Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any CSC approvals for I-751?

Wikiposts

Any CSC approvals for I-751?

Old May 17th 2006, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

kenobi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any CSC approvals for I-751?

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The 30-day period ending on November 2, 2005 started October 3, 2005.

I disagree that the time periods of October 3, 2005 to November 2, 2005 and October 11, 2005 to November 2, 2005 are a month apart. The only difference I see is that the 800 line gave you information that they are about a week ahead of the time frame given by the on-line web site [which just gives the generic 30-days].

So my first impression was right -- the 800 line CONFIRMED the on-line chart.
OK.
Can you please answer my question: What do you understand about the status of I-751 cases when you see online that NOW CSC is processing applications on Nov 02, 2005? and that NOW was on May 8.

Personnaly when i saw that on May 8 I was thinking that at that time CSC started to process with Nov 02, but yesterday they told me that are somewhere between 0ctober 11, 2005 and Nov 02. True not one month but 3 weeks
Old May 17th 2006, 7:09 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kenobi

Personnaly when i saw that on May 8 I was thinking that at that time CSC started to process with Nov 02, but yesterday they told me that are somewhere between 0ctober 11, 2005 and Nov 02. True not one month but 3 weeks
One month is not three weeks. The madness is setting in.

Seriously -- my husband's container crate arrived ON THE DAY it was scheduled to arrive. However his SSN hasn't arrived and SSA won't investigate until another 30 days has passed!

In case you haven't noticed, Obi-wan, the government doesn't give a damn about the agony of waiting or its consequences.
Old May 17th 2006, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snowbunny
One month is not three weeks. The madness is setting in.

Seriously -- my husband's container crate arrived ON THE DAY it was scheduled to arrive. However his SSN hasn't arrived and SSA won't investigate until another 30 days has passed!

In case you haven't noticed, Obi-wan, the government doesn't give a damn about the agony of waiting or its consequences.
yeah but my check was cashed next day after i sent it
Old May 17th 2006, 9:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

OK.
Can you please answer my question: What do you understand about the status of I-751 cases when you see online that NOW CSC is processing applications on Nov 02, 2005? and that NOW was on May 8.

With the I-751 cases, they seem to be all over the place in approval processing times. But really, there's nothing to fret about. Your status remains the same while the I-751 is being processed, and if you come up for naturalization eligibility, you can file the N-400 anyway, even if your I-751 is not yet adjudicated. So although it's annoying, no harm is being done if your case lags behind the processing times.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 17th 2006, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

OK.

Hi:

I've explained it already and more than once.

The on-line site shows as of May 8th shows processing of cases filed between October 3 and November 2, 2005.

The 800 line operator gave you October 11 and November 2, 2005.

The only difference is that on-line sets up a generic 30 day period while the 800 line gave you both sides rather than just assuming a 30 day window.

Given the definitions used, the information is perfectly consistent -- the both show processing of cases filed in the 30 day period ending on November 2, 2005.

Can someone else explain this? I don't know what else to say.
Old May 17th 2006, 9:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

The on-line site shows as of May 8th shows processing of cases filed between October 3 and November 2, 2005.

The only difference is that on-line sets up a generic 30 day period while the 800 line gave you both sides rather than just assuming a 30 day window.

Given the definitions used, the information is perfectly consistent -- the both show processing of cases filed in the 30 day period ending on November 2, 2005.

This makes perfect sense to me! I don't think I could have said it any better.

Rene
Old May 17th 2006, 9:50 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

If you check online that spreadsheet you will see that under "Now Processing Cases with receipt date of" for CSC is Nov 02, 2005. Well, when i called the 800 number they told me that NOW they are processing cases from the begining of October.
1: I did look up the processing date (for you) and got the Nov 02, 2005 date.
2: You said your received date is Nov 3, 2005.

To me, that looks like they are now processing I-751s in about the same neighborhood as yours (this is a good thing). In fact, yours may already be on an officer's desk.

3: The 1-800# is fondly called the MisInformation Line here and elsewhere. They usually don't know what they're talking about, especially when they don't know what they're talking about. Like with I-751s, that can't be tracked individually.

When the posted processing date is 30 days past your receipt date, *then* you have something to follow up on. Right now, it appears that they are completely on schedule.

snowbunny: If it's been +3 weeks since entry and Toon asked for a SS# on DS-230, and it hasn't arrived, CW says he should trot down and re-apply.
Old May 17th 2006, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi:

My fault, but where online says that they are processing between October 3 and Nov 2????

It says only : If you filled your case30 days or more andbefore the date shown under Processing Cases with receipt data of....please call the 800 number.

I really apologiez for this but I can see very clear that the name of the last column on the right side of that online spreadsheet is NOW Processing cases with receipt notice date of nov 02, 2005 and this was disaplayed on May 8. It means that on May 8th they were processing cases with receipt date of Nov 2, 2005).. Am i wrong here?

However i know how this process works and that we need to wait, but for me i had to cancel a business trip because of this Date shown on May 8th. I cannot be out of the country.....

