Thanks Giving...

Old Oct 11th 2011, 12:00 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks Giving...

It's hot in Guelph so we barbecued, ate salad and went for a ride in the open convertible. All that roasting is better suited to Christmas or the unhypenated Thanksgiving.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 12:01 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's hot in Guelph so we barbecued, ate salad and went for a ride in the open convertible. All that roasting is better suited to Christmas or the unhypenated Thanksgiving.
Hot? As in summer hot? Piff is warming to the idea of Ontario more and more
Old Oct 11th 2011, 12:37 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Hot? As in summer hot? Piff is warming to the idea of Ontario more and more
26 c according to the car thermometer. We drove up through Beaver Valley, a famous spot for foliage.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 12:40 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

26 c according to the car thermometer. We drove up through Beaver Valley, a famous spot for foliage.
Lovely, it's been warm enough here for raking leaves and apples in a long sleeve t shirt, but not for sitting around. As if OH needed more ammunition
Old Oct 11th 2011, 12:45 am
Assimilated Pauper

Picture taken this weekend.

We passed some nice cars, MGA 1600, Sunbeam Tiger, lots of finned Americana, Graduate style Alpha in a horrible green colour, plate GRNOUI.

On edit: picture taken but not attached successfully shows thermometer on deck, it reads 120F.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 1:42 am

Sticks fingers in ears and goes nanananana I'm not listening

Just been looking at flights for Spring Break, $1500 for all three of us - not bad, got to get some of the Christmas flights paid off first though (or a car or two sold, he's been on a bit of a spending spree). I'm starting to come to terms with leaving mountains behind...
Old Oct 11th 2011, 2:31 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Picture taken this weekend.

We passed some nice cars, MGA 1600, Sunbeam Tiger, lots of finned Americana, Graduate style Alpha in a horrible green colour, plate GRNOUI.

On edit: picture taken but not attached successfully shows thermometer on deck, it reads 120F.
there was some sort of event involving queues of people, many in elderly motor vehicles, around Belfountain and more around Erin this afternoon. I only know this because we decided, on a whim and remembering a recommendation from a thread on here, to go for a child-friendly hike in the Forks of the Credit provincial park. Not been there before, shan't bother again without checking a traffic report first. However, there was the usual collection of TR6s (and even a yellow Spitfire, Piff...), MGs, Austin Healeys, buckets of Detroit muscle from mid-60s to hideous 80s plastic fantastic, and plenty of fabulously OTT chrome-n-fins 50s stuff sitting in the traffic jams. My youngest, not quite two, likes the noise a big ol' V8 makes. "Cool cars" he enthused, to the chagrin of his dad who would prefer a little less ain't-no-substitute-for-cubic-inches engineering and a few acres less chrome in his old motors.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 2:33 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Nice cake hopefully it was well soaked with brandy.
for a five-year-old? No, but the bottles behind it in the picture are a little emptier today than they were two evenings ago.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:18 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I spent Thanksgiving producing a PowerPoint presentation for a colleague to give at a conference in Hong Kong. I think I got a raw deal there but I take comfort from knowing that she will get mauled by the audience.

Souvette spent most of the day tiling the upstairs bathroom and working on what turned out to be a very nice pot roast. We invited over a neighbour and her son. She brought freshly made soda bread and brownie. The four of us dined in the gazebo. All very pleasant.

Tonight may well be the last gazebo dinner of the year. This could be the last nice day and I'll be away lots as of Monday (Toronto, UK and Vancouver), so I suspect next weekend will involve some winterising.

What is going on with the weather this year? I'm not supposed to be wearing shorts in mid-October.

Judging by the rivers of water in the street, most of my neighbours spent yesterday closing their pools for the year.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:23 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the NYC restaurant (Eleven Madison Park as Oink already noted) was bloody amazing. One of the best meals we have ever had and entirely unpretentious. Young, fun staff - amazing food and wine.
Actually everything in NYC was great. Made me remember what a real city is like.