Teatime Choices

Old Oct 24th 2019, 10:48 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by caretaker
Arugula and alfalfa sprouts with walnuts in a light vinagrette, apple slices, and 2oz yogurt with blueberries.
Just kidding!
Sausages chips and peas would be my last ever meal. HID is at a meeting until late so I'm sneaking off to have spicy soup dumplings, a fungus salad and a can of Budweisers at Number 1 Dumpling. The added benefit that it is, it's very near the liquor store.

Last edited by Oink; Oct 24th 2019 at 10:51 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2019, 11:12 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Sausages chips and peas would be my last ever meal. HID is at a meeting until late so I'm sneaking off to have spicy soup dumplings, a fungus salad and a can of Budweisers at Number 1 Dumpling. The added benefit that it is, it's very near the liquor store.
That sounds good and healthy enough. Over time a lot of my favourite places in Vancouver have closed and I haven't been around enough to find new ones, (with the odd exception).
Old Oct 24th 2019, 11:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sneaking off to have spicy soup dumplings, a fungus salad and a can of Budweisers at Number 1 Dumpling. The added benefit that it is, it's very near the liquor store.
And then Steve Nash Fitness World to work it off?

Old Nov 1st 2019, 11:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Clam chowder with buns and cheese. The poaching liquid from yesterday's kippers gives it a light smokey taste I really like.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 3:51 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Three mini chicken tacos. HID picked through them and scraped off the chipotle mayo and the shredded cheese. Apparently we have a posh party to go to in two weeks.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 4:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Spaghetti below the knees , then a settle down to wait for the 10pm RWC kick off.
Old Nov 3rd 2019, 9:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Slow cooked braised Lamb. Well, according to the recipe and cook timing table I followed, the 6 hours was to be a slow cook. But the temperatures suggested and the actual 4 hour time was not a million miles away from what I'd normally do when roasting lamb.

It was a bit too salty, thanks mainly to the chicken broth called for in the braised version.
Old Nov 3rd 2019, 10:12 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Vs, don't bother reading this post, it's not for you matey...

Three cheese fondue (Gruyère, Vacherin, Tilsit) with baguette cubes and/or steamed baby potatoes.

Old Nov 7th 2019, 1:51 am
`

Was given a few kilo of fresh green lipped mussels last night, so those in a creamy white wine garlic sauce with baguette.

Spent a while having to clean and de-beard the things. Creeps me out a bit they way then open and close.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 1:40 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by BEVS
Was given a few kilo of fresh green lipped mussels last night, so those in a creamy white wine garlic sauce with baguette.

Spent a while having to clean and de-beard the things. Creeps me out a bit they way then open and close.
It's another 'cheat' for me with mussels. I buy them like this

and there's a green Thai curry one (not tried yet but they're in the freezer) as well as white wine sauce and others. They come in vacpacks and do great in the microwave.

No preparing, no rejecting the ones that don't open and you get the fun of forking them out of the shell as well as the sauce to soak up with a bit of bread.

They form part of our fishy dinners including scallops and big prawns and a nice dry riesling.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 2:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Lazy and not very healthy tonight. Crispy bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes, with toasted sour dough bread. At least I grilled the tomatoes
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:19 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

That sounds fantastic!

Old Nov 7th 2019, 8:53 pm
`

Originally Posted by caretaker
That sounds fantastic!
They were but the kitchen looked like a bomb had hit it. I didn't really have large enough pans for that lot.

I had to prise MrBEVS away from what could have become a pet mussel once he learnt that a live opening one could be told to shut again with a tap from a teaspoon.

My neighbour has changed employment so free fresh mussels may come our way on and off now . His family won't eat them , let alone prepare them.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 9:14 pm
Oscar nominated

Disappointed with last Sunday's slow cooked lamb so reverted to the traditional roast version today.

Bootiful.
Old Nov 17th 2019, 11:08 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Roast Turkey, roast parsnips/spud, cranberry and orange sausage meat stuffing, ordinary stuffing, green beans, carrots and gravy with a glass of Sauvignon blanc.
You'll be forever known as Two Stuffings.
Not just me apparently
From today's guardian christmas dinner recipes:
a turkey – with two gorgeous stuffings
I'm in good company

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.