Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Wikiposts

Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Old Jan 7th 2004, 11:50 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Originally posted by CharlieS
I'm trying to figure out how your bills are so high.
The Spanish phone company Telefonica is really expensive and is a monopoly though there are some call providers. Still have to have your Telefonica line though.

I had a 15 min call plan that allowed me calls to the USA for about €18 a month. But if you go over that 15 mins you get charged top whack. What kills it for me is not having 24-7 all inclusive internet access. I'm free between 8pm and 8am but get charged normal rates outside of that time.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 11:56 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Ahhh, now I understand why, when I can't sleep and I log on here I see your name.
It sucks that you get hit so hard by the local telephone company Sibs, I'm guessing Spain aren't too bothered by monopolies.
Have you tried VOIP?

Originally posted by sibsie
I had a 15 min call plan that allowed me calls to the USA for about €18 a month. But if you go over that 15 mins you get charged top whack. What kills it for me is not having 24-7 all inclusive internet access. I'm free between 8pm and 8am but get charged normal rates outside of that time.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:01 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, now I understand why, when I can't sleep and I log on here I see your name.
It sucks that you get hit so hard by the local telephone company Sibs, I'm guessing Spain aren't too bothered by monopolies.
Have you tried VOIP?
What's a VOIP? I wanted to try internet voice chatting but Steve is on the road, or in the air a lot and he doesn't have a sound card. I'm going to snoop round his laptop next time I'm over and see if I can fix it.

We normally talk twice a day for an hour each time. We have cut back a lot though. :scared:
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:03 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Voice Over IP. Basically, talking via the internet. Hook up a webcam and you get to drool as well as talk.

You planning on going back to visit before you get your interview?

What's a VOIP? I wanted to try internet voice chatting but Steve is on the road, or in the air a lot and he doesn't have a sound card. I'm going to snoop round his laptop next time I'm over and see if I can fix it.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:12 pm
C.G.D.S

You planning on going back to visit before you get your interview?
I'm going out on the 28th Jan for a week. I need to sort out banks and stuff so I can start to transfer money from my house sale.

I'm not too sure I'd have Steve drooling over me late at night with me jim jams and fluffy slip slips on.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:18 pm
Charlie Tuna

As they say, its in the eye of the beholder. And lets be honest, fluffy slippers cant be any worse than the undies that were all the rage on here a few days ago with flags all over them...yikes!!!

I'm not too sure I'd have Steve drooling over me late at night with me jim jams and fluffy slip slips on.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:51 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Voice Over IP. Basically, talking via the internet. Hook up a webcam and you get to drool as well as talk.
Is that the same as voice chat on yahoo?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:59 pm
Charlie Tuna

Yessum, very much the same

Originally posted by jcapulet
Is that the same as voice chat on yahoo?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:01 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Yessum, very much the same
I.C. T.Y.!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

TweekysLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jan_michigan
CharlieS .. Alt 0163 should give you a £ !!

ohh and we used www.realphonecards.com ... could've done with shares in em we spent $$$

Jan
I use www.noblecom.com for my calling cards might try and compare prices I am pleased with it.. I was using calling cards from 7-11 at first and that got too expensive lol.. We use yahoo once and a while but I would rather pay for the calling card and talk on the phone everynight.. We usually spend about a hour on the phone each day and e-mail everynight.. Just curious on how much other people talk being apart??
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

trasmus will become famous soon enoughtrasmus will become famous soon enough

The Spanish phone company Telefonica is really expensive and is a monopoly though there are some call providers. Still have to have your Telefonica line though.

The best long distance plan I've found so far in the U.S. is from a company called ECG. It's 3 cents a minute for out of state calls and 6 cents a minute for my hubby to call hs family in Norway. Some places are as cheap as 2 cents a minute. If you need more info let me know.

trasmus
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

BettieBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
This reminds me of how we reduced our phone bills...

I signed up for a membership at BigZoo (http://www.bigzoo.com) so I could ring the UK for really cheap. The membership is only 75c/month, and a call to the UK is only about 3.5c/min. We still use the service to ring Mark's family back home from time to time.

They have really good rates for US-based calls to other countries, too. I recommend this service, the phone quality is clear and I rarely had any problems getting through. If I ever did have problems connecting but was charged anyway, BigZoo always refunded me after I emailed them about it.

~ Jenney

Tony and I met online a year ago this March. We met in a AOL UK chatroom, and ever since then we would spend every night & day chatting online, txt messenging, and calling each other. I have had some whopper phone bills..... but then I tried that 10-10-987 thing, you know the stupid John Stamos commercials... and it's super cheap now. we talk for 25 hours for one month and it was only $70 or so. But because we talked so much, when he did come to see me last December for my birthday we were so comfortable with each other. We are so much alike, always finishing each others sentences and stuff. I really don't think this excitement is going to fade that much.Hell, we both get excited about the same things, we're like 2 little kids.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:22 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
My hubby and I did not meet online, but if it weren't for the internet and the phone cards we would have gone bonkers!!!
Yep, I agree the internet makes communication daily much easier. Saying that we speak once a day on messenger which we have a webcam setup on, and once a day on the phone.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 2:08 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TweekysLove
I use www.noblecom.com for my calling cards might try and compare prices I am pleased with it.. I was using calling cards from 7-11 at first and that got too expensive lol.. We use yahoo once and a while but I would rather pay for the calling card and talk on the phone everynight.. We usually spend about a hour on the phone each day and e-mail everynight.. Just curious on how much other people talk being apart??

Hi Mark,

We usually talk 3-4 times which ends up being 6-7 hours per week.

Leslie
Old Jan 8th 2004, 2:11 am
Mattias Hembruch

In article <[email protected]>,
trasmus <member9525@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >Originally posted by sibsie
    >> The Spanish phone company Telefonica is really expensive and is a
    >> monopoly though there are some call providers. Still have to have
    >> your Telefonica line though.
    >> I had a 15 min call plan that allowed me calls to the USA for about
    >> €18 a month. But if you go over that 15 mins you get charged top
    >> whack. What kills it for me is not having 24-7 all inclusive internet
    >> access. I'm free between 8pm and 8am but get charged normal rates
    >> outside of that time.
    >The best long distance plan I've found so far in the U.S. is from a
    >company called ECG. It's 3 cents a minute for out of state calls and 6
    >cents a minute for my hubby to call hs family in Norway. Some places are
    >as cheap as 2 cents a minute. If you need more info let me know.

We found that phone cards FROM Canada TO the US are much better than
vice-versa. Apparently, people in the US aren't as interested in calling
Canada :-)

With a local access number, I figure I'm paying approx 1.67-1.75 CAN per
HOUR to call California (from Ontario, Canada). That's approx 3
cents/minute, but it's dead reliable and good quality. I've had some
slightly cheaper, but found they'd be unavailable at certain times, would
cut out at 5:00 am (don't ask :-), etc..

We talk 1 to 2 hours during the week most nights.. Anywhere from 2-10 on
weekends..

Mattias

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.