Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Oct 25th 2011, 9:12 pm
longing for Druidia

Spaceball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by little-evo
Well after a really early start (2am) i have just got back from having my medical in London, as per other applicants, everything went pretty smoothly (i hope).
Was the 1st in there, went to the bottom room at the end of the corrider and had a really nice nurse, explained everything to me in laymans terms which is nice, had the 3 jabs which suprisingly didn't hurt one bit, waited 10 or so minutes had the chest x-ray, another 5 minute wait, spoke with the doctor, took some blood, checked the eyes etc, waited for 15 minutes and was called to pay the £294 inclusive of the imms!
Was informed if they do not contact me by wednesday all is fine and the embassy will have the results by thursday and then they will send out a letter for the interview, so fingers crossed medical went all ok and onto the next step...now for a nice cup of tea!
Originally Posted by krazstir
Still haven't gotten an interview date yet. So I phoned the really expensive number today and the guy I talked to said they received our paperwork (DS230 and DS2001) but don't have the medical results yet. I said that Knightsbridge confirmed the results being couriered to the Embassy on October 17th. The man said to email the Embassy and see what the hold up is because they usually process interview dates 5 days after receiving the medical results (that's what he says anyway)... So I emailed them, but haven't received a reply yet.

Hoping we find out soon!!

Evening, y'all.

Nice one, little-evo - hope it comes to nothing and you get your interview date ASAP. I'm sure you're chomping at the bit to just get this process over and done with - good luck with the remainder of the process.

As for us, my UKC wife and I are flying to London from Belfast tomorrow morning at the butt-crack of dawn for her medical appointment. We are travelling to/from London same day, so we will be dead tired I'm sure by the time we get back home.

Like most everyone else so far, we'll post our experience of the medical on return. I am bringing some I-864 paperwork with me to pass the time away @ the airports, as I have yet to even begin filling it out, as well as my need to back-file the last 3 years of US tax returns ahead of the interview.

To all of you who have yet to get your notice of approval from USCIS - stay positive; I'm sure it feels like years have gone past and not weeks since you sent in your I-130s I'm sure, but you'll be heading for your medical/interview before you know it. We thought this day would be a LONG time coming, but thank God it's finally at a more advanced stage.

In the meantime - good night, and good luck.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

krazstir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spaceball
Evening, y'all.

Nice one, little-evo - hope it comes to nothing and you get your interview date ASAP. I'm sure you're chomping at the bit to just get this process over and done with - good luck with the remainder of the process.

As for us, my UKC wife and I are flying to London from Belfast tomorrow morning at the butt-crack of dawn for her medical appointment. We are travelling to/from London same day, so we will be dead tired I'm sure by the time we get back home.

Like most everyone else so far, we'll post our experience of the medical on return. I am bringing some I-864 paperwork with me to pass the time away @ the airports, as I have yet to even begin filling it out, as well as my need to back-file the last 3 years of US tax returns ahead of the interview.

To all of you who have yet to get your notice of approval from USCIS - stay positive; I'm sure it feels like years have gone past and not weeks since you sent in your I-130s I'm sure, but you'll be heading for your medical/interview before you know it. We thought this day would be a LONG time coming, but thank God it's finally at a more advanced stage.

In the meantime - good night, and good luck.
All the best with the medical! I just got an email from the Embassy confirming our Interview for the 22nd of November! Can't wait to get it done and over with! Now I just have to book a hotel and days off work!

The other good news is I FINALLY received my parents' I-864 and I-864A forms in the mail, along with some other important domicile paperwork. It seems a neighbor received the package my mom sent and then never gave it to us! How annoying is that!?!?! Well, at least we have it now. Just have to get through the interview now!!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

Nov 22nd is the day my hubby has his interview as well. I'll be attending with him.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracy_UK
Nov 22nd is the day my hubby has his interview as well. I'll be attending with him.
Cool! Ours is 8:30AM! I'm going to go with my hubby too. Might see you there!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

Same time as well lol
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice

Well I had a great day to day!! Took my wife down to London for her birthday and went to Harrods. Had a bit of time to spare so went to see where Knightsbridge Doctors is. Literally just round the corner from Harrods!
Arrive back at home this evening to find a letter from USCIS saying that the I-130 was approved on 24/10/11 Is it just a case of waiting for the case number now ?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coopernaut
Well I had a great day to day!! Took my wife down to London for her birthday and went to Harrods. Had a bit of time to spare so went to see where Knightsbridge Doctors is. Literally just round the corner from Harrods!
It may have changed but last year my medical was at Knightsbridge's other location at Bentinck Mansions near Harley Street.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Coopernaut
Arrive back at home this evening to find a letter from USCIS saying that the I-130 was approved on 24/10/11 Is it just a case of waiting for the case number now ?
Congrats!
We got our case number in the mail a week after receiving the approval. Once you get that, you can book the medical.

