Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:12 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Yes....another pair of hands going up here! We met on-line via a Friendfinder site, he in Oklahoma, me in Yorkshire. We became e-mail pen-pals and used ICQ for a while before meeting in person in the US. We are spending time together in the UK at present - currently working on plans for marriage and my moving to the US (always supposing we can fight our way through the red tape!!)
I think there will be more and more instances of on-line international romances, for all age-groups, in coming years. We are both retired, in our 60s, and older than the average couple in this group, but I have a feeling that the future will see lots more older couples finding long-distance love. It's a great adventure and a blessing.... at whatever age !!
Ann and Fred
Old Feb 1st 2004, 12:49 pm
Cjbowen

Not only did I meet her THERE, and moved THERE, THEY'RE all saying "I'm glad
THEY'RE so happy in THEIR new home."

Typos, typos everywhere. So there!

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Darth Homer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone! I met my fiance online about a year and a half ago. We've chatted on MSN pretty much every day since then. I've also been to South Carolina 3 times to visit her, and I love her even more in person. We've been engaged a month and are just starting to explore our immigration options. Wish us luck!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:04 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yannecantik
Yes I did. It's not something uncommon today. Even at my AOS interview the interviewer said that he has interviewed lots of couples who met online lately.
The officer said the same thing to me at my K3 interview in London. He actually siad '50% of the couples' whose case he deals with have met online!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:08 pm
L D Jones

CJBowen wrote:
    >
    > Not only did I meet her THERE, and moved THERE, THEY'RE all saying "I'm glad
    > THEY'RE so happy in THEIR new home."
    >
    > Typos, typos everywhere. So there!

Your welcome

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:35 pm
Jim Schlegel

Met my wife (01/17/04) on-line in Oct 2002. We met face to face on Feb 1,
2003 in Moscow. I visited again in June and then in November made the big
trip to bring her home with me!

jim & vica

"cindyabs" <member3791@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com