Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The UK has had snow !!!!!

The UK has had snow !!!!!

Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:34 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The UK has had snow !!!!!

Ya bunch of UK pussies

Just wait until you get here and get 3 foot of snow in one night YES 3 bloomin foot

We are averaging temps down at around -15 to -22 just now, with wind chill its about -20ish to -30ish, you lot are only gettin pussy termperatures in the UK !!!!!

A few pickes of what we had recently, the temp -19 was taken inside my car a few days ago and the snowy ones was when we had 3 foot in one night !!

So be warned all of those heading this way, bring yer winter woollies

Eddie
Attached Thumbnails The UK has had snow !!!!!-dscn0305.jpg   The UK has had snow !!!!!-dscf0101.jpg   The UK has had snow !!!!!-dscf0088.jpg  
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna

Do you remember people in the UK saying .... "Hmmm no, it's too cold to snow"
I've never been able to work this one out - there are so many places in the world where it is VERY cold & it snows
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:19 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

pussies nah.we in the uk are not pussies,we just like it when it does snow.the thing is,washing machines work wonders.it washes out salt stains and the likes the snow may be thick and us lot still in the uk are ready to take it full on (just like you,before you moved over to canada)me ,well its the icy cold winds and rain together I will moan about.snow I love it.so long as I dont have to try and push a wheelchair in the stuff.kinda gets stuck.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

It is snowing again here in the Cotswolds - not proper big snow flake snow but still exciting. (Can't remember the last time it snowed two days running in the UK.)
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate white
pussies nah.we in the uk are not pussies,we just like it when it does snow.the thing is,washing machines work wonders.it washes out salt stains and the likes the snow may be thick and us lot still in the uk are ready to take it full on (just like you,before you moved over to canada)me ,well its the icy cold winds and rain together I will moan about.snow I love it.so long as I dont have to try and push a wheelchair in the stuff.kinda gets stuck.
h he he Kate, icy cold winds and rain, here that equals icy cold winds and freezing rain. Think of freezing fog but with attitude and you get close to the pain of having skin almost ripped of your face!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:08 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

and you not kiddin,we were out in the cold.went to the chinese cash and carry,yip went nuts and bought loads a stuff will spend all of next week cooking up chinese meals and freezing some.tonight its aramatic duck yum yum.then I will freeeeeeeez that duck.my feet are still really cold:niver got round to doing breakfast (slept in untill 11am)
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Scotty1972 will become famous soon enoughScotty1972 will become famous soon enough

This made me laugh.......(from the BBC report)

"Overnight temperatures could fall to as low as -3C (26F)"

Here the high of -15 degrees tomorrow ..... and still it snows!

When growing up in Blairgowrie NE Scotland, we used to have at least a monnth of Snow on the ground in the winter, the local loch was used for curling etc, and most local villages had outdoor curling rinks. So we should not forget that prior to Global warming and only a few years ago it did used to get pretty severe in Winter. In fact the coldest recorded temp in Scotland is -25 at Braemar.

Rgds Scotty
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:28 pm
Lloydminster AB

we use to ice skate on the pond at the rooken glen park and one time the ice cracked and you niver seen us skate so fast off the ice.ah but it was fun
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Scotty1972 will become famous soon enoughScotty1972 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kate white
we use to ice skate on the pond at the rooken glen park and one time the ice cracked and you niver seen us skate so fast off the ice.ah but it was fun
I recall some smart aleck driving his car on ice at our local loch, oh thats right it was my elder brother. I always wondered how he would explain loosing it too my mother if the ice craked

Rgds Scotty

Last edited by Scotty1972; Feb 10th 2007 at 10:12 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:08 pm
Lloydminster AB

Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:15 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotty1972
When growing up in Blairgowrie NE Scotland, we used to have at least a monnth of Snow on the ground in the winter, the local loch was used for curling etc, and most local villages had outdoor curling rinks. So we should not forget that prior to Global warming and only a few years ago it did used to get pretty severe in Winter. In fact the coldest recorded temp in Scotland is -25 at Braemar.

Rgds Scotty
I'm not denying Scotand and parts of northern England are used to snowy cold weather, I was just chuckling at the bit I quoted ......

I remember visiting my mate in Aberdeenshire and asking what the sticks at the side of the road were. She explained that when the snow was several feet deep and came over the hedges, they were the only way folks could tell where the road was meant to be!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

This made me laugh.......(from the BBC report)

"Overnight temperatures could fall to as low as -3C (26F)"

Here the high of -15 degrees tomorrow ..... and still it snows!

yes I do, and I remember reading something about it saying that in the UK its pretty much true as the north/north west wind usually brings snow, but colder weather comes with and east wind and no snow.

one of those useless pieces of info that fill my brain !
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not denying Scotand and parts of northern England are used to snowy cold weather, I was just chuckling at the bit I quoted ......

I remember visiting my mate in Aberdeenshire and asking what the sticks at the side of the road were. She explained that when the snow was several feet deep and came over the hedges, they were the only way folks could tell where the road was meant to be!

Some people though have forgotten what it was like Morwenna, or should I say dont realise that winter does (did) occur in some parts of the UK. Anyway if global warming predictions are right and the noth atlantic drift will alter its direction, then the UK is destined to loose a bit of its landmass (bye bye london) and get a colder climate, as the north altlantic drift is why the climate remains relatively mild, particularly on the west cost of scotland.

Rgds Scotty