Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Old Oct 10th 2010, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Colobound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Hello,

I have found the July/ August I-130 DCF thread incredibly helpful and thought I would see if there is anyone out there who has filed in the last month?

I am the UKC and my USC husband and I sent our pack on September 23rd. It was acknowledged as received on September 27th and payment taken out the same day. It seems like processing is 3 months at the moment (which is right at Christmas so I'm not sure they will be that motivated to look at my dull old form then.)

DH is flying to Denver for his new job at the end of the month and I am getting quite nervous about being here just waiting for the interview etc. Is there anyone else sitting here in London waiting for the visa while OH is already in the US??

Thanks and wishing you all luck and a speedy approval.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

potfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Just wanted to say hello and this thread seems like a good place as we filed in Sept. I am the UKC, my wife the USC and she had only been in the UK 6 months at that point so we were very pleased to get the email notification last week, and payment taken.

Can't help with your other point as we are planning to move over together some time next summer, but I thought the whole process was more like 5-6 months? Or are you talking about just the I-130 stage?
Old Oct 11th 2010, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
Yes, I was just talking about the I-130 stage. Their website shows that they're processing I-130s from July 7th at the moment. I agree, it sounds like it will be at least 5 months. Fingers crossed that it will be sooner!
Old Oct 11th 2010, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

tilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Colobound
Hi,
Yes, I was just talking about the I-130 stage. Their website shows that they're processing I-130s from July 7th at the moment. I agree, it sounds like it will be at least 5 months. Fingers crossed that it will be sooner!
Sent ours on the 4th October, no payment taken as yet so am just waiting ...
Old Oct 11th 2010, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

SolidSnake is an unknown quantity at this point

wait so the wait is only 4-6 months? i thought it was like 2 years?

i am filing a I-130 for my wife who lives in england (we just got married to expedite the process), please tell me something happened in the last month or so, and now i wont have to wait two years for her to come here. please!
Old Oct 11th 2010, 4:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SolidSnake
wait so the wait is only 4-6 months? i thought it was like 2 years?

i am filing a I-130 for my wife who lives in england (we just got married to expedite the process), please tell me something happened in the last month or so, and now i wont have to wait two years for her to come here. please!
SolidSnake,

Your situation is completely different than the topic of this thread. You are an LPR, not a USC. You filed an I-130 in the USA, not overseas (DCF, like these folks did). You cannot, in any way, compare your case to the ones on this thread.

The good news is that right now, things have sped up for your category, and it's taking around a year for the spouse of an LPR to get an Immigrant Visa. It won't be 4-6 months, but it also probably won't be 2 years either.

You should keep an eye on the Visa Bulletin to see processing time for your case.

Rene
Old Oct 11th 2010, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Oh Solidsnake, I hope it's not that long for you and that your wife gets to join you soon.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

wareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to all

ok, i'll bite.

Wife US citizen, me UK. posted the i-130 today recorded delivery to London! so i'll keep everyone abreast of the situation....
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

johannas is an unknown quantity at this point

Filed on 2 September, Received and Processed on 13 September. Received I-797s that same week and nothing since then. USC husband called today for an update (31 days since processed date) and was told current timeline is 5 months - also filed the 485, 765 and 131 and hoping they will go quicker.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johannas
Filed on 2 September, Received and Processed on 13 September. Received I-797s that same week and nothing since then. USC husband called today for an update (31 days since processed date) and was told current timeline is 5 months - also filed the 485, 765 and 131 and hoping they will go quicker.
I think you are posting in the wrong place. This thread is for people doing Direct Consular Filing (DCF) through London. That means filing the I-130 directly at the US Embassy overseas, towards an Immigrant Visa.

From what you've posted, it sounds like you are already in the USA and are filing for an Adjustment of Status (AOS) to Permanent Resident.

1. Immigrant Visas do not require an I-485, I-765 or I-131.

2. If you are doing AOS, you needed to file the WHOLE package together...I-130 plus I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864...together in ONE package. If you've done something else, you've done it wrong. Please start your own thread if you have questions about your case.

Rene
Old Oct 14th 2010, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

tilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tilz
Sent ours on the 4th October, no payment taken as yet so am just waiting ...
Payment came through on my Amex today $355 was roughly £231, payment was taken on the 12th and they received the pack on the 6th ...
Old Oct 14th 2010, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Good news Tilz.

Thanks for clarifying that Rene. Perhaps I should make the title clearer, or open it up to all- although I was thinking it would be good to know what is happening for other DCFs.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Colobound
Good news Tilz.

Thanks for clarifying that Rene. Perhaps I should make the title clearer, or open it up to all- although I was thinking it would be good to know what is happening for other DCFs.
I wouldn't open it up to all, I'd keep it just for DCF folks. The I-130 adjudication is vastly different between filing in the USA and filing directly overseas. The timelines from the ones filing in the USA won't help you at all.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:29 am
Just Joined

viddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I'm new to these forums so excuse my ignorance. I have found reading these threads extremely useful. I'm a UKC and my husband is a USC. We've been married for 2 years 6 months and been living together in the UK for 2years 2 months. My husband just got his ILR in the uk however his company has now offered him a promotion in there US office which he;s excepted, to begin Jan 2011. So we've decided to move there and see how it goes. I filed my I130 application on the 5th October 2010, and they charged my account on the 14th October 2010. However I havent recieved anything else. Does nayone know in my situation how long it will take. We have filed the application in London as we both live here. Will i have to do anything different after he moves in Decemeber. We;re going there for Christmas and he's not coming back however as i'm sure i wont have my approval by then I'm coming back. WIll I have to take anything with me to prove i intend on coming back?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viddy
Does nayone know in my situation how long it will take.
It will take about 4-5 months from the time you file until you get the visa in your passport. There's no way to know exactly, and there's no way to speed it up. The day you enter the US with your immigrant visa (= the result of filing an I-130) you will become a US permanent resident.

Will i have to do anything different after he moves in Decemeber.
No.

WIll I have to take anything with me to prove i intend on coming back?
Yes. You'll still need to demonstrate your intent to return to the UK. If you read through some of the threads, you'll get a wealth of information as to what sort of proof you can provide.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.