Reload this Page >

Interview in London- HELP!

Interview in London- HELP!

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

BecFern008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview in London- HELP!

Hi All

This post is regarding an immigrant visa for my UKC spouse- I'm a USC.

Back when I was doing the research on moving home, I thought I had read somewhere that between 4-6 weeks from the posting of your ds-2001, you will be issued an interview date. In reading this, I had interpreted it as your interview date will take place, rather than within this time duration you will be issued with a date which will likely be a month from this time.

I'm very concerned as this could mean that we don't get an interview date until mid-June. We wanted to ideally move in early July and having the interview date would not enable us to prepare everything in time so I've really miscalculated this apparently.

Anyhow, the issue is that I'm not permitted to take any time off from work from May 31st to June 29th so what do I do if we're issued with an interview date that we're unable to attend? What is the procedure? How long does it take for a new date?

Feeling incredibly frustrated at my oversight.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:34 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview in London- HELP!

As you are the US citizen you are not required to attended the interview. Only the visa applicant must attend, of course, so as long as they can it is not a problem. If you ask for a new date it takes about as long to be issued as the original.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You are the USC, so you do not need to attend the interview at all. You don't have to take any time off. Your UKC spouse will go to the interview.

Rene
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
As you are the US citizen you are not required to attended the interview. Only the visa applicant must attend, of course, so as long as they can it is not a problem. If you ask for a new date it takes about as long to be issued as the original.
How could I have overlooked this? AMAZING newS This has made me feel so much better- thanks very, very much!!

Bec
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You are the USC, so you do not need to attend the interview at all. You don't have to take any time off. Your UKC spouse will go to the interview.

Rene
Thanks so much!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

AntMcG is an unknown quantity at this point

...as a UKC who has just successfully become a permanent resident, I hope it will reassure you even more that my own interview in London was so simple, as was the arrival in the US to become a Permanent Resident.

Just make sure your spouse has everything in order and I'm sure everything will be fine. the people at the embassy were very freindly and helpful.

good luck
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AntMcG
...as a UKC who has just successfully become a permanent resident, I hope it will reassure you even more that my own interview in London was so simple, as was the arrival in the US to become a Permanent Resident.

Just make sure your spouse has everything in order and I'm sure everything will be fine. the people at the embassy were very freindly and helpful.

good luck
Very comforting indeed Thanks so much!!

Bec