Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Why a Christian Prime Minister?

Why a Christian Prime Minister?

Old Sep 18th 2015, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why a Christian Prime Minister?

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes I worked with some members of 177 Provost Company. As you say most is trying to avoid these situations but as we have seen attacks can't always be thwarted especially when the principal is in a vehicle. Did I fancy doing it then NO as the risk and reward wasn't enticing enough for me.
It's also incredibly boring. And, as with Whitney, most principals are not prepared to do what you need them to do to keep them safe.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 3:35 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

By which you mean take load of drugs and OD while in the bath?
Old Sep 18th 2015, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
By which you mean take load of drugs and OD while in the bath?
I can think of quite a few celebrities I wouldn't mourn if they did that.
The Kardashian klan springs to mind.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I can think of quite a few celebrities I wouldn't mourn if they did that.
The Kardashian klan springs to mind.
I have no issue with such families. They demonstrate to all that, no matter how un-academic one is, it is possible to make lots of money. I am surprised that more people on this forum that believe that life has dealt them a poor hand don't use them as inspiration to improve their situation.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 4:02 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy to hate on the kardishians.

I don't really know anything about them other than one of them is married to kanye west. He seems like one of those people that has a ******y public persona, but is a nice guy irl. Sort of like the opposite of hugh grant.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I challenge any of the media rags or certain media outlets to go a month without showing a picture/article of the Kardashians or Jenners unless one of them dies.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 4:14 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I have no issue with such families. They demonstrate to all that, no matter how un-academic one is, it is possible to make lots of money. I am surprised that more people on this forum that believe that life has dealt them a poor hand don't use them as inspiration to improve their situation.
The Kardashian's are a weak example of 'poor hand' as their father was a hotshot Hollywood lawyer (ie. wealthy) and their step-father is an Olympic superstar come celebrity. They were not short of connections or chutzpah. Perhaps a better example would be Paris Hilton...oh wait...
Old Sep 18th 2015, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Shard
The Kardashian's are a weak example of 'poor hand' as their father was a hotshot Hollywood lawyer (ie. wealthy) and their step-father is an Olympic superstar come celebrity. They were not short of connections or chutzpah. Perhaps a better example would be Paris Hilton...oh wait...
Did anyone really care about any of them until Kim posted that video though?

There are many ways to be dealt a poor hand, it doesn't have to be purely financial. Harry and William have done well despite having Diana for a mother and despite the wealth that came with having Charles as a father
Old Sep 18th 2015, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Did anyone really care about any of them until Kim posted that video though?

There are many ways to be dealt a poor hand, it doesn't have to be purely financial. Harry and William have done well despite having Diana for a mother and despite the wealth that came with having Charles as a father
Nobody had heard of her until she posted that video much like a lot of other so called celebs in demand.
Madonna mid 50s is still pissing off the Catholic church with her recent stage antics. Is Lady Gaga really a good singer on par with Britney Spears?
WTF is Kerry Katona or Jodie Marsh or a whole bunch of others? Have they cured cancer or brought about world peace or invented something useful?

As long as they are willing to show their ass and boobs they sell newspapers or appear on TV and they make pretty decent money by whoring themselves out and probably laugh at those gullible enough to fall for it.

Are we than as voters gullible enough to fall for our potential PMs promises?
Old Sep 18th 2015, 6:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Kardashians:
I am surprised that more people on this forum...don't use them as inspiration to improve their situation.
I don't have the figure for it.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 6:45 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Kardashians:

That didnt stop Bruce.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 7:00 pm

Kardashians:

Originally Posted by Shard
That didnt stop Bruce.
I think you colluded on this joke beforehand.

Get your coats.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Even here it's $80k topped up by up to $80k according to role.

Interestingly I came across a CBC report of NB provincial employees salaries above $100k. Something like a third of the list were above the then PM.

Most of those scraping by on $250k were all in the Health Department or Judges. Those just below $200k were NB Power and those are often the jobs ex ministers or campaign managers are rewarded with.

So plenty earning above MLA's even ministers and that's just Provincial employees.

But perhaps the route to these jobs is after one has been in politics rather than as an alternative.
My grandfather is a retired politician he went into politics because it paid better then his profession at the time which was teaching, he stayed in politics both as elected official and non-elected jobs but he would have never gotten to that point without being elected first.

The route to the better jobs for politicians seems to be getting elected first and then better offers come, how many politicians would be the same success they are without having been in politics first?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 18th 2015 at 8:25 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 1:36 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Question on the most recent application form to become Prime Minister.

Imagine you want to build an oil pipeline.. and since this is a large project costing billions of dollars and requires approval of the government who appears to lack enthusiasm for the project, how would you go about it?

Do you..
a. Ask the PM politely "please can I build it?"
b. Build it anyway and ignore the government.
c. Hire the mafia to make the PM an offer he can't refuse.
d. Try to persuade the PM by force of argument.
e. Bribe the PM.. or someone very close to him.
f. Suggest that you will need a new adviser in the future at some ludicrous salary and that the PM is on a shortlist of one.
g. Bribe a cadre of friendly MPs to stab the PM in the back and bring down the government.

Points awarded.
a. -25
b. 0
c. 5
d. -10
e. 10
f. 20
g. 25

I wonder how many points the present PM scored...

Supplementary questions in case of a draw.

a. Are you white?
b. Are you a christian?
c. Are you alive?
d. Can you speak French?
e. Are you male?

answers:
a. Y=10 N=0
b. Y=10 N=0
c. Y=-10 N=10
d. Y=0 N=10 spoiled paper=20
e. Y=0 N=0 don't know=25

Last edited by dave_j; Sep 19th 2015 at 3:21 am. Reason: forgot question