Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What makes you feel old?

Wikiposts

What makes you feel old?

Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:58 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What makes you feel old?

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
hahaha this makes me feel old right here - thinking bout the things you could do rather than doing them!!!!!
Dogs. This. Has. Thread. To. Gone. The.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

I'm only 23 but losing hair makes me feel old
Old May 1st 2009, 3:25 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Todays I feel old installment

conversation of 30 seconds ago

Tech in workshop "Watched that Biggy Small dvd last night"

Me "what the hell sortta name is Biggy Small"

Tech <blank look>

Me <resigned sigh>
Old May 1st 2009, 4:40 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Doing a routine update of my CV recently, and found myself writing the words "... 20 years experience....". Made me feel quite worn out.

I can remember starting my first job, and one of my pals asked me if there were any other young people at my work.

"Nah," I replied with all the naivety of youth. "There is one guy, but he's 26."
Old May 1st 2009, 5:47 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

god help me now I know I am getting old MANTRACKER is looking a handsome bugger to me, TV is so bad I watch that each night and now I feel like my old granny watching the same thing every night
Old May 1st 2009, 5:56 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate white
god help me now I know I am getting old MANTRACKER is looking a handsome bugger to me, TV is so bad I watch that each night and now I feel like my old granny watching the same thing every night

<I think hes quite nice too >
Old May 1st 2009, 6:04 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

............ saying to a colleague like I just have done "oooooh those shoes look comfy"

COMFY

WTF
One of my colleages - when discussing 'heels' said, no I really can't imagine you wearing heels.'

I don't wanna be old

When shopping with DD for her 1st pair of heels to go with her 1st dress in 7 years, so she could look nice for her 1st date to the school dance, I pointed out a pair of shoes with kitten heels and pointy fronts, looked nice they did. No Mum - they are old lady shoes. boohoo, I'm gonna hang meself now.

Last edited by Piff Poff; May 1st 2009 at 6:07 am.
Old May 1st 2009, 6:07 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
One of my colleages - when discussing 'heels' said, no I really can't imagine you wearing heels.'

I don't wanna be old

When shopping with DD for her 1st pair of heels to go with her 1st dress in 7 years, so she could look nice for her 1st date to the school dance, I pointed out a pair of shoes with kitten heels and pointy fronts, looked nice they did. No Mum - they are old lady shoes. boohoo, I'm gonna hang meself now.

I look forward to a nap after Sunday dinner, wear a cardigan and can't wait to go to bed at night too
Old May 1st 2009, 6:11 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I look forward to a nap after Sunday dinner, wear a cardigan and can't wait to go to bed at night too
Once upon a time looking forward to going to bed at night was so the fun could start, now it's because sleep is needed. WTF happened

There is nothing wrong with afternoon power naps! Cardigans are a bit scary though.
Old May 1st 2009, 6:12 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I fall asleep in my Lazy Boy recliner every night 15 minutes into the six o'clock news.
Old May 1st 2009, 6:14 am
Sawdust making harpy

Once upon a time looking forward to going to bed at night was so the fun could start, now it's because sleep is needed. WTF happened

There is nothing wrong with afternoon power naps! Cardigans are a bit scary though.
Here's a really embarrassing one then - remember the old ladies that you see with the big curly hairs sticking out of their chin????? I had one of those (not big and curly but can feel it growing)

I now spend hours in the mirror in the morning making sure i'm not sprouting a beard.

I don't smell of wee yet - which is good
Old May 1st 2009, 6:18 am

Here's a really embarrassing one then - remember the old ladies that you see with the big curly hairs sticking out of their chin????? I had one of those (not big and curly but can feel it growing)

I now spend hours in the mirror in the morning making sure i'm not sprouting a beard.

I don't smell of wee yet - which is good
It's not the wee you need to worry about, it's the smelling of parma violets!!!
Old May 1st 2009, 7:22 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

It's not the wee you need to worry about, it's the smelling of parma violets!!!
phew I'm glad I'm a man and only drop food onto my middle age spread. Julie threatens to buy me one of those plastic bib thingies with a catcher in it.

Until I mentioned all the bloody tena products aimed at leaky women.... then on the TV comes a Tena ad for leaky men OMG Noooooooooooooooo
Old May 1st 2009, 7:29 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
phew I'm glad I'm a man and only drop food onto my middle age spread. Julie threatens to buy me one of those plastic bib thingies with a catcher in it.

Until I mentioned all the bloody tena products aimed at leaky women.... then on the TV comes a Tena ad for leaky men OMG Noooooooooooooooo
I like being the age I am at the mo - and I think I won't mind getting older too.

However

If I were ever diagnosed with old timers disease then I'd have a blast for a month and then go and do myself in somewhere. No way on this planet would I want to be a burden on someone.
Old May 1st 2009, 7:37 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

I like being the age I am at the mo - and I think I won't mind getting older too.

However

If I were ever diagnosed with old timers disease then I'd have a blast for a month and then go and do myself in somewhere. No way on this planet would I want to be a burden on someone.
Jesus Wept, i'm moaning because i bought a super duper concealer today....OH said, thats a waste of money, you should have bought polyfilla instead

And you on about Old Timers Disease....stop it Mandy, Right Now!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.