Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

We got the phone call we all dread!

We got the phone call we all dread!

Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:45 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default We got the phone call we all dread!

Yep this morning we were awakened by the phone. We have had some devastating news. My MIL was killed in a car accident this morning. So the panicky trying to find flights and not knowing when anything is actually happening thing has been going on today. Then of course there is the guilt of not being closer and not being able to get there sooner. Earliest flight is Wednesday, so hubby is taking that and daughter and I will follow on a few days later - unless it all happens sooner than that, then we all fly out together.

Both my hubby's boss and my boss have been fabulouus with offers of rides to the airport etc.

Probably won't be around to much in the next couple of weeks. So I'll see you all soon.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:47 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We got the phone call we all dread!

Oh Piff! I'm so sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and yours!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:47 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that. Let the airlines know that it is a bereavement flight, they hold some seats and charge lower fares for that purpose.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:48 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Yep this morning we were awakened by the phone. We have had some devastating news. My MIL was killed in a car accident this morning. So the panicky trying to find flights and not knowing when anything is actually happening thing has been going on today. Then of course there is the guilt of not being closer and not being able to get there sooner. Earliest flight is Wednesday, so hubby is taking that and daughter and I will follow on a few days later - unless it all happens sooner than that, then we all fly out together.

Both my hubby's boss and my boss have been fabulouus with offers of rides to the airport etc.

Probably won't be around to much in the next couple of weeks. So I'll see you all soon.
Ah, shit. My sympathies piff poff.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Oh how awful. Thinking of you
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

As Novo said - Oh shit! Sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:53 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

shit, Piff, that's horrible for you all. I'll be thinking of you,

All the best to you and your family

The Miggins xx
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:54 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear that. in thoughts with you.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

How awful, my sympathies are with you all
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:58 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Hey...Piff Poff so sorry for your families loss, really hope you can find a flight in time.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Sorry Piff - awful news - hope the flights come together for you.
Lots of love x.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Piff, going from Calgary to where?

Please advice. I'm good at finding flights. Airlines also have bereavement fares, just so you know. If I can help you find flights you can book, I will spend time doing that.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you all.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:30 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep this morning we were awakened by the phone. We have had some devastating news. My MIL was killed in a car accident this morning.
That is very sad. Sympathies...
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

This is such awful news........

Our thoughts are with you.... be strong!

Linda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.