Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What drives you nuts??

What drives you nuts??

Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:34 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What drives you nuts??

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician
I only watched BBC in the old country(only joking)
I know that without the tedious ads we would have to pay a fee for the pleasure of watching TV, but sometimes just sometimes doesn't it just drive you nuts when you see the same ad every 15 minutes. Do we really need that tooth whitener for that beautiful artificial white smile? that said I really must quit that chewing tobacco, its making such a mess of the carpet.
Well you lost me at "the pleasure of watching TV".

On your main point, I was driven nuts years ago.

Isn't it obvious?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:22 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

People that don't turn up when they say they will. So you hang about waiting until you have to go out - then they turn up:curse:

People who say they are going to call before they turn up - then just turn up as your about to go out, as you have been waiting in as long as possible for the person to turn up who said they were going to turn up and they didn't.:curse:

The way they repeat the same commercials over and over.

The people who don't pick up their dogs poops.

Wandering around the supermarket looking for an item or a similar item (to what I used to use) and I'm sure i've seen it but can't remember which supermarket it is in.

Hubby only putting half a tank of fuel in the car - WHY? Just fill the damn thing up.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

People who are late

Not being perfect

The kid opposite using a leaf blower for the past hour when he's fit enough to use a rake. No sound, no pollution, no hydro wasted with a rake, so whats with the leaf blower?

Mumblers

Background music

Echoey rooms

Overcooled airconditioned rooms so in the summer you need to take a jacket to wear indoors

That swapping the knife and fork over thing

Holding a knife like a pen.

Patients who ask me "Is this all you do all day, dont you get bored?"

Cinnamon or vanilla in everything

Phew, there, oh yes and intolerant people !!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:57 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Diesel truck drivers who leave their engines running, choking me and everyone around.

Boom boxes. I'd like to get a similar system, play country music and drive the little buggers nuts (but O/H won't let me!).

Owners of little yappy dogs who think their pooch is so adorable he couldn't possibly be annoying anyone by barking for hours at a time.

Those damned commercials where a grown man acts like a cat, especially the one where he's using the kitty litter. Good grief, whoever thought that one up should be shot!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:31 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by startwin
Diesel truck drivers who leave their engines running, choking me and everyone around.

Boom boxes. I'd like to get a similar system, play country music and drive the little buggers nuts (but O/H won't let me!).

Owners of little yappy dogs who think their pooch is so adorable he couldn't possibly be annoying anyone by barking for hours at a time.

Those damned commercials where a grown man acts like a cat, especially the one where he's using the kitty litter. Good grief, whoever thought that one up should be shot!
Completely with you on that one, it's just gross
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:00 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I drive myself nuts
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: What drives you nuts??

Very loud visitors that keep my young children up til now! :curse:

This is now a daily/nightly occurence, seems like everyone is trying to impress on us how much we will miss them.

Exhaustion not making this any easier.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

People who think that you find their little darling(s) as cute as they do - they take them to restaurants and allow them to roam around and be a bloody nuisance.

People who let their cats out - same as above - I assume they think that I love their blasted cat as much as they do.

People who sulk!! My younger son is behaving like a baby. First he wouldn't answer the phone. Then he answered the phone and I told him I was going to an appointment and I left his daughter and her friend at Chapters. To which he answered "whatever" and hung the phone up on me. I THINK he is sulking because my granddaughter was over here last night and two of her girlfriends and one boy in her class showed up. I told my son "she asked if he could come over and I said yes, so long as he is gone by 11 because grandpa and I have to work tomorrow." He said she was supposed to ask him first. So how did I know that? She goes to school with these kids and they were sitting out on the deck - all four of them!!! Does he think she doesn't speak to boys at school for heaven's sake? She is 14.

Of course I don't KNOW exactly what he is sulking about because he won't answer the friggin phone!!!

Men are so f**ing ridiculous sometimes!!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to all

What drives me nuts................ the "white man" for pedestrians when cars have the "green" to go.............. no wonder people get knocked down!