aos from vwp

Old Mar 28th 2012, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

fred22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: aos from vwp

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If your attorney says that's what they will do, then that must be correct for that attorney. In general, you and your spouse must be the ones to answer the questions, correct. The lawyer is there to stop you from answering something that he feels the Officer shouldn't be asking, a question that could be incriminating, or to ask the Officer to rephrase the question, etc. I have never been in one of these types of interviews with an immigration attorney, but from what I've read on here, that's the impression I get.

Rene
Thank you
Old Mar 28th 2012, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

fred22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I also haven't seen many that have gotten denied. My understanding, though, is that they can take you into custody right there at the interview, and make sure that you do get on the next flight out. I get the feeling that the people who end up getting denied, don't come back on BE to post the outcome.

Rene
Understood. Thanks.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fred22
Understood. Thanks.
Fred ,
my understanding is that you are already married for 2 years?

This will be be interesting to see the outcome of your case. To my understanding
a marriage is seen as "intent to immigrate"

So your case is different from most of the VWP AOS cases in here

However Good Luck
CCR
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crosscountryrider
This will be be interesting to see the outcome of your case.

So your case is different from most of the VWP AOS cases in here
I don't see why it would be different. It can be the same as any other AOS from VWP case. It all has to do with what the intent was at the POE.

To my understanding
a marriage is seen as "intent to immigrate"
Your understanding is incorrect.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 3rd 2012 at 10:23 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

I don't see why it would be different. It can be the same as any other AOS from VWP case. It all has to do with what the intent was at the POE.

Your understand is incorrect.

Rene
Not so sure. I hope I can dig this out but I read somewhere that the fact that you are married is being seen as the intent to immigrate and as a "intent to stay" regardless what you say at the POE.

But I am not attorney. I am just curioyus what Mr Folinsky will say?

I hope for the OP that I am wrong

CCR
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not so sure. I hope I can dig this out but I read somewhere that the fact that you are married is being seen as the intent to immigrate and as a "intent to stay" regardless what you say at the POE.

I hope for the OP that I am wrong

CCR
Hi Rene,
got my memory back.This was on the other side of the Atlantic in the UK.
The "dark forces UK"pulled my now wife into detention twice when she stated that she wanted to visit her fiance.

But I still would like to say what happens here in the US

CCR
Just saw this one:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/to...to-aos-on-vwp/
So seems to be possible but every case is different

Last edited by crosscountryrider; Apr 3rd 2012 at 10:15 pm. Reason: chnage
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:24 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

So it does not apply.
Hi Rene,

Some interesting misinformation in that thread. But yes, every case is different.
Just saw this one:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/to...to-aos-on-vwp/
So seems to be possible but every case is different
Regards, JEff
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rene,
The "dark forces UK"pulled my now wife into detention twice when she stated that she wanted to visit her fiance.
Sure, that can happen here at the US POE, too. As you even said here, you weren't even married when that happened...so it isn't restricted to married couples having problems entering either the UK or the USA.

Perhaps a married person whose spouse is in the USA might be perceived as having more of an immigrant intent than a person who has only a USC fiancee, or doesn't even know a USC at all....but it's only the POE officer's perception.

I'd say the risk for AOS denial is the same.

Rene
Old Apr 4th 2012, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Something terse and/or cryptic or, quite possibly, nothing at all ...