Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toon Army / EPL thread

The Toon Army / EPL thread

Old Apr 26th 2012, 11:56 pm
100% chelsea

sw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
yes it is pretty sad but nothing surprises me any more l see both players lawyers
have got involved, if he plays for qpr on sunday l wonder what reception the chelsea
fans will give him pretty hostile l think.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sw6blue
yes it is pretty sad but nothing surprises me any more l see both players lawyers
have got involved, if he plays for qpr on sunday l wonder what reception the chelsea
fans will give him pretty hostile l think.
Okay, I just need to know for FF. Does Lampard play both upcoming home games for Chelsea do you think?
Old Apr 27th 2012, 12:21 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Mike
Okay, I just need to know for FF. Does Lampard play both upcoming home games for Chelsea do you think?
I think you should start a new FF thread. But I certainly hope they don't rest him against the Toon. Whoever they fielded instead would be a bigger threat.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 12:34 am
100% chelsea

sw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by London Mike
just my take on things, lampard will be rested on sunday but l think he will play
against novo`s codes on wednesday and against the scoucers in the cup final
next saturday.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 12:37 am
100% chelsea

I think you should start a new FF thread. But I certainly hope they don't rest him against the Toon. Whoever they fielded instead would be a bigger threat.
novo mate lampard still has a lot to offer in my honest opinion
Old Apr 27th 2012, 12:40 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

just my take on things, lampard will be rested on sunday but l think he will play
against novo`s codes on wednesday and against the scoucers in the cup final
next saturday.
Excellent. The buffoon will certainly help "my codes".

BTW I'm still perfectly happy, indeed delirious, that Toon are in Europe next year whatever happens in their last 4 games. You have to allow me to dream of another couple of unbelievable successes in the rather tricky run in to the end.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 12:43 am
Born again atheist

novo mate lampard still has a lot to offer in my honest opinion
Fair enough. I think he's well past his prime, but whatever.

<bad luck against Joey Barton's and Anton Ferdinand's QPR>
Old Apr 27th 2012, 1:11 am
100% chelsea

Excellent. The buffoon will certainly help "my codes".

BTW I'm still perfectly happy, indeed delirious, that Toon are in Europe next year whatever happens in their last 4 games. You have to allow me to dream of another couple of unbelievable successes in the rather tricky run in to the end.
novo you dislike lampard like a lot of people may l ask why.
newcastle have done very well to get into europe, you dream on a big game on
wednesday for both clubs, chelsea need to win all there remaining games to get that
4th spot.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 1:16 am
100% chelsea

Fair enough. I think he's well past his prime, but whatever.

<bad luck against Joey Barton's and Anton Ferdinand's QPR>
bad luck novo,joey barton and his crew will get turned over
Old Apr 27th 2012, 1:44 am
Born again atheist

novo you dislike lampard like a lot of people may l ask why.
newcastle have done very well to get into europe, you dream on a big game on
wednesday for both clubs, chelsea need to win all there remaining games to get that
4th spot.
It's not that important really, but I think Frank Lampard is one of those players, typically English, who try hard but don't accomplish much except achieving celeb status.

He's also a dirty bastard.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 1:52 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

They should suspend the two players fom the game.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 11:43 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of football business that caught my eye this year was SAFC selling Henderson for <if "ridiculous" isn't the word, I'm not sure what is> 20 million while buying Mclean for 350k GBP.

The reason I mention this is that I just had a quick scan through some stats in the PL fantasy league player info and noticed:

Mins played Pts
McClean: 1575 88
Henderson 2343 80

So that's (I reckon):

3977.27 GBP per point for McClean

and...

250000 GBP per point for Henderson.

(Difference being 246,022.73 GBP/point)

Was there a better deal done this season??!!

Last edited by Greenhill; Apr 28th 2012 at 12:20 am. Reason: Beer
Old Apr 27th 2012, 11:46 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
A bit of football business that caught my eye this year was SAFC selling Henderson for <if "ridiculous" isn't the word, I'm not sure what is> 20 million while buying Mclean for 350k GBP.

The reason I mention this is that I just had a quick scan through some stats in the PL fantasy league player info and noticed:

Mins played Pts
McClean: 1575 88
Henderson 2343 80

So that's (I reckon):

19555 GBP per point for McClean

and...

682885.19 GBP per point for Henderson.

Was there a better deal done this season??!!
Demba Ba on a free?
Old Apr 28th 2012, 12:17 am
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Nice!

Carroll out for 35 million and Ba in for free (I wasn't aware of the nature of Ba's acquisition).

............ mins pts cost
Ba:........2379 157 0
Carroll:..1804 76 35000000

Ba = 15 mins per point and 0 GBP per point
Carroll=23.73 mins/point and 460526.32 GBP/point

A difference of 460,526.32 GBP, which is so funny it's not even funny

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
Demba Ba on a free?
Old Apr 28th 2012, 12:59 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Nice!

Carroll out for 35 million and Ba in for free (I wasn't aware of the nature of Ba's acquisition).

............ mins pts cost
Ba:........2379 157 0
Carroll:..1804 76 35000000

Ba = 15 mins per point and 0 GBP per point
Carroll=23.73 mins/point and 460526.32 GBP/point

A difference of 460,526.32 GBP, which is so funny it's not even funny
I'm not quite sure of how this metric is being calculated, but I'd like to put in a word for Papisse Cisse. Cost 9 million (pounds), 11 goals in 10 games so far.

Edit: Ah, you're all talking fantasy football. meanwhile Toon are living in a fantasy world. Carry on.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Apr 28th 2012 at 1:14 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.