We had to go to the Bentinck Mansions location (which was actually not too far from the Embassy, so we had a look at that while we were there for the Medical). All the best with everything!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

The only location now doing the medical is the one located at Bentinck Mansions. We were informed by them when we made the date for the medical that the other location ceased doing the visa medicals. Even the instructions we had to download stated that fact.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice

Originally Posted by rpjs
It may have changed but last year my medical was at Knightsbridge's other location at Bentinck Mansions near Harley Street.
Ahhh right, It was the other location that I went to check out.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

MrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond repute

So I have just got home after attending my medical and everything went smoothly (hopefully!). For those who are interested / about to attend theirs:

Arrived at 09.45 for a 10.10 appointment (I like to be early!). For those about to attend it is actually flat 4 in the mansion block, not a separate whole building - follow the map on the website, it is accurate. Documents to receptionist (they give you a second questionnaire), into waiting room, called for my vaccination consult at 09.55 and given 2nd MMR (apparently this IS a requirement). Swiftly into a different room for chest X-ray and then back to waiting room by 10.10. About a 30-40 minute wait and then called by a different doctor for my once-over where she ran through my questionnaire (I ticked no to everything so this was very quick), took height and weight then eye test. Then behind curtain, clothes off (except underpants - these have to stay on!) lung function, eyes, throat and ears checked, blood pressure and blood sample taken, quick cough while she looks at my genitals, clothes back on again and back to the waiting room.

Pay the extortionate fee and collect docs on the way out - back on the street by 11.15. All in all, pretty quick and painless. The waiting room was full so they do a good trade and I was surprised it was that quick considering the number of people. I definitely recommend a morning appointment and arriving early.

Now to wait for a visa interview date....

Last edited by MrBaker2011; Oct 28th 2011 at 1:21 pm. Reason: Missed a bit....
Old Oct 30th 2011, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Kupo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone, I have a question. I have the DS230 filled out and the police certificate for my UKC husband. Due to him having a fever last week, we had to re-schedual his vaccination appointment with his GP until NEXT Monday :curse: (the nurse is on holiday ) and only then can we book the Knightsbridge appointment, which we are planning on phoning tomorrow for the following Tuesday. On the form he received with his LND number, is a link to the page on the website of what steps to do next and to follow them.

First one was to fill out the DS230 part 1 and 2 ASAP and send them off
Second was do the DS2001 and collect all documents ready for interview
and then 3rd was to book the Knightbridge appointment.
So I have his DS230 to send off ready tomorrow, but when I go on here and read what everyone on here has done and what order you guys have done it, everyone seems to be doing the medical 1st before sending the DS230 forms off. I dont want to sit and wait for a week for his medical when i can send his DS230 forms off tomorrow for them to begin processing, while we wait for the medical and the results to be couried over in 2 weeks time. Has anybody done the following in the actual order that the embassy says to do it on their page here? http://london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html
or has everyone done the medical 1st? I just cant stand to wait around for a week if i can get to sending these off first, but i dont want to send them off first before the medical, if I am not suppossed to. I feel confused which method I should follow, DS230 1st then medical, or wait for medical and couried results and THEN send DS230 off. Why is everyone doing it backwards to what the embassy website says? Any guidence would help greatly xx
Old Oct 30th 2011, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

MrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kupo
everyone seems to be doing the medical 1st before sending the DS230 forms off.
I think you will find that most people are BOOKING the medical first, and then using the time between booking and attending the medical to fill in and send off the DS-230 and 2001 forms. Certainly this is what we have done, and have had no issues with taking this approach so far.

It is my understanding - although I could be wrong (someome else may know better) - that your Visa interview will not be scheduled until both your forms and the medical results are recieved at the Embassy, therefore if you can do the forms and medical concurrently this will speed up the process for you.

We sent the DS-230 and the 2001 together and I believe this is acceptable.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Kupo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrBaker2011
I think you will find that most people are BOOKING the medical first, and then using the time between booking and attending the medical to fill in and send off the DS-230 and 2001 forms. Certainly this is what we have done, and have had no issues with taking this approach so far.

It is my understanding - although I could be wrong (someome else may know better) - that your Visa interview will not be scheduled until both your forms and the medical results are recieved at the Embassy, therefore if you can do the forms and medical concurrently this will speed up the process for you.

We sent the DS-230 and the 2001 together and I believe this is acceptable.
GREAT! That makes loads sense. Yes, he will book the medical tomorrow. Originally, b4 he became ill he tried to book the medical b4 the police certificate came (which we didnt know you had to have 1st) and they actually had free appointment spaces all week, so there seems to be no wait. If we had the police certificate then (we do now) he could have been in there like in 48 hrs from making the call, so hopefully when we phone tomorrow to book for the following tuesday (8 days later) they will have no problem giving him an appointment. I will send off the forms tomorrow as well. I have just seen that I am suppossed to send off the 2001 form alongside the 230, so will print that out today and pop it in the envelope. Thanks for your advice
Old Oct 30th 2011, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kupo
GREAT! That makes loads sense. Yes, he will book the medical tomorrow. Originally, b4 he became ill he tried to book the medical b4 the police certificate came (which we didnt know you had to have 1st) and they actually had free appointment spaces all week, so there seems to be no wait.
They had a LOT of free dates when I called them to book mine a few weeks ago so I shouldn't think you will have a problem. Don't forget to take the police cert, I took the original and a copy - they only wanted the copy and will just photocopy your original otherwise. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.