why do you post?

Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why do you post?

Long night shifts

Live vicariously through others who are where I want to be

Reassurance that there is alway someone worse off than me

Intellectually stimulating conversation

Reassurance when I get my weekly panic

Unlimited opportunity to ask perfect strangers personal questions and then tell them how to live their lives - what woman wouldn't be right at home
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:06 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you post?

'cause it's cheaper than FedEx.

I'm retired not allowed to do anything "too" physical.

So I spend time on my computer editing my photo's and generally harassing the people on this forum.

It keeps me off the streets.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alvic
It feels like the only place where others truly understand the why, what, where, when, ifs and buts as to why we are giving up our lives in the Uk and moving off to the "other side".

You dont have to constantly explain your actions.

Great advice - I couldnt have done this without you nutters and BE

Worked in an office on my own with complete access to the internet

Great fun reading the ups and downs of everyone elses experiences.

Beats Eastenders anyday - this could be the script for a new soap - so who will come up with the best name first?

See now you are all going to have to come back for more to see what the soap name will be
Didn't they try that once "Eldorado" the one with the sun
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

veengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
My name is Rob4BC and I am a BEaddict.

could definitely join this group!!
vee
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
In enjoy inflicting immense psychological pain on others. Especially faceless strangers with no means of physical comeback.
The question was "why do you post here", not "what do you do in your spare time".

Last edited by steve666; Nov 8th 2007 at 10:57 pm. Reason: dunno
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:09 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
I can walk away any time I choose............................. (aye, right!).

It's how I like to spend some of my free time. It's the lesser of two evils - it's either coming in here or watching Judge Judy and Dr Phil on the box (ooops, I manage to do both at the same time )

I feel like I belong to a special kind of 'secret' club

I also like to see how others are coping with such a huge change in their lives

To pass on some tips to others that I have learned along the way

Oh, and I forgot.............. I am addicted

yay another judge judy addict.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I live by internet. My work is some sort of computer stuff that I reach through the internet, my domestic communication (with parents, children and other relatives) is via email and the blog, I met my partner and most of the people I know in Canada from the internet (www.guardian.co.uk/talk). Since I'm usually connected for work (including when camping, in aeroplanes, while driving a car, almost always) it's natural to post and this is a nice lazy site on which to do so.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:36 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

For those that said its better than a soap - seriously, you're right. Did everyone see the thread in the immigration forum titled "can I?" ? Most people probably missed it cause it was in the immigration forum and the title didn't give much away but it was about a long-distance love affair and quite interesting (well I thought anyway)
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NSpaul
For those that said its better than a soap - seriously, you're right. Did everyone see the thread in the immigration forum titled "can I?" ? Most people probably missed it cause it was in the immigration forum and the title didn't give much away but it was about a long-distance love affair and quite interesting (well I thought anyway)
You big softy
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:16 am
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NSpaul
For those especially that spend a large amount of time post on this forum (you know who you are!) Why do you do it?

For me its primarily because I hate my job and if it didn't have something else to do all day I'd be bored out of my mind
I'm just waiting around for the ultimate thread

1001 uses for marmite
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:20 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket
I'm just waiting around for the ultimate thread
1001 uses for marmite
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
Mostly boredom and addiction, and cos you obviously all need help!
LOL~
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:39 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Because I really do need to understand the fascination with Girly Hairwassisnames.?!

Nah, Really this is like any other online community, it gets addictive after a while. I like the sense of humour, the sense of belonging & the feeling that no matter where I might travel in Canada* there's sure to be some BE poster who can recommend where to get a decent beer!

* Perhaps not in Iqualuit.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:53 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alvic
It feels like the only place where others truly understand the why, what, where, when, ifs and buts as to why we are giving up our lives in the Uk and moving off to the "other side".

You dont have to constantly explain your actions.

Great advice - I couldnt have done this without you nutters and BE

Worked in an office on my own with complete access to the internet

Great fun reading the ups and downs of everyone elses experiences.

Beats Eastenders anyday - this could be the script for a new soap - so who will come up with the best name first?

See now you are all going to have to come back for more to see what the soap name will be
1. BE...The Movie

2. The Immigration Files

3. Somewhere in CIC

4. Desperately Seeking Canada

5. BE...The Movie Part 2

I'm also a BE addict, according to my husband anyway, I don't agree I could stop anytime I wanted...I could, it's just that I don't want to...

Charlie
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Having been to many forums, including one as a moderator, i can confirm that chat forums are addictive.

This one is one of the better ones and i come here for advice and try to help others when i can.

That is why i post here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.