Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by lansbury
It is, because if they have started taking it from the medical, anyone who has the medical but delays the interview for some reason could give themselves unforeseen problems.
It could be a problem for those who fall into the dreaded AP.

Rene
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Procax is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

My heart jumped when he asked for my MIL's prove of US citizenship, but it was stuck to another page so panic over!!
Congrats on the visa!

I take it your MIL was the joint sponsor? Do we need citizenship proofs for spouses of joint sponsors? I know sponsors need marriage certificates where applicable.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Procax
Congrats on the visa!

I take it your MIL was the joint sponsor? Do we need citizenship proofs for spouses of joint sponsors? I know sponsors need marriage certificates where applicable.
Yes she was the joint sponsor. Not sure on your second question as it wasn't an issue for us. Is the spouse of your joint sponsor contributing towards the i-864? To be fair it's not too hard to get a photocopy of a passport sent through so better to be safe than sorry.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Procax
Do we need citizenship proofs for spouses of joint sponsors?
The joint sponsor must be either a USC or PR - and you must include proof of that. Since you can have only one joint sponsor, the spouse of the joint sponsor does not need such proof.

Ian
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
But lately, I've seen a couple of cases on here now, where the visa is valid for 6 months from date of medical. I am not sure if this is a new trend or what. It will be interesting to see future approvals.
I am thinking that it would be wise for us to put of the medical until mid-late Sept now just to be safe. We are wanting to move the first week of March so are planning on making the most of the 6 month expiry.

Originally planned on med end of Aug/ beg of sept (hopefully we would have had the case number by then filed on May1.) and figured interview would fall Oct/Nov time which would give us more than enough time. But now rethinking this with the news of a couple of people recently mentioning 6 months from medical.

Could this be a recent change in how long the medical is valid for perhaps?
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Villers is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally, My husband's case number came today- after 3 weeks.
We will be booking the medical on Monday - just wanted to know whether it is possible for mu hubby to get a medical appointment anyday next week if He phoned them on Monday. What is the earliest/soonest date one can get an appointment after you call.

2. Also on my husband's case number letter, the printing is so faint that where it says 'Preference Category : xxx-xxxx', the items i have indicated as xxx-xxxx are so faint that it is inellegible. Can some some tell me what they usually put there as we cant afford calling that expensive number
Old Jun 30th 2012, 6:17 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Villers
Finally, My husband's case number came today- after 3 weeks.
We will be booking the medical on Monday - just wanted to know whether it is possible for mu hubby to get a medical appointment anyday next week if He phoned them on Monday. What is the earliest/soonest date one can get an appointment after you call.

2. Also on my husband's case number letter, the printing is so faint that where it says 'Preference Category : xxx-xxxx', the items i have indicated as xxx-xxxx are so faint that it is inellegible. Can some some tell me what they usually put there as we cant afford calling that expensive number
To state the obvious the soonest date you will get an appointment is the first one they have free, How far out that will be depends on how busy they are. Just ask for the first available appointment. It could be next week or the week after.

The case number is LND - followed by your unique number

Last edited by lansbury; Jun 30th 2012 at 6:19 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Villers is an unknown quantity at this point

To state the obvious the soonest date you will get an appointment is the first one they have free, How far out that will be depends on how busy they are. Just ask for the first available appointment. It could be next week or the week after.

The case number is LND - followed by your unique number
With respect to the second question, I am already clear on the LND Number .

I am only not clear about where it says 'Preference Category:xxx-zzzz'. This (xxx-zzzz) is that part of the letter just above 'Your Priority Date:'. The Tpying is very faint there and it is hard to see what is written there...Not sure it is is an abreviation for your nationality/where you were born etc.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:12 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

With respect to the second question, I am already clear on the LND Number .
My apologies I misread your question.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!

On my letter is states Preference Category: IR1 - GRBR, so seems to be just the type of visa and where you're from.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:42 pm

On my letter is states Preference Category: IR1 - GRBR, so seems to be just the type of visa and where you're from.
Following on from that:-

If you have been married less than 2 years CR1-GRBR

If you have been married 2 years or more IR1-GRBR

would be what I would expect the unreadable part to be.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsWaring
I am thinking that it would be wise for us to put of the medical until mid-late Sept now just to be safe. We are wanting to move the first week of March so are planning on making the most of the 6 month expiry.

Originally planned on med end of Aug/ beg of sept (hopefully we would have had the case number by then filed on May1.) and figured interview would fall Oct/Nov time which would give us more than enough time. But now rethinking this with the news of a couple of people recently mentioning 6 months from medical.

Could this be a recent change in how long the medical is valid for perhaps?
Just read this on london.embassy.gov

Validity Period of the Visa

The validity period of an immigrant and fiance(e) visa is based on the validity period of the medical examination, the maximum validity of which, is six months. You will be advised further at the interview

So it seems it is from the medical date.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The validity period of an immigrant and fiance(e) visa is based on the validity period of the medical examination, the maximum validity of which, is six months. You will be advised further at the interview
But that's not true. The medical is valid for 1 year. Well, at least... it used to be!

Ian
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
But that's not true. The medical is valid for 1 year. Well, at least... it used to be!

Ian
That's what I thought as well. Seems like there may have been some rule changes that went either unannounced or missed. Or they decided to follow rules they previously were not.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Following on from that:-

If you have been married less than 2 years CR1-GRBR

If you have been married 2 years or more IR1-GRBR

would be what I would expect the unreadable part to be.
Exactly right. Mine reads CR1-GRBR.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Given that it's on the US Embassy in London website, backed up by more than one recent experience at that embassy, it appears the rules may have changed.

As an aside (for those interested in current timelines) I received my interview date today. I had my medical June 6th and had sent in the DS 2001 and DS-230 Pt I (not part II) the week before. My interview is August 6th at 0900. Yay - Olympics. London will be fun.

I don't know if it made any difference, but I asked for an interview no earlier than July 10th when I sent in the DS 2001.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.