Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What's with Tim Hortons?

What's with Tim Hortons?

Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's with Tim Hortons?

Originally Posted by rgilbert
I have seen many posts about how great Tim Hortons. I have seen the Tim Hortons stores when in Canada. I have never been into them or drank their coffee, hot chocolate etc. Am I really missing something?

I'm over in Canada again in July so wondering whether I need to try myself a Tim Hortons.
Half and half - half coffee half hot chocolate with a maple top doughnut.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:57 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Score one out of two then. I've never been in a Timmies and I don't watch hockey.
Timbits Rule...it's tradition...leave airport head for the nearest Tim Horton for Coffee and Timbits... your holiday has started...total bliss yum yum!!!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Co-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud of

Timbits Rule...it's tradition...leave airport head for the nearest Tim Horton for Coffee and Timbits... your holiday has started...total bliss yum yum!!!
Leave airport...head to Tim Hortons, coffee and a raisin bran muffin....heaven!!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabc0077
The only reason I ever go into Tim Horton's is to get Timbits for my little boy otherwise I wouldn't bother.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

I think it's a bit over rated. The coffee's nothing special, the donuts are pretty nice though. The queues through the drive-thru usually put me off going there.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:24 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

No doubt that lots of people like it. The Q's (lines) are testament to that. I'm not a fan of the coffee and will get mine from Starbuck's if I can't find a Good Earth which in my humble opinion is great coffee.

Timmies sponsors lots of kids hockey, provides free stuff for them after a game and of course if you are RCMP you apparently get your beverage gratis - good stuff
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

From what I saw when I did my reccie, the only did brewed coffee? Not really my cup of tea (ha ha)...!

So I can't say anything good about them, as I don't like brewed coffee.

If what i said is true, that they are now owned by a US company, I find that really sad , as I understood them to be a good ol' fashioned Canadian firm....

Bx
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MCrocker
of course if you are RCMP you apparently get your beverage gratis - good stuff
Isn't that true of anywhere that sells doughnuts?!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandit

If what i said is true, that they are now owned by a US company, I find that really sad , as I understood them to be a good ol' fashioned Canadian firm....

Bx
They are owned by the same people that own Wendys. Also did you know the Hudson Bay Company is also owned by an American.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:36 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mc_dub
Their doughnuts are nice but you're not missing a damn thing, just that North Americans have a weird fetish for coffee and this one is a purely Canadian firm named after a hockey player

^^^ What he said ^^^ yuk
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:39 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mc_dub
Isn't that true of anywhere that sells doughnuts?!
You might say that, I couldn't possibly comment.......
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Nanook is a jewel in the roughNanook is a jewel in the roughNanook is a jewel in the roughNanook is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Score one out of two then. I've never been in a Timmies and I don't watch hockey.

I can't stand hockey, I think at the time it was the players I liked.......

I'll shut up now, giving my age away
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:40 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I do like their Ice Caps but the coffee is nothing special though it is much better than Starbucks which is YUK. I had a tea at Tim Hortons the other day and it was so sweet it was VILE! So if anyone is buying, I will have an Ice Cap (any flavour) with a blueberry muffin. Ta
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:48 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I do like their Ice Caps but the coffee is nothing special though it is much better than Starbucks which is YUK. I had a tea at Tim Hortons the other day and it was so sweet it was VILE! So if anyone is buying, I will have an Ice Cap (any flavour) with a blueberry muffin. Ta

Have to agree about Starbucks, their coffee is total pants, it's Tim Hortons for me everytime.........
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:53 pm
Been there, done that

Originally Posted by rabc0077
Have to agree about Starbucks, their coffee is total pants, it's Tim Hortons for me everytime.........
In your opinion........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.