Trayvon case

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:03 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trayvon case

Originally Posted by dbd33
What was Martin convicted of during the case that started with his death?
He was convicted of aggravated assault and battery with intent to kill or maim. Thus, if he'd actually survived the shooting, he would have likely been jailed.

Do keep up.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
He was convicted of aggravated assault and battery with intent to kill or maim. Thus, if he'd actually survived the shooting, he would have likely been jailed.

Do keep up.
I can't find a news report for that. I thought the way trials went was that someone was in the dock and might be convicted, in this case Zimmerman, while everyone else was not in the dock and couldn't be convicted. Further, I'm surprised to hear that someone who is not on trial can be convicted despite being dead.

Strange laws in Florida.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:17 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't make sense because you're totally off with the timeline established during the case. It's easy to make it sound like he was told not to follow while inside his car and then say he exited the car after being told this but it's simply not accurate.

He was asked if he was following long after he was out of the car. At this point he was actually nowhere near Martin who had left and was in a different area.

After being told not to follow he stopped and began walking back towards his car. This is where the altercation occurred after Martin, having reached the house he was staying at to the south (established by his own words on a phonecall he made), magically doubled back and traveled ~100m in the wrong direction to actually initiate the direct confrontation. Note it's Martin who starts the fight and witnesses confirm him beating Zimmerman on the ground.

That's why the only person convicted of anything during the case was Martin and not Zimmerman.

It's easy to see people being manipulated by the media here. Just like "MillieF" talking about Stand Your Ground...which wasn't actually relevant or used in either the Zimmerman or Alexander cases as far as I'm aware.
Didn't know that. Do you have a link to a good article covering the specifics of the confrontation?
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't make sense because you're totally off with the timeline established during the case. It's easy to make it sound like he was told not to follow while inside his car and then say he exited the car after being told this but it's simply not accurate.

He was asked if he was following long after he was out of the car. At this point he was actually nowhere near Martin who had left and was in a different area.

After being told not to follow he stopped and began walking back towards his car. This is where the altercation occurred after Martin, having reached the house he was staying at to the south (established by his own words on a phonecall he made), magically doubled back and traveled ~100m in the wrong direction to actually initiate the direct confrontation. Note it's Martin who starts the fight and witnesses confirm him beating Zimmerman on the ground.

That's why the only person convicted of anything during the case was Martin and not Zimmerman.

It's easy to see people being manipulated by the media here. Just like "MillieF" talking about Stand Your Ground...which wasn't actually relevant or used in either the Zimmerman or Alexander cases as far as I'm aware.
It will be interesting to see if Zimmerman initiates claims against the government and media outlets for the way this has been handled.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
It will be interesting to see if Zimmerman initiates claims against the government and media outlets for the way this has been handled.
You'd think he'd want to quietly sneak out of the country, not draw more attention to himself.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:30 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

You'd think he'd want to quietly sneak out of the country, not draw more attention to himself.
You'll love his recent escapades helping someone out of an overturned truck.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:32 pm
The ride never ends

Originally Posted by Shard
Didn't know that. Do you have a link to a good article covering the specifics of the confrontation?
I'm sure some exist. I watched the live streams during the case to get the sequence.

I'd imagine you'd need to look for words like "timeline" or "map of the t" (T being the shape of the roads in the area of the shooting). They'll likely throw up some timed sequences of events.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:34 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure some exist. I watched the live streams during the case to get the sequence.

I'd imagine you'd need to look for words like "timeline" or "map of the t" (T being the shape of the roads in the area of the shooting). They'll likely throw up some timed sequences of events.
Ok thanks. Missed the live streams at the time.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Self defence?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ody-phone.html
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:40 pm
The ride never ends

Ok thanks. Missed the live streams at the time.
I don't usually have any interest in American court cases but being off work due to waiting for PR I had plenty of time unfortunately.

Those incredulous about the verdict are usually the ones who didn't look closely at the facts and law as it was portrayed in Florida. Or got their opinion off Nancy Grace.

I found some of it pretty strange myself but based on what was presented this was the only outcome that could have been reached I feel.

Others simply have massive chips on the shoulder to the extent they all went into misdirected racist rages against "white" people gaming the system. Zimmerman himself apparently doesn't even identify as simply "white". Seems he has a fairly mixed lineage including a black grandparent or some such.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:45 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I don't usually have any interest in American court cases but being off work due to waiting for PR I had plenty of time unfortunately.

Those incredulous about the verdict are usually the ones who didn't look closely at the facts and law as it was portrayed in Florida. Or got their opinion off Nancy Grace.

I found some of it pretty strange myself but based on what was presented this was the only outcome that could have been reached I feel.

Others simply have massive chips on the shoulder to the extent they all went into misdirected racist rages against "white" people gaming the system. Zimmerman himself apparently doesn't even identify as simply "white". Seems he has a fairly mixed lineage including a black grandparent or some such.
Zimmerman isn't black nor white. He's hispanic through Peruvian ancestry. White people don't have a monopoly on racism.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:15 pm
Yo

Zimmerman isn't black nor white. He's hispanic through Peruvian ancestry. White people don't have a monopoly on racism.
This is very true.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:16 pm
Yo

What was Nancy's view?
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:18 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by jimf
It's the American way. They are inherently a much more violent society than the UK or Canada.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:18 pm
The ride never ends

What was Nancy's view?
Nearly in tears, as per usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM8IHGP4rSc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.