a bit off track with that!!

Last edited by Ryan NI; Nov 10th 2011 at 2:42 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

whitebear is an unknown quantity at this point

We nearly came unstuck with the Dublin Port of Entry too. I married my US bride in the USA sorted out her UK Visa in Chicago and returned to England via Dublin - Aer Lingus were cheapest. At Heathrow there was no passport control, and we were tired and just saw my friend waiting to take us home and left. We should have sought out an Immigration Officer to get the UK stamp. Fortunately when the need arose, I was able to provide evidence of her entry date, and got a letter from immigration accepting her arrival date.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice

Well one more worry over, as my case number arrived today and I've booked my medical Got to go to the Bentinck Mansions doctors. Off to the USA for thanksgiving and to take the I-864 to my mother in law who is the joint sponsor. Better get some extra copies done as it looks complicated!!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

lorenei is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mikechristina

Lorenei,

I am sure you will be fine, take a deep breath and relax. Though both Christina and I know precisely how you feel, we were last together in England back in June - it seems like 12 months ago!

I fly in less than 2 weeks (23rd), it feels like a dream to both of us and we too have been hyper paranoid about the slightest little thing going wrong - you are far from the only one on this score.

When are you flying out? Good luck with your lives ahead

M + C
I hope it'll be fine, I mean none of the rips are big enough to actually take anything out but there are a few of them and the envelope looks very chewed up We'll see what the consular people say! Did anyone else here have a similar issue with their envelope?

My flight is booked for the 24th of Nov, I can't wait to see my hubby, I've been missing him so much!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Coopernaut
Well one more worry over, as my case number arrived today and I've booked my medical Got to go to the Bentinck Mansions doctors. Off to the USA for thanksgiving and to take the I-864 to my mother in law who is the joint sponsor. Better get some extra copies done as it looks complicated!!
Congrats on your case number! And don't worry about the medical, I've had mine at Bentinck Mansions as well and the staff there are very friendly.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

jukes is an unknown quantity at this point

Husband and our 2 boys had medicals today. Dr said our 5 year has a heart murmur, told probably means nothing as he has no other symptoms but now we have to ask GP to refer to hospital for further tests to hopefully confirm not heart problem. Then consultant has to fax the details to Knightsbridge Dr. before all docs. sent to embassy! Urghh, no idea how long all this will take.
Also told they all need flu vaccs.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jukes
Husband and our 2 boys had medicals today. Dr said our 5 year has a heart murmur, told probably means nothing as he has no other symptoms but now we have to ask GP to refer to hospital for further tests to hopefully confirm not heart problem. Then consultant has to fax the details to Knightsbridge Dr. before all docs. sent to embassy! Urghh, no idea how long all this will take.
Also told they all need flu vaccs.
Sorry to hear that about your 5 year old son.

It is better that you found out about it while still here in case it is something that needs treatment. You can get it treated for free on the NHS before you move over to the US.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Coopernaut
One thing I found really annoying was that the US seems to use 11" x 8.5" paper and this isn't the same size as A4 paper. Would have made a huge difference when we wanted to replace one of the pages from the I-864 twice if I had some blank sheets of that paper.

Any change to the signature page would require a copy to be snail mailed over, but I couldn't even fix a spelling with my father-in-law's name on the second last page. Had to get them to print it out and snail mail it over again.

I would recommend that you get a few blank sheets of paper that your mother-in-law will print the I-864 out on, or you take some A4 paper from over here and print the I-864 out on that so that if you need to make some edits you won't have to wait for the snail mail to arrive and you could save some money on postage too.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lorenei
My flight is booked for the 24th of Nov, I can't wait to see my hubby, I've been missing him so much!
I know what you mean, my wife and son travelled over on the 7th of November and I'm missing them so much already!

Hope you have a safe trip!
Old Nov 12th 2011, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CAProgrammer
I know what you mean, my wife and son travelled over on the 7th of November and I'm missing them so much already!

Hope you have a safe trip!
Thank you And I'm sure you will get your visa very soon as well and be reunited with your family asap!!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 1:56 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to? No doubt about it.

No big deal though - A4 and 8.5x11 are close enough in size and A4 will fit fine in the file. Use whichever is available at the time paper is needed.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by CAProgrammer
One thing I found really annoying was that the US seems to use 11" x 8.5" paper and this isn't the same size as A4 paper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.