Teatime Choices

Old Feb 9th 2015, 7:43 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by Oink
Boring boring tacos.
No such thing. Lurrrrve tacos.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 8:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
No such thing. Lurrrrve tacos.
Author of his own misfortunes, he's either buying boring tacos or making them. Oink try making curried chicken tacos - go with what you know.
Old Feb 10th 2015, 7:56 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Author of his own misfortunes, he's either buying boring tacos or making them. Oink try making curried chicken tacos - go with what you know.
You might be on to something. Maybe a curried chicken burrito with mushroom rice and sag aloo?
Old Feb 10th 2015, 8:21 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

You might be on to something. Maybe a curried chicken burrito with mushroom rice and sag aloo?
Sounds great. Could use a chipatti for the wrap.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 12:04 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken curry and rice.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 3:59 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

I had porridge tonight because I'm just that cool.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 2:48 pm
Yo

It's quite amazing how porridge has transformed its status in the last few years.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 3:46 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Nottingham sausages that were delicious. Very plump, juicy and tender (giggity), a truly wondrous example of the rather dark art of sausage making. Together with some creamy mashed potatoes, a combination of fresh peas and broad beans and some thick homemade gravy, there was also two large slices of Victoria sponge with fresh cream for pudding. All together it was a master showcase of a tea. It goes someway to demonstrate that the human spirit, with some effort and creativity, can adapt to some of the most dire and desperate conditions life throws at it. And to think HID wanted to go out for our tea. It sure beats going to the Wet Spot.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 10:09 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Nottingham sausages that were delicious. Very plump, juicy and tender (giggity), a truly wondrous example of the rather dark art of sausage making. Together with some creamy mashed potatoes, a combination of fresh peas and broad beans and some thick homemade gravy, there was also two large slices of Victoria sponge with fresh cream for pudding. All together it was a master showcase of a tea. It goes someway to demonstrate that the human spirit, with some effort and creativity, can adapt to some of the most dire and desperate conditions life throws at it. And to think HID wanted to go out for our tea. It sure beats going to the Wet Spot.
I was going to ask about peas. glad you had all your bases covered
Old Mar 8th 2015, 3:06 pm
Yo

The sausage and mash sounds good!

Came across this version of chilli, Caretaker, never seen it before...looks the business!

Tortilla Stack Recipe - Taste.com.au
Old Mar 8th 2015, 10:37 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Sausages, chips and gravy, peas, beer.
Old May 2nd 2015, 8:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I made a bunch of slashes in some chicken thighs and have them sitting in the fridge in a mixture of yogurt, paprika, curry powder, turmeric.and chili powder. All I have to put with it is red peppers, green onions, red onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, coconut milk and cilantro. I don't know what I can do with that but I'll think of something.

Last edited by caretaker; May 2nd 2015 at 8:57 pm.
Old May 3rd 2015, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by caretaker
I made a bunch of slashes in some chicken thighs and have them sitting in the fridge in a mixture of yogurt, paprika, curry powder, turmeric.and chili powder. All I have to put with it is red peppers, green onions, red onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, coconut milk and cilantro. I don't know what I can do with that but I'll think of something.
What you want to do is a two-step marinade. The first for about 3/4 hr, where you rub on garlic and ginger paste and lemon juice then for your second do your yogurt marinade. The first one helps to open up the chicken to allow the flavours of the second one to penetrate (giggity).
Old May 3rd 2015, 12:33 am
Stand-up Philosopher

What you want to do is a two-step marinade. The first for about 3/4 hr, where you rub on garlic and ginger paste and lemon juice then for your second do your yogurt marinade. The first one helps to open up the chicken to allow the flavours of the second one to penetrate (giggity).
Noted, I simmered smashed garlic in the oil as I got the chicken going then removed it before it scorched, added some more and diced it in with the other stuff, also incorporated half an apple. De-glazed with plonk. I just finished supper, actually.
Old May 3rd 2015, 10:42 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Well there were 2 thighs left soaking up the love (whoa!) since yesterday so sautee'd, shredded and finished off in the pan, de-glazed with sherry then mixed with red onion, green onion, fresh cilantro and mayo. This is not your mama's chicken salad.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20150503_160713.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; May 3rd 2015 at 10:51 pm. Reason: why not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.