Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

We had a tornado in Fredericton!

We had a tornado in Fredericton!

Old May 29th 2015, 1:50 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default We had a tornado in Fredericton!

Gosh...just when I had finished feeling fed up with the winter, the summer has proved equally noxious.

Massive thunderstorms today, took out the power to our office, and water came in all over. Tonight it was 'RibFest' and I was out in the Exhibition Centre with a number of Air Cadets (as they had volunteered to pick up rubbish...and the recyclables) when it came back!! I've done India in the monsoon, and this was far worse. It came like a tidal wave. Really scary actually. I just got the kids all home and my son showed me a picture of the tornado over the Exhibition grounds.

Also....guess who left the window of her car down

Had to tell someone..so it's you lot! Atlantic Canada really does seem climatically challenged

Last edited by MillieF; May 29th 2015 at 1:52 am.
Old May 29th 2015, 2:28 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We had a tornado in Fredericton!

Originally Posted by MillieF
Gosh...just when I had finished feeling fed up with the winter, the summer has proved equally noxious.

Massive thunderstorms today, took out the power to our office, and water came in all over. Tonight it was 'RibFest' and I was out in the Exhibition Centre with a number of Air Cadets (as they had volunteered to pick up rubbish...and the recyclables) when it came back!! I've done India in the monsoon, and this was far worse. It came like a tidal wave. Really scary actually. I just got the kids all home and my son showed me a picture of the tornado over the Exhibition grounds.

Had to tell someone..so it's you lot! Atlantic Canada really does seem climatically challenged
Wow scary stuff... Perhaps Atlantic Canada is trying to tell you something

We were forecast a "dangerous" storm but had nothing in the end... Thank goodness! It's been bloomin sticky..

Was your car absolutely soaked?! Glad you're all ok!

Last edited by Tirytory; May 29th 2015 at 3:02 am.
Old May 29th 2015, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

I saw some pictures of the flooding on TV a couple of hours ago ....... I didn't realise you'd had a tornado though!

Glad you are all safe
Old May 29th 2015, 3:34 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my. Not the 2CV I hope?

I have a theory that the climate is first picking on places which are causing it to change before going on a globe offensive.

Athabasca wild fires, unprecedented flash flooding in Texas and now a scary tornado in NB (the latter clearly a near miss aimed at the Newfies).

It's OK though, I'll be back in NW Europe in time for the Gulf Stream to turn off.
Old May 29th 2015, 4:46 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

That looked particularly nasty.

Photos - The Weather Network

Glad you are ok.

Old May 29th 2015, 11:36 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I have a theory that the climate is first picking on places which are causing it to change before going on a globe offensive.
It's aliens.

I remember reading that NB has more UFO sightings than elsewhere.
Old May 29th 2015, 11:53 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Some more pics here

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/new-...kers-1.3091569
Old May 29th 2015, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Tornado's scare the living out of me, when I lived in Milwaukee they had these sirens that would go off when there was a warning for them, luckily there never was one, but those alarms made my heart skip a beat.

Hope the weather becomes less severe for you out that way.