Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The UK has had snow !!!!!

The UK has had snow !!!!!

Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default The UK has had snow !!!!!

Only 5 cm of the stuff and they have had to close Gatwick Airport becuase of severe weather

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6338151.stm

Just made me laugh - hope we dont get anymore we might all freeze into statues
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The UK has had snow !!!!!

Yep, we have quite a bit of snow here in Bucks, and still more coming down.
Took daughter to bus stop this morning at 7am, and the school phoned at 7.30 to say most Bucks schools are shut. So she came home....

She's ecstatic - a 'snow' day which co-incides with a French exam! Yey!
Oh to be eleven again!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The UK has had snow !!!!!

Fantastic isn't it? We have had about 3 inches where I am in the Cotswolds and it is still snowing. My daughter and I will be building a snowman later.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Brings out the inner child!
We've got about the same amount - and it's still snowing! Ages since that's happened. Yey!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold

oh damm, mum meant to be flying to oz today hope the delay not too long.......... not seen her nearly for 2 years
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Fingers crossed for her.....snow rarely lasts long here so hopefully delay won't be tooooo long.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

hcastles will become famous soon enoughhcastles will become famous soon enough

I'm in scotland just outside glasgow.... nothing..... just -1C this morning which is warmer than its been the last four mornings!!!!

IT IS NOT FAIR...... WE WANT SNOW.....
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

You have our sympathies! (Just as soon as we get back from making a snowman!)

Still snowing here...
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

Its the main topic on GMTV!
3 reporters out in England commenting on 4-6" of snow!
I too am in Central Scotland and here 6" is normally counted as just a flurry!
I remember getting up one morning and there was a snowdrift where my car should have been. I dug it out, scraped it off and started it up, opened the bonnet to put screen wash in, only to find that the snow had swirled up and filled the whole engine compartment.
Still made it to my work on time!
@ 04:30am it's fun skidding around the parking lot! LMAO!
Kenny
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

I know, us southern softies are all wimps, but we don't get much snow....so we get all excited when it does come.....I do remember when we lived over on the Welsh border that we were snowed in (with 'real' snow for a weekend, without electricity. Was fun for the first 24 hours......
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Now I Am Realyy Pished Off..... Jumping Up And Down In Right Strop... We Have Clear Blue Skies And Even The Frost Is Now Melting
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Give us your address, and we'll mail you some!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

me thinks it might be a bit liquidy by the time it gets here!!!!!!

How are you today....... must be sad like me and look at this site most days.... well every day actually!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Fine, thanks. Yep, since discovered the site doing lots of research, so this site gets plenty of hits from me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.