Teatime Choices

Old Nov 26th 2012, 9:54 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by caretaker
The other half of that duck, cut up and browned with onions and garlic and crushed chilis then pan deglazed with Lemon Hart (we don' need no steenking badges!) And into the slowcooker with a can of pineapple and honey. I set off the smoke detector!
We're going posh tonight with steak and chips. On a bloody Monday night? Isn't Canada great?
Old Dec 4th 2012, 8:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to fry some shrimp to eat while the chicken livers thaw, then I'll dice some bacon ends and make pate with thyme and pepper and butter and have a little picnic. Canada's Food Guide is more a set of loose recommendations than actual regulations, I've always felt. Votes for the booze to deglaze? I have some of that black Curzon rum, think that's a Christmasy deglazer.

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 4th 2012 at 9:12 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:03 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken and leek soup
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 5:25 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

HID came home with a massive tray of homemade samosas with sauce, that a parent gave her. They were the, OMG, bolloxy bollocks.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 10:32 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really feel like cooking anything so I'm going to take buns out of the freezer now and have pastrami sandwiches at Superbowl halftime and as many beer as I want. I have rye bread, but decided on buns. If I want I can have both - what a country! In the meantime I'm snacking on some hot pepperoni from Ukrainian Co-op, and while it isn't quite as dry as the JNnZ's sticks on Commercial Drive it's very good (I'll have to take some to my friends in Van when I go there this spring.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:42 pm

I don't really feel like cooking anything so I'm going to take buns out of the freezer now and have pastrami sandwiches at Superbowl halftime and as many beer as I want. I have rye bread, but decided on buns. If I want I can have both - what a country! In the meantime I'm snacking on some hot pepperoni from Ukrainian Co-op, and while it isn't quite as dry as the JNnZ's sticks on Commercial Drive it's very good (I'll have to take some to my friends in Van when I go there this spring.
I like pepperoni.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

JNnZ's on Commercial - you got it from me. If you want to buy a rack of smoked anything this is where to go. A family business, (Croatian), they don't let anyone behiind the counter who isn't family so when they have holidays in the summer they close the store. One girl who brought pepperoni back for me said, "How did you find this place? It's like being inside the cow!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 8:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Tonight's was a muledeer tenderloin and chips and oh man was it good! There's a piece left for a snack on a bun in about 3 hours..... oh, too late.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 12:05 am

HID wants to go out of a meal for our tea tonight and she don't want pizza nor Chinese but I got to choose. Got any suggestions for Vancouver because I've got nothing?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 12:13 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
HID wants to go out of a meal for our tea tonight and she don't want pizza nor Chinese but I got to choose. Got any suggestions for Vancouver because I've got nothing?
Keg?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Flogger
Keg?
Not on since the incident with the waitress at the Christmas party.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 12:42 am
Stand-up Philosopher

There's the bbq smoked ribs place about a block up from Havana & on the same side on the Drive. It turns into a blues venue at night and the ribs are good. Generous with the curly fries, cheap with the beans.

Last edited by caretaker; Mar 2nd 2013 at 12:52 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 2:34 am

There's the bbq smoked ribs place about a block up from Havana & on the same side on the Drive. It turns into a blues venue at night and the ribs are good. Generous with the curly fries, cheap with the beans.
I rather like curly fries. In the end, we went to Earl's, mainly from my perspective to see if they still had Albino Rhino beer. They still do. I had a steak and chips. What's wrong with these Canadians still not doing peas?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 3:01 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

ST Augustine's on The Drive - nice new Cauliflower dish to rival Nuba!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 8:17 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

There were 13 big Mexican tomatoes just on the verge of over-ripe at work so I took them and got cilantro and jalapenos and made salsa last night, and now I'm making samozas to put it on. It's the classic scenario of opportunity and found materials inspiring art.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.