Visitor fatigue

Old Sep 21st 2016, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor fatigue

About a day, having visitors stresses me out.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 9:27 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

So glad I'm not alone! I do look forward to the visitors but it's so tiring,
Old Sep 21st 2016, 9:29 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
About a day, having visitors stresses me out.
^^ This. It's always fun to see a friend swing by and turn the guest room into a zoo after you spent a full day scrubbing the house from top to bottom.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 9:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bats
Seven days in to a fourteen day visit and I'm feeling battered. My visitor has done nothing wrong, she's friendly, helpful, no trouble at all but I'm feeling the strain of entertaining, deciding what to eat, where to visit, what to see. Talking even, I'm not used to talking and listening all day.

How long do you last before you collapse on the couch clutching paracetamol?
That's me that is.

Being in New Zealand we seem to have an annual stream of visitors. I love seeing them and playing catch up and all that but it is as you say, quite hard work to make their stay enjoyable as it can be.

My days are quite quiet without people around all the time so I know what you mean about the talking and listening. I usually find I end up with a weird type of sore throat which I think is my vocal chords getting rid of the rust on them.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 10:01 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I think a lot of you are just looking for things to be stressed out by. I'd of thought most of you would be at work all day and so your visitors would just take care of themselves, then all you have to do is meet up for dinner somewhere.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 10:48 pm
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

We normally have at least 3 sets of visitors a year. Some take care of themselves, others have to be wet nursed. The only things that irritate me are everyone sits around and waits for me to get home to cook, and they all think we are on holiday too. So staying up drinking until 2am every freakin night is acceptable.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 11:04 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

In 10 years in Australia I've had one visitor who stayed 2 weeks. I work all day so gave her the bus/train schedule and a bunch of pamphlets of stuff to do.

When I visit Canada I either stay with my sister, which is like being at home, or if I'm not alone I stay at an AirBNB house so I can do what I want and not impose.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 12:09 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on making it to 7 days! When the in-laws came to visit 1 day was too long, and they stayed for 3 weeks We had a number of things planned for them but the only things they wanted to do was sit in the garden and eat at expensive restaurants. (Cheap) alcohol did help.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 12:12 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cxx
Well done on making it to 7 days! When the in-laws came to visit 1 day was too long, and they stayed for 3 weeks We had a number of things planned for them but the only things they wanted to do was sit in the garden and eat at expensive restaurants. (Cheap) alcohol did help.

Do live anywhere nice?
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 12:19 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Do live anywhere nice?
No, but they never do anything else at home so I suppose they just wanted to continue as normal, and the restaurants weren't anything special but they just wanted the ones that cost more even if they weren't better than the cheaper ones

and just in case it isn't obvious I don't like the in-laws
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by cxx
No, but they never do anything else at home so I suppose they just wanted to continue as normal, and the restaurants weren't anything special but they just wanted the ones that cost more even if they weren't better than the cheaper ones
That is unfortunate but I'm afraid that is quite a common thing. Most people have appalling taste when it comes to restaurants.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cxx

and just in case it isn't obvious I don't like the in-laws

Were they picking up the tab?
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 12:48 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oink
That is unfortunate but I'm afraid that is quite a common thing. Most people have appalling taste when it comes to restaurants.
Tell me about it! They took us to some real horrors in the UK too!
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 12:49 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thistlehollyberry
Were they picking up the tab?
They offered once or maybe twice, but otherwise we were, so they had to slum it a few times and we certainly knew they weren't happy about it. Oh well, they haven't been back since, so maybe that's the answer if you want the visits cut short
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
I don't get many visitors, which is just as well. The worst thing about moving so far away is that any who do come want to stay for so long to make it 'worth it'. It doesn't take long before everything annoys me unfortunately. Someone just being there is such a strain that even people trying not to be annoying is annoying.
Can I come for a visit? I promise I'll leave before I become annoying 😎

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.