Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Why I am glad I now live in Canada - what about you ?

Why I am glad I now live in Canada - what about you ?

Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:26 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why I am glad I now live in Canada - what about you ?

Originally Posted by burton bunch
I find that very insulting - I am an intelligent person who believes that kids shouldnt be doing this stuff
You're right: kids shouldn't be doing this stuff, but they do, and the information is all there....just Google it, and voila! But this sort of thing is not confined to Manchester, or the UK; I think it's just when it's from your old "neck if the woods" it makes you feel your reasons for leaving are justified. I speak from personal experience, because that's how we felt. My OH always took great delight in reading The Advertiser online when we lived in Ontario, and pointing out all the horrors of Tameside; because of the way it was when we lived there, and still is, nothing would induce him to go back there to live......which is why we now live in deepest, darkest Sussex.
Negative news stories can be found in every newspaper the world over.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:28 am
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Two points

Teenage boys will give you 100% undivided focus when you talk about explosions and dangerous reactions in chemistry every single time…….

As for the library as a teenager I learnt the simple principles of uranium extraction purification and how to isolate the isotopes from a library book. Do you really think the librarian take that much notice who takes out what, And even (by pure luck I’ll admit) got my own copy via a church book sale
The teenage boys in our Chemistry class were to busy throwing stuff around and laughing at our cross eyed teacher to listen to anything, most of my chemistry lessons were theoretical not practical and the droning voice of a teacher was and is often ignored.
You may be right about a big town library but that was definitely not the case in my small town.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:38 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Karma sent for bothering with the umlaut
how do you forward that to a spell checker
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:45 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
how do you forward that to a spell checker
If you don't want it, just send it back
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:46 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't want it, just send it back
how do i do this?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:47 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
how do i do this?
I dont know, funnily enough its never come up before
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:48 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know, funnily enough its never come up before
well its just that FK gave me some with a comment "pmsl you're just too quick" I don't want to get a bad rep and all that
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:11 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

well its just that FK gave me some with a comment "pmsl you're just too quick" I don't want to get a bad rep and all that
You will be getting a bad rep if you insist on posting that you're too quick
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I missed the rest of the quote which went "oh well better than Butch anyhow"
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I thought you were bullying ACT1980 anyway?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:17 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the rest of the quote which went "oh well better try Butch now"
She did and she moaned and moaned and moaned....................................

Eventually I just decided it would be easier to paper the ceiling first
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:26 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Lest we forget...

Rule 2. There may be places where sexually explicit, racist, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however BritishExpats.com is NOT one of them.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:28 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

I can't take it back, you'll just have to deal with it
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:35 am
Banned

Lest we forget...

Rule 2. There may be places where sexually explicit, racist, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however BritishExpats.com is NOT one of them.
I was talking about posting...must be your mind.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:00 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Please (both of you) take the hint in the spirit it was intended, family read forum yada yada yada....I bit of inuendo here and there is OK, but dont push your luck. (Note nothing was deleted either)

You really dont want me to start paying too much attention to whats posted I suspect. If you dont believe me go to the rules and read the last bit of rule 2 that I didnt post, as it seemed like overkill under the circumstances....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.