Thanks everyone for the replies and again i'm sorry if I insisted too much on this subject!!!
Old May 17th 2006, 10:13 am
Just Joined

abeln2672 is an unknown quantity at this point

In response to the OP, it IS true that there's no way to tell, but asking people on here if they've heard back doesn't hurt. FYI, we filed on June 15th of '05, then replied to an RFE on 1/5, and have still yet to hear. Others on here I have heard from were approved with dates of 8/05 and even 1/06. So basically, no one knows where their app is at...all you can do is just sit back and kick up your feet.

Originally Posted by meauxna
1: I did look up the processing date (for you) and got the Nov 02, 2005 date.
2: You said your received date is Nov 3, 2005.

To me, that looks like they are now processing I-751s in about the same neighborhood as yours (this is a good thing). In fact, yours may already be on an officer's desk.

3: The 1-800# is fondly called the MisInformation Line here and elsewhere. They usually don't know what they're talking about, especially when they don't know what they're talking about. Like with I-751s, that can't be tracked individually.

When the posted processing date is 30 days past your receipt date, *then* you have something to follow up on. Right now, it appears that they are completely on schedule.

snowbunny: If it's been +3 weeks since entry and Toon asked for a SS# on DS-230, and it hasn't arrived, CW says he should trot down and re-apply.
Old May 17th 2006, 10:25 am

However i know how this process works and that we need to wait, but for me i had to cancel a business trip because of this Date shown on May 8th. I cannot be out of the country.....
Why can't you travel out of the country?

Rene
Old May 17th 2006, 10:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you have to cancel a business trip because of May 8th's update? Or rather, why would you not be able to leave the US under any of these circumstances?

abeln2672: Agreed. Actually, asking what is happening with real people and their real cases is often the best way to get an idea of what is happening in reality (evidence the 1/06 approval).
Old May 17th 2006, 10:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What do you understand about the status of I-751 cases when you see online that NOW CSC is processing applications on Nov 02, 2005? and that NOW was on May 8.
Really... why does it matter? Your status as a PR is maintained until such time as the I-751 is adjudicated. You can still travel and work, and do anything else you could beforehand. You're making this sound as though something bad is going to happen to you if your I-751 isn't adjudicated immediately. Chill out... switch to decaf.

Ian
Old May 17th 2006, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Why did you have to cancel a business trip because of May 8th's update? Or rather, why would you not be able to leave the US under any of these circumstances?

abeln2672: Agreed. Actually, asking what is happening with real people and their real cases is often the best way to get an idea of what is happening in reality (evidence the 1/06 approval).
In case of an interview me and my wife have to be here or at least just to reschedule for another date. That trip was planned for 1 month and a half with my wife toghether.
Who is going to reschedule if we are not here?...so it's canceled now

Ian: read this post and you will understand. FYI: i switched to decaf long time ago)
Old May 17th 2006, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

My fault, but where online says that they are processing between October 3 and Nov 2????

It says only : If you filled your case30 days or more andbefore the date shown under Processing Cases with receipt data of....please call the 800 number.

I really apologiez for this but I can see very clear that the name of the last column on the right side of that online spreadsheet is NOW Processing cases with receipt notice date of nov 02, 2005 and this was disaplayed on May 8. It means that on May 8th they were processing cases with receipt date of Nov 2, 2005).. Am i wrong here?

Thanks everyone for the replies and again i'm sorry if I insisted too much on this subject!!!
Hi:

The on-line chart says they are NOW processing cases filed on November 2, 2005. [BTW, lets say that CSC received say 58 cases on November 2, 2005 and 29 of them went from the "shelf" to the "floor" for processing, there would be 29 11-2-2005 cases NOT being processed.]

You say the 800 line ALSO told you that CSC is now handling cases filed on November 2, 2005.

I don't see the difference.

BTW, why couldn't you travel. You had information that indicated that even if you and your spouse were to be interviewed, it would quite some months in the future. Even if you were to take an extended vacation, you had nothing to worry about it seems.

Someone asked me about my sometimes comment that trying to track processing times is the path to madness.
Old May 18th 2006, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Hi:

The on-line chart says they are NOW processing cases filed on November 2, 2005. [BTW, lets say that CSC received say 58 cases on November 2, 2005 and 29 of them went from the "shelf" to the "floor" for processing, there would be 29 11-2-2005 cases NOT being processed.]

You say the 800 line ALSO told you that CSC is now handling cases filed on November 2, 2005.

I don't see the difference.

BTW, why couldn't you travel. You had information that indicated that even if you and your spouse were to be interviewed, it would quite some months in the future. Even if you were to take an extended vacation, you had nothing to worry about it seems.

Someone asked me about my sometimes comment that trying to track processing times is the path to madness.
What about if on Nov 3 they have received 0 cases....for example. don't tell me now that it is impossible

Where here did you see that statement: "You say the 800 line ALSO told you that CSC is now handling cases filed on November 2, 2005".

I said that when I called the 800 number 2 days ago they told me that they are working on cases somewhere between Oct 11 and Nov 02.

Based on the online dates that on May 8 they were processing from Nov 02 and based on what they told me on the phone (on May 16 they were somewhere between Oct 11 and Nov 2005) I can affirm that the dates ar not accurate and is at least one month difference between what they provide online and what they told me when I called.

That "Now" from online spreadsheet should be removed, because they cannot provide to the clients exact information, they just estimate the workload....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.