Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What's with Tim Hortons?

What's with Tim Hortons?

Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold
Default What's with Tim Hortons?

I have seen many posts about how great Tim Hortons. I have seen the Tim Hortons stores when in Canada. I have never been into them or drank their coffee, hot chocolate etc. Am I really missing something?

I'm over in Canada again in July so wondering whether I need to try myself a Tim Hortons.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default Re: What's with Tim Hortons?

Originally Posted by rgilbert
I have seen many posts about how great Tim Hortons. I have seen the Tim Hortons stores when in Canada. I have never been into them or drank their coffee, hot chocolate etc. Am I really missing something?

I'm over in Canada again in July so wondering whether I need to try myself a Tim Hortons.
OMG!!! You've never been to Tim's???

they do the most amazing cinnamon buns, and I also love their vanilla coffee!!! Definitely one reason to move to Canada (although not very good for the waistline.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

Their doughnuts are nice but you're not missing a damn thing, just that North Americans have a weird fetish for coffee and this one is a purely Canadian firm named after a hockey player
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mc_dub
Their doughnuts are nice but you're not missing a damn thing, just that North Americans have a weird fetish for coffee and this one is a purely Canadian firm named after a hockey player
I'm shocked!!!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TheCanes
I'm shocked!!!
I'm not, don't understand their fascination for wings and ribs either
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

its the canadian way of life!!! going to timmies for a double double, (DOUBLE CREAM AND SUGAR) and their doughnuts are fab too
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:05 pm

LorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of light

Sour creme glazed Timbits - does it for me every time!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:20 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

I was mystified by the mystique of Timmy's too, but then I had a chocolate dip doughnut and I thought I'd gone to heaven. The coffee's good, too.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

I think to gain citizenship you have to like timms. Its the law
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by canbritdenise
I think to gain citizenship you have to like timms. Its the law
In that case we should get citizenship now, let alone PR.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:46 pm
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmm, Sausage and egg breakfast sandwich, with a large vanilla coffee, a very guilty pleasure after the kids have gone to school........or maybe a honey dip donut or timbits..........Mmmm
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Nanook is a jewel in the roughNanook is a jewel in the roughNanook is a jewel in the roughNanook is a jewel in the rough

Canadian born and bred and I've never tasted anything from Tim Hortons,
but I do remember watching him play hockey....
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rgilbert
I have never been into them or drank their coffee, hot chocolate etc. Am I really missing something?
To me the coffee is very bland and under-brewed (if that is such a term). I sometimes have a muffin, but the doughnuts leave me cold.

Their coffee is sort of like Molson Canadian/Labatts Blue....bland and not too challenging.

My opinion is not held by many true blue Canajuns.

Owning a TDL franchise is a license to print money, IIRC. Their franchise fees are amongst the highest in the business.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nanook
Canadian born and bred and I've never tasted anything from Tim Hortons,
but I do remember watching him play hockey....
Score one out of two then. I've never been in a Timmies and I don't watch hockey.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

BTW Tim Hortons is now American owned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.