Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Old Oct 18th 2010, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

viddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Thanks for that I will look over the thread. I have to say its re assuring hearing peoples stories nad i've kind of felt theres n o clear guidance on any of this. This forum really helps. I'll keep everyone updated as anything comes in. fingers crossed
Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viddy
Thanks for that I will look over the thread. I have to say its re assuring hearing peoples stories nad i've kind of felt theres n o clear guidance on any of this. This forum really helps. I'll keep everyone updated as anything comes in. fingers crossed
What sort of clear guidance are you looking for? Have you checked the DCF wiki entry? It's got the steps in order, linked through the Embassy website, from start to finish.. hope it helps!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Colobound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Viddy,

Looks like we're in the same situation. Dh moves back to Denver in November and I am waiting here for the approval and then moving out to join him. Am keeping fingers crossed that it is no longer than 6 months.

I have been reading the May/June thread and some of them are only now getting their medical appointments and interviews. Someone just posted that they have their Interview on November 15th which is just over 6 months for them. Anyone know how long after the medical/ interview we will have our Visa?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colobound
Anyone know how long after the medical/ interview we will have our Visa?
I think the consulate now needs to have received your medical results before they will schedule an interview for you. If you get approved at the interview, it is supposed to take about 5 business days to get your passport back with visa inside, via courier. But it's been known to take up to 2 weeks or more.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks Rene
Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Colobound
Hi Viddy,

Looks like we're in the same situation. Dh moves back to Denver in November and I am waiting here for the approval and then moving out to join him. Am keeping fingers crossed that it is no longer than 6 months.

I have been reading the May/June thread and some of them are only now getting their medical appointments and interviews. Someone just posted that they have their Interview on November 15th which is just over 6 months for them. Anyone know how long after the medical/ interview we will have our Visa?

Hey Colobound,

Its true, My other half leaves Decemeber 20th ( I'm going with him and coming back 8th of jan as we were planning to spend Christmas and New Years there. Its going to suck coming back without him and then the wait! We're letting our place go as well so I'm hoping it happens quickly. It looks like once the approval comes its a matter of time. I hope it doesnt take too long. Is there anything I can start getting together in preparation for the next stages? Also can you go for the medical before approval;?

Viddy
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Viddy,

Glad you're going to get to spend Christmas with your OH. DH flies back to London for Christmas, thank goodness, then like you I'll be waiting to go and biting my nails!

Good question about the medical. I understood that it could only happen once you had received notification of approval of the I130 but there is a load of paperwork that they recommend we collect now. Did you click on Rene's link to the DCF filing? It really helped me to get to grips with the process.

At least we can keep one another company in the NY waiting for good news!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Apologies- it is Meauxna's link.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I-130_Filed_In_London
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You need the LND number to make the medical appointment, so not until you have that.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 9:26 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Just a slight correction re the medical: the Embassy doesn't need to have the results of your medical to schedule the interview, but it needs to know that you have booked your medical and when for before they schedule the interview.
So they now ask for a cover letter to go with the DS-2001 stating your case number, intended date of travel to the US and date of medical exam. I guess these determine the date of your interview.

Re processing times, unfortunately it looks like London has slowed down since summer and hasn't picked up since, so the process seems to be taking an extra two months or so at this point. They haven't updated their website in over two weeks now, but it still shows they're processing the 7th of July (no idea how accurate that is - last update was on the 4th of October).
We're early August filers and are still waiting to hear anything about the I-130. I keep reminding myself and my husband that patience is a virtue
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viddy
Hi All,

I'm new to these forums so excuse my ignorance. I have found reading these threads extremely useful. I'm a UKC and my husband is a USC. We've been married for 2 years 6 months and been living together in the UK for 2years 2 months. My husband just got his ILR in the uk however his company has now offered him a promotion in there US office which he;s excepted, to begin Jan 2011. So we've decided to move there and see how it goes. I filed my I130 application on the 5th October 2010, and they charged my account on the 14th October 2010. However I havent recieved anything else. Does nayone know in my situation how long it will take. We have filed the application in London as we both live here. Will i have to do anything different after he moves in Decemeber. We;re going there for Christmas and he's not coming back however as i'm sure i wont have my approval by then I'm coming back. WIll I have to take anything with me to prove i intend on coming back?
We filed our I-130 at the end of May and got the approval two months later in late July. We took about a month to get our interview readiness docs submitted, and had my interview letter back in a month with the actual interview being yesterday, and I expect my passport back next week or the week after. So that's about six months end to end for us, but we could have cut it by a month if we'd sent in our interview readiness docs straight away.

I'd suggest while you're waiting for your petition to be approved, send off for your Police Certificate and any other UK docs you might need now - e.g. your long form birth certificate (showing your parents' names) and if your husband hasn't filed any US tax returns whilst in the UK, do so to the IRS unit at the Embassy. The guide on this site's Wiki is absolutely essential for doing this.

Assuming there's nothing difficult about your case, the facts that your husband will be a) in the US, and b) working there presumably on a good salary as he's been promoted, mean that when you have your interview you should have no problems with your husband's establishment of US domicile and Affidavit of Support
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

CandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really nice

Hey everyone - I filed on the 12th October and am patiently waiting for the NOA1....

How long did it take everyone to get notice? I might see if the card's been charged...didn't think about that.

I'm a UKC and hubbys a USC. He's been living in the UK for 16 months now and we've been married a year. We decided to go back to the USA so the hubby can get his degree...he came over here so I could do mine so fair is fair! We're moving to Wisconsin, I can not wait!!!!

Good to see others in the same situation.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rpjs
We filed our I-130 at the end of May and got the approval two months later in late July. We took about a month to get our interview readiness docs submitted, and had my interview letter back in a month with the actual interview being yesterday, and I expect my passport back next week or the week after. So that's about six months end to end for us, but we could have cut it by a month if we'd sent in our interview readiness docs straight away.

I'd suggest while you're waiting for your petition to be approved, send off for your Police Certificate and any other UK docs you might need now - e.g. your long form birth certificate (showing your parents' names) and if your husband hasn't filed any US tax returns whilst in the UK, do so to the IRS unit at the Embassy. The guide on this site's Wiki is absolutely essential for doing this.

Assuming there's nothing difficult about your case, the facts that your husband will be a) in the US, and b) working there presumably on a good salary as he's been promoted, mean that when you have your interview you should have no problems with your husband's establishment of US domicile and Affidavit of Support
Hi

Thanks for your information. Where can i apply for my police report? Doe sit matter when you apply for it? How long is it valid?

Thanks
Viddy
Old Oct 25th 2010, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CandyBelle
Hey everyone - I filed on the 12th October and am patiently waiting for the NOA1....

How long did it take everyone to get notice? I might see if the card's been charged...didn't think about that.

I'm a UKC and hubbys a USC. He's been living in the UK for 16 months now and we've been married a year. We decided to go back to the USA so the hubby can get his degree...he came over here so I could do mine so fair is fair! We're moving to Wisconsin, I can not wait!!!!

Good to see others in the same situation.
Hi Candy

I submitted mine on the 4th October and still havent recieved notifce however they took the money out of our account on 11th October! So I know they have the application. From previous posts it seems like thats the norm. I think they only send you notification once they start looking at it! The website was update over the weekend so they seem to be on August apps now!!!!!!! Fingers crossed. "As of October 22, 2010, we are processing petitions filed on August 10, 2010."
Old Oct 25th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

CandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really nice

Yaaaaay Viddy! That's brill news! I am very, very excited now. We used my father-in-laws Credit card as ours wasn't suitable so I'll ask him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.