Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What's the 'daftest' thing you've done???

What's the 'daftest' thing you've done???

Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute
Talking What's the 'daftest' thing you've done???

Ok guys, what is the daftest thing you've done - if you're willing to confess that is

I'll start the ball rolling, i'm not ashamed to tell, it'll give you a chuckle - there's a few...............

I've accidently put shampoo on my toothbrush (I was still half asleep) & luckily noticed before brushing my teeth

I've put up the ironing board then proceeded to plug in the toaster to do the ironing

........saving the best to last.......... I've dropped something off for hubby at work & chatted to him, then walked back to the car & got in the back seat

Come on, share your daftest thing
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:55 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's the 'daftest' thing you've done???

Originally Posted by Arris
Ok guys, what is the daftest thing you've done - if you're willing to confess that is

I'll start the ball rolling, i'm not ashamed to tell, it'll give you a chuckle - there's a few...............

I've accidently put shampoo on my toothbrush (I was still half asleep) & luckily noticed before brushing my teeth

I've put up the ironing board then proceeded to plug in the toaster to do the ironing

........saving the best to last.......... I've dropped something off for hubby at work & chatted to him, then walked back to the car & got in the back seat

The nipple/paint roller incident is probably right up there.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
The nipple/paint roller incident is probably right up there.
Do you care to elaborate
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:05 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Ordered a taxi by phone and went to wait for it outside.

Taxi pulled up 5 minutes later and I got into the rear seat. Sat for a minute looking at the driver who ignored me.

Prompted him to take me to my destination to which he turned around, looked shocked and said: "I'm not a taxi son. I'm just waiting for my grandson and you looked a bit like him until you spoke."

Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:09 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you care to elaborate

No, I don't care to elaborate. I don't care much for paint rollers these days, either. Use your imagination. It hurt.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:15 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

No, I don't care to elaborate. I don't care much for paint rollers these days, either. Use your imagination. It hurt.
Souv at least you'd kept your trousers on.
NOW that would have been PAINFUL.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

hard to know where to start really!

how about sprayed armpits with hair lacquer not deodorant?? a bit crunchy but it seemed to work?
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Have a few my mum who is notorious for getting things/saying things wrong has done!

When i was first with my husband many years ago he was due to go of to Germany to work. We were all sitting in the front room discussing his departure the next day when all of a sudden my mum said 'you know what you need don't you'.....me - ' no'.......mum - ' you need one of those vibrater things'.
Well there was stunned silence i can tell you.
'eh mum, what are you on about'
mum - 'you know for the flies in here'
me- ' you mean vapona mum, vapona'

shes also tried to use my remote for a cordless telephone on several occasions.

Last edited by jempee; Feb 7th 2007 at 8:45 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
hard to know where to start really!

how about sprayed armpits with hair lacquer not deodorant?? a bit crunchy but it seemed to work?
done that also.

On many occasion since i have arrived in canada i have jumped into the passenger seat rather than the drivers! normally i start rooting around in the glove box like i have got in that side on purpose.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

One of my first days at university, I was in a hurry to get my bus home, in my hurry to leave the lecture hall, I went full speed into a plate glass window that I thought was an open door...gave myself a concussion, broke my nose, and almost dislocated my jaw.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
One of my first days at university, I was in a hurry to get my bus home, in my hurry to leave the lecture hall, I went full speed into a plate glass window that I thought was an open door...gave myself a concussion, broke my nose, and almost dislocated my jaw.
funny in a sick sort of way...........sorry!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

I can laugh about it now...bf (now OH) was not too impressed to be seen out in public with my bruises...you can imagine what people thought! At least the window didn't break.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:37 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Was retracing my steps today as I lost my lovely gold bracelet yesterday. Went back to all the shops in the mall, going from one to another asking the assistants if anyone had handed it in. At the end of the day, no luck. Then, sheepishly had to retrace all my steps again as I left my gloves on a shop counter. Eventually found my gloves, bracelet lost forever methinks
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:59 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

This one happened when still back in the UK I was about twelve I think.

Sitting in front of the fire I unwrapped a chocolate bar and threw the bar in the fire and kept the wrapper.

I remember my dad used to keep his false teeth in a glass of bleach and water in the bathroom overnight. One morning he rinsed them off put them in and then gargled with the wrong glass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.