Visitor fatigue

Old Sep 23rd 2016, 10:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor fatigue

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
Perhaps you'd be afraid that you would cutoff your supply of free accommodation when visiting the U.K. 😱😱😱
I've never been back and have no plans to.

Personal and misplaced dig aside, aren't you rather missing the point about families? Good and bad parts, rough with the smooth and all that.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 10:47 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

There's many mean spirited people posting on this thread. It you don't want friends/relatives staying with you then have the testicular fortitude to tell them NO.
I'm too chicken sh1t to say no. I would love to say eff off after 3 days please but what comes out of my mouth is more like "sounds great, stay as long as you like."
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 10:52 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I like my visitors, the current one especially but it is tiring trying to be a good host and tour guide. I don't keep in touch with people I don't like so they wouldn't be asking to visit.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 11:01 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I like my visitors, the current one especially but it is tiring trying to be a good host and tour guide. I don't keep in touch with people I don't like so they wouldn't be asking to visit.
What about those friends from whom you may have drifted apart, and don't necessarily want to see, but who are keen to visit you (for their own convenience)? I have one like that, I don't wish to be rude, but at the same time, dislike being asked for hospitality after years of minimal contact.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 11:06 pm
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, somewhat, but at least one wouldn't be squirming and rolling eyes every time the visitor entered your company or spoke to you. Perhaps you'd be afraid that you would cutoff your supply of free accommodation when visiting the U.K. 😱😱😱
When it's the in-laws there's an obligation to have them visit so you don't always have a choice, but I haven't spent a single night in their house and have no intention to ever do so. I have happily paid for hotels so I don't have to stay with them.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

our visitors are told before they arrive ...we all work ....cant afford tae eat out much...if you use the truck you better put fuel in it and YOU buy the flat o beer and WE are not a café...and enjoy your self!
Old Sep 24th 2016, 1:08 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
What about those friends from whom you may have drifted apart, and don't necessarily want to see, but who are keen to visit you (for their own convenience)? I have one like that, I don't wish to be rude, but at the same time, dislike being asked for hospitality after years of minimal contact.
i suppose that would depend on how long they wanted to stay and how much it matters if you offend them by refusing.

I don't have anyone in that category really. I dont send Christmas cards so any other contact is meant. I'm a marmite type of person, either loved or hated so people who ask to visit want to see us and not bum free accomodation.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 1:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the answer

Old Sep 25th 2016, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I love this thread. Makes me realize I'm by no means the only one who finds it difficult to tolerate guests. I'm always so relieved to have the place back to myself.

My daughter is always asking to have friends to sleep over. I dread it.

S
Old Sep 25th 2016, 12:50 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

As a positive counter point. I love it when my brother visits. I get to see him every two years or so.
I don't mind acting as a fully inclusive resort for him, as he spends a lot of his time doing stuff for my parents. Running them to hospital appointments and the like.
I consider it my way of thanking him for all he does for them.
He's also hilarious to be around
Old Sep 25th 2016, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Lol Im sure my worst enemy would
Why would you ever take tea with your worst enemy?
Old Sep 25th 2016, 3:16 pm
Oscar nominated

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 3:21 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously you don't get humour very well here do you?