British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   We had a tornado in Fredericton! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/we-had-tornado-fredericton-859136/)

MillieF May 29th 2015 1:50 am

We had a tornado in Fredericton!

Gosh...just when I had finished feeling fed up with the winter, the summer has proved equally noxious.

Massive thunderstorms today, took out the power to our office, and water came in all over. Tonight it was 'RibFest' and I was out in the Exhibition Centre with a number of Air Cadets (as they had volunteered to pick up rubbish...and the recyclables) when it came back!! I've done India in the monsoon, and this was far worse. It came like a tidal wave. Really scary actually. I just got the kids all home and my son showed me a picture of the tornado over the Exhibition grounds.

Also....guess who left the window of her car down:unsure:

Had to tell someone..so it's you lot! Atlantic Canada really does seem climatically challenged:blink:

Tirytory May 29th 2015 2:28 am

Re: We had a tornado in Fredericton!

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 11659721)
Gosh...just when I had finished feeling fed up with the winter, the summer has proved equally noxious.

Massive thunderstorms today, took out the power to our office, and water came in all over. Tonight it was 'RibFest' and I was out in the Exhibition Centre with a number of Air Cadets (as they had volunteered to pick up rubbish...and the recyclables) when it came back!! I've done India in the monsoon, and this was far worse. It came like a tidal wave. Really scary actually. I just got the kids all home and my son showed me a picture of the tornado over the Exhibition grounds.

Had to tell someone..so it's you lot! Atlantic Canada really does seem climatically challenged:blink:

Wow scary stuff... Perhaps Atlantic Canada is trying to tell you something;)

We were forecast a "dangerous" storm but had nothing in the end... Thank goodness! It's been bloomin sticky..

Was your car absolutely soaked?! Glad you're all ok!

scilly May 29th 2015 2:45 am

I saw some pictures of the flooding on TV a couple of hours ago ....... I didn't realise you'd had a tornado though!

Glad you are all safe

Novocastrian May 29th 2015 3:34 am

Oh my. Not the 2CV I hope?

I have a theory that the climate is first picking on places which are causing it to change before going on a globe offensive.

Athabasca wild fires, unprecedented flash flooding in Texas and now a scary tornado in NB (the latter clearly a near miss aimed at the Newfies).

It's OK though, I'll be back in NW Europe in time for the Gulf Stream to turn off.

Siouxie May 29th 2015 4:46 am

That looked particularly nasty.

Photos - The Weather Network

Glad you are ok.

:)

BristolUK May 29th 2015 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 11659768)
I have a theory that the climate is first picking on places which are causing it to change before going on a globe offensive.

It's aliens.

I remember reading that NB has more UFO sightings than elsewhere.

magnumpi May 29th 2015 11:53 am

Some more pics here

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/new-...kers-1.3091569

scrubbedexpat091 May 29th 2015 11:02 pm

Tornado's scare the living out of me, when I lived in Milwaukee they had these sirens that would go off when there was a warning for them, luckily there never was one, but those alarms made my heart skip a beat.

Hope the weather becomes less severe for you out that